Mark Zuckerberg -- Also from the Onion

Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Mark Zuckerberg -- Also from the Onion

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Yet another installment of "People who Mattered in 2010" -- and one I think we can all sympathize with
Mark Zuckerberg - Gotta Hand It To The Little Fucker Founder of Facebook
December 17, 2010 | ISSUE 46•50

No one made as large an impact on how we interact in 2010 as Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, whom you've really gotta hand it to, as much as you'd like to punch the little shit right in his smug, 26-year-old- billionaire face. Zuckerberg launched Facebook from his Harvard dorm room in 2004 and has since seen the social network grow from a few thousand college students to more 500 million users worldwide.

Smart little fucker, isn't he?

2010 was a landmark year for Zuckerberg: He watched his net worth surpass that of Steve Jobs and of Rupert Murdoch, while also expanding his online empire to include geo-location services, high-res photo-sharing, and enhanced personalization features, all of which just proved that the redheaded little dickface has really got our number and will always have us lining up and begging for more. Goddammit.

And recently joining the likes of Bill Gates and Warren Buffett in pledging to give most his income to charity is exactly the kind of maneuver a shitwad like this would pull to make you almost respect him.

The brilliant prick's meteoric ascent has so captured the nation's imagination that screenwriter Aaron Sorkin and acclaimed director David Fincher teamed up to immortalize the little wiener in the blockbuster film The Social Network, released in October.

Though his power and notoriety are sure to grow in coming years, you really can't begrudge Zuckerberg his fair-won success, even if he looks like a pimply-faced little fuckhead you could easily kick in the balls without feeling any remorse.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Re: Mark Zuckerberg -- Also from the Onion

Post by Angharrad »

Nerds RULE!!!!
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Yeah,the one thing he should never have come up with is "poking"people. It's kinda disturbing when someone asks you if you "poked" your dad or your brother recently.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

mwhittington wrote:Yeah,the one thing he should never have come up with is "poking"people. It's kinda disturbing when someone asks you if you "poked" your dad or your brother recently.
I get the reasoning for it, if you wanna talk to someone and get their attention, you can poke them, but the mechanism makes it pointless, like if it were a poke initiated a chatbox with the other person, then cool, a way to get their attention so that they notice without you having to be all too pushy, or when they next log on it brings up a chatbox if you are online, that would be nice, but currently it's just a way to annoy people, no real purpose otherwise.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

mwhittington wrote:Yeah,the one thing he should never have come up with is "poking"people. It's kinda disturbing when someone asks you if you "poked" your dad or your brother recently.
:lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Hey, I poke my cousin and she pokes me daily.

Though I never understood the purpose of the feature aside from being annoying to someone else.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Tyyr wrote:Hey, I poke my cousin and she pokes me daily.
Your family's from the panhandle, isn't it? ;)
Tyyr wrote:Though I never understood the purpose of the feature aside from being annoying to someone else.
Indeed, I've never used it in my life. If I want to get someone's attention, I'll message them or write on their wall.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Hey, we've all got a cousin we'd poke if we thought we could get away with it.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Tyyr wrote:Hey, we've all got a cousin we'd poke if we thought we could get away with it.
:shock: , not me dude.
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Tyyr wrote:Hey, we've all got a cousin we'd poke if we thought we could get away with it.
Er, yeah... I'm going to have to go with Colm on this one.
as Bull offed Custer
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Well, it depends on how far from the family tree you see as acceptable, I actually have a 4th or maybe 5th cousin that I was attracted to when I was younger, although honestly I don't think she was blood related to me at all... So at may be why I stand where I do, but yeah, last time I saw her was at our last family reunion, which was more than 5 years ago, so IDK whats happened since then with my mindset. The rest of my extended family I would be perfectly happy if I never had to speak to them again...
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I can't speak to that. The most distant relatives I have (at least, ones who I've ever met) are second cousins - and they don't even count, as they are also my first cousins. (No Zaphod Beeblebrox activities - my father's sister married my mother's cousin. Their children are my first and second cousins.)
as Bull offed Custer
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

Um, no.

btw: :poke:
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

From Slave to Princess
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Tyyr wrote:Hey, we've all got a cousin we'd poke if we thought we could get away with it, and never have to talk about it.
Fixed it for ya.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Angharrad
Captain
Captain

Post by Angharrad »

Mark wrote:
Tyyr wrote:Hey, we've all got a cousin we'd poke if we thought we could get away with it, and never have to talk about it.
Fixed it for ya.
Still no.

From Slave to Princess