Forum Issues

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Forum Issues

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Just a few minutes ago (around 3:25 CDT) did any one notice the rank systems "short out?"

I was posting in the FTF game and all the ranks went to crewman and everyone had a post count of 0...and now my post count is about 2000 less than it was.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Forum Issues

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

I wasn't online to see that, but I seem to have lost 300 or so posts off my count. :confused:
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I had just topped 5400 IIRC.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

I don't recall exactly where i was but I was closing in on 3000
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Looks like it's universal - my postcount is down by about a thousand, Deep's dropped below me for the first time in I-don't-know-how-long, and Rochey's well below 20k. Some people are on zero despite having posted.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

hmm...strange...I saw Ian was online, was he changing something?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Addendum: if you look at your actual posts, you'll find that the count is still accurate - its the postcount in the info block that's corrupted.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Captain Seafort wrote:Addendum: if you look at your actual posts, you'll find that the count is still accurate - its the postcount in the info block that's corrupted.
Well, on a quick look through my history I can't seem to find any posts clearly missing...
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

That's my point - if you'd gone into your profile and selected "search user's posts" you'd have found that it was substantially higher than the postcount in your info block or profile home page. Anyway, it seems to be sorted. Weird. :?
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

I was rebuilding it and it crapped out part way through. It should be fine now.
email, ergo spam
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

And the mystery is solved. :)
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

View your posts wrote:Search found 1185 matches
Is there a limit on how many posts it can find?
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

You're looking at the wrong list - the one at the top of the screen lists threads, not individual posts. Click on your username, then click "view user's posts" - that's the one I'm talking about. It's actually more accurate than (or at the very least different to) your official postcount.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Ah ok. Now everything makes sense.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

thanks Ian, looks good now...it was just strange.