New Series Update [SPOLIERS]

Hisrak
Crewman
Crewman

New Series Update [SPOLIERS]

Post by Hisrak »

<<<WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!>>>

Okay, this post is mostly for those of you who haven't been keeping an eye on the DW website, DW Magazine, and other places of Who-related information. Here are just a few snippets of information (all completely official ad taken from reliable sources) that you might have missed:

CASTING:

For the Christmas special this year, we have a very special guest: it's only bloomin' Kylie Minogue! She'll be playing Astrid, a waitress aboard the RMS Titanic, which crashed through the walls of the TARDIS at the end of the 3rd series finale. Other confirmed cast members are Clive Swift, Geoffrey Palmer, Gary O'Brien Debbie Chazen, Clive Rowe, Russel Tovey, George Costigan and Jimmy Vee.

Torchwood brings further surprises. James Marsters (Spike of Buffy and Angel fame) will be making a guest appearance in the first episode of the upcoming series, and Alan Dale (Ugly Betty, Lost, OC, The West Wing) will be appearing in a later episode. Freema Agyeman (Martha Jones) will also be appearing for three episodes.

And as for the fourth series of DW itself, Catherine Tate (Am I bovvered?) will once again be stepping aboard the good ship TARDIS as the new companion, with Freema Agyeman rejoining the crew partway through the series.

SARAH JANE ADVENTURES:

Due to air September of this year, although this is subject to change. The seires will consist of 5 episodes, each split into two parts of thirty minutes each.

OTHER STUFF:

The Ood are to return in the fourth series, starring in their very own episode entitled Planet of the Ood. (Title may be preliminary.)

An adversary of Torchwood this time around will be called the Pharm, and Martha Jones will be involved. The episode may also change the life of a Torchwood member forever.

A set for the Boeshane Peninsula (Cptn Jack's home, mentioned in Last of the Time Lords,) has been created, most likely for Torchwood.

Voyage of the Damned will inclue the words 'host', 'lifeboats', 'trapped', and the sentence 'they think we should be in steerage.'

That's all for now, folks, as I've got to rush off to see the Simpsons Movie, but I'll keep an eye out for anything interesting Who-related and post it here straight away. Anyone else feel free to add anything I've missed.

Ciao.
"....." - Morn
Martin
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Martin »

No, I think you've been pretty comprehensive there, there's things there I hadn't heard about and I do keep quite a close eye on things!

About the Christmas episode, the more I think about it the more I'm looking forward to it, can't say I felt like that last year after the appearance of Donna at the end of series 2 (although in the event it was actually quite good.)
Dean Martlou
Master chief petty officer
Master chief petty officer

Post by Dean Martlou »

Hisrak?
as in, from VX Flash? or do i recognize the name from elsewhere?
Oops.

I shouldn't have told you that last part.
Hisrak
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Hisrak »

I'm really looking forward to Christmas special, too. I liked the sudden appearance of Titanic's bow through the TARDIS wall, but I preferred Catherine Tate's appearance at the end of series 2 better. I just felt it made more sense to keep us on a high than be left with the image of Rose leaving, never to return.

Oh, and I bet a week's wages that series four will end with the Doctor saying "What... what? WHAT?" Just a hunch. :wink:

Drake: The name is from a character I used in an RPG once upon a time. I wanted something Romulan-ish. Oh, and I'm #3 on the DITL caption competition honour role. Not to brag or anything...
"....." - Morn
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

um...did I miss something? Season 3 just started didn't it? Is someone other then Sci-Fi channel showing it? They're in the middle of season with the Daleks in the Empire State Building and the pig slave thing. And all the Torchwood commercials say it won't start until next month on the BBC. I though it was a new series. I'm very confused here.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

We're talking about the fourth season.
In the UK and Ireland the third season is finshied already.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:We're talking about the fourth season.
In the UK and Ireland the third season is finshied already.
Oh, I see. Lucky Brits. I forgot how international this site was. But... how did the Titanic penetrate the side of the TARDIS? Of all the things the Doctor put his ship through how could a poorly constructed steamship penetrate the TARDIS?

And from the earlier post I take it that the new Torchwood series has something to do with Doctor Who? That was the name of the organization that was responsible for the Carary Warf battle wasn't it? I thought they were the bad guys that tried to capture the TARDIS and the Doctor.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Oh, the Titanic penetrated the TARDS because of the trans-perambulation of cosmic antimatter. Simple really.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

GrahamKennedy wrote:Oh, the Titanic penetrated the TARDS because of the trans-perambulation of cosmic antimatter. Simple really.
Oh good. When I heard about this I told some friends and we had a betting pool as to the how. It looks like I won. But hasn't he been on the Titanic before? I belive the ninth Doctor mentioned being on an "unsinkable" ship and landed up clinging to an iceberg. And the fourth Doctor told someone he wasn't responsible for it's sinking. I sure hope the tenth doctor doesn't change that. But still, the Doctor may meet whatever incarnation of himself is on the ship. I know he's not supposed to but he's done it before.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Personally I'm hoping that McGann turns up in the Christmas Special. He didn't get a decent run as the Doctor, so hopefully he'll get a bit of screentime now. Another possibility is that in "Rose", the Ninth Doctor was show in Southampton in Edwardian clothing. Since he never seemed to change out of that jacket, it's possible that those clothes were the Eighth Doctor's, and he'd recently regenerated - a regeneration that may be depicted in the Christmas Special. All right, I'm reaching, but it's an idea.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

And from the earlier post I take it that the new Torchwood series has something to do with Doctor Who? That was the name of the organization that was responsible for the Carary Warf battle wasn't it?
Yes, the Torchwood we're talking about is a spin-off show from Doctor Who focusing on the activities of the Torchwood Institute's Cardiff base under the command of Captain Jack Harkness.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:
And from the earlier post I take it that the new Torchwood series has something to do with Doctor Who? That was the name of the organization that was responsible for the Carary Warf battle wasn't it?
Yes, the Torchwood we're talking about is a spin-off show from Doctor Who focusing on the activities of the Torchwood Institute's Cardiff base under the command of Captain Jack Harkness.
oh. I thought they were bad guys from the way the tried to capture the doctor and caused The Battle of Canary Whorf.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

They were the bad guys in Doctor Who. But now their the good guys. After Canary Wharf the whole organization was re-organized.