In Defiance...

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

In Defiance...

Post by DarkOmen »

Well, I promised this to you guys a looooooong time ago, but I've been super busy with school and work so i never got around to doing it....

I'm still not very happy with it, but what ever tweaks i do to it, it seems to make it worse... i must be out of practice :P

But as i promised those many moons ago, here is a Defiant wing arriving to a distress call from a distant colony seconds too late.

I have bigger too if anybody wants.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Love it.

I hope that lead Defiant isn't going to perform the Sisko Maneouvre. Its a tough ship, but I doubt it'd survive ramming straight through a Borg Cube :)
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Lol.. yeah, that probably wouldn't work so well :P
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Does a cube have the power to destroy a planet?

Cool pic. I love the combo phaser canon and QT volly. Anything would hurt after that.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Teaos wrote:Does a cube have the power to destroy a planet?
Never seen, only that they can scoop out cities. I doubt it though, planet busting in Trek always seems to involve a trick of some sort.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

New background = applied. Awesome picture, im stunned!
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Beautiful work, as always, Dark. And I love the balls-to-the-wall head-on approach - just what the Defiant was made for.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

kostmayer wrote:Love it.

I hope that lead Defiant isn't going to perform the Sisko Maneouvre. Its a tough ship, but I doubt it'd survive ramming straight through a Borg Cube :)
:?: What's the Sisko Maneouvre?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Very cool pic, Dark. :D
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:

Heh, its my name for that bit in "The Die is Cast, where he basically charges at three Dominion ships, and holds fire till the Defiant is within 500 metres. The Defiant pretty much flies through one of them. Not sure if there was any tactical advantage to holding his fire, or if he did it just to look cool.

I suppose the Defiant might make it all the way through a Borg cube if it kept blasting.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it :)

I was calling the planetoid a small moon, so maybe that will be a bit more believeable :P
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

kostmayer wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:

Heh, its my name for that bit in "The Die is Cast, where he basically charges at three Dominion ships, and holds fire till the Defiant is within 500 metres. The Defiant pretty much flies through one of them. Not sure if there was any tactical advantage to holding his fire, or if he did it just to look cool.

I suppose the Defiant might make it all the way through a Borg cube if it kept blasting.
That's not a maneouvre, that's just holding fire until you're at point-blank range.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Yeah, I wasn't being serious. I just thought it was a bit, well, Sisko.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Very nice Dark - your battle scenes get better every time, from a pretty good start. Are you planning on expanding this scene, the way you did with the fleet action?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Well here's my new background! Incredible stuff; thanks!
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?