Ship of the Week: Malevolence

RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Ship of the Week: Malevolence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Mikey wrote:As I said, it is nice at least to see some thought put into the design based on what it's canon successors look like.
Rochey wrote:I'll keep an eye out for it.
After you see it, you'll want to PUT an eye out.

No indication of Anakin's ambivalence or precursors of his leaning toward the Dark Side, save for a headstrong streak; Plo Koon is constantly willing to sit and let Skywalker do whatever he wants, even when he disagrees; Ashoka makes you want to drop-kick her like a rugby ball; and Greivous is portrayed as a buffoonish, foiled-every-ep cartton villain.
Yeah. They forgot the whole "I SLAUGHTERED THEM LIKE ANIMALS!" bit, among others.

EDIT:

And I'll have to keep an eye out for that tower, SSM12.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Where are the stats for this ship from? I'll have to read up on this thing.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

Deepcrush wrote:Where are the stats for this ship from? I'll have to read up on this thing.
Wookiepedia.com.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Ok, so where did the other 75% of those stats you put up come from?
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

Deepcrush wrote:Ok, so where did the other 75% of those stats you put up come from?
Visual Evidence.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Okay...
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

I've caught a few pieces of episodes and yeah it doesn't seem that inspired. As for the ships having vulnerable Bridges I would say that is just an evolution from what modern Warships are like, back in the ages of sail being exposed was the only way you could do it and we have carried that on, though Combat Control is buried deep in the ship the Bridge were the watch is and where the CO generally is is still exposed to enemy fire. When Lucas and co design the Death Star they likely wanted to created that feel for people, in fact the front of the SD Bridge Tower is pretty similar in appearance to the squared one on USS Enterprise. He probably wanted that familiarity to be instantaneous rather than having to describe to people where it was, not to mention that like every other series/movie from that era had a similar position for their Bridge, even Starfleet suffers from it and that is truly ridiculous.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I didn't say that the idiotic bridge positioning was esclusive to Star Wars, just that it's still idiotic.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

I was replying more to Seafort's follow on post there.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

While that's the most likely out of universe explaination, it doesn't really explain why so many different shipyards would build ships with ridiculously exposed bridges.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

Rochey wrote:While that's the most likely out of universe explaination, it doesn't really explain why so many different shipyards would build ships with ridiculously exposed bridges.
'Show no Fear'?

I agree, it doesn't have anyplace on a Star ship unless you are relying on visual detection, which given the generally advanced sensor systems doesn't make much sense.
-Elie Wiesel

-Billy Ray Cyrus