Can you be a Trek Writer? Technobabble game

Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Can you be a Trek Writer? Technobabble game

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Well, I was reading a thread in one of the Trek forums and something Treknobabble-related came up. Which one, you ask? Does it matter - they're all like that. :lol:

Anyway, this got me thinking and the idea of this thread popped into my head. Try to explain ordinary things using the densest technobabble possible.

Turning on a light:

First, ensure that the visible EM band radiation emission unit is inserted into the AC power receptacle of the visible EM band radiation emission unit mounting device securely, and that the electrical power reception prongs of the mounting device are properly inserted into a wall-mounted AC power distribution terminal. Then, proceed to the control unit of the visible EM band radiation emission unit mounting device and manipulate the control interface in such a manner that the activation state is set to Boolean '1.'
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Can you be a Trek Writer? Technobabble game

Post by Mark »

:shock: :wtf:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Can you be a Trek Writer? Technobabble game

Post by Nickswitz »

I can't come up with any. Well I probably could but it would take me some time, so no i couldn't be a trek writer. Not stupid enough either apparently :D
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang