USS Raven Floorplans

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

USS Raven Floorplans

Post by DarkOmen »

Well, here is what I have been working on recently.... Another one of DITL's members, Tiberius, is writing a novel based on the Hansens' adventures studying the Borg. He asked me to draw floorplans for the Raven.

This was ALOT of work... It may not look like it, but I had to conform to the obvious restrictions of the size of the ship, as well as the settings and placement of things in the book that Tiberius wrote.

Done in AutoCAD 2008, plotted as a .pdf, then finalized in photoshop.

They are a little big, but its all black and white .jpgs so it should load pretty quick....

Also, at the end is a dedication plaque I made. The only shot of it we had seen was this one seen in "The Raven".

In Tiberius' story, the Raven was never given a proper plaque, so the Hansens' made their own. So i tried to make it a little rough looking, like it was made from some scrap metal... the metal texture was all done in photoshop, and took me quite a while to make. The quote is from the Edgar Allan Poe poem "The Raven"

So gimme some comments, and keep an eye out for Tiberius' book, it's very good ;)

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Hell of a job, Dark. If as much thought and detail went into Tiberius' book, I look forward to it.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Wow, once again, great work! :D
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Very nicely done Dark, and I also look forward to reading Tiberius' work.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

It would have been very funny if the dedication plaque contained the text: "Nevermore." Perhaps for a different vessel.
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

First of all, I can't say how wonderful it is to see the Raven like this. Before this, all I had was some rough sketches of the interior layout. Needless to say, I was way off in many places. Doing this with Dark really gave me a respect for the actual size of the ship, and it really let me see this ship for the first time.

I gotta say that Dark really helped to flesh out and develop this ship, not just following my instructions. Many times there just wasn't enough space to put everything the way I had it in the story, so Wwe had to figure out how to rearrange things so it would all fit AND also follow the dictates of the story. There are many places where Dark was the one who came up with the answer. And he even included things that I never would have thought of, such as the small rooms in the nacelle pylons and the layout of the rooms in the forward hull on Deck 2. This ship was designed just as much by him as it was by me. This work is absolutely stunning, and I can't say enough good things about him.
Go and read my fan fic "The Hansen Diaries"! And leave comments!
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

Shran, I'm pretty sure the plaque they actually used in the episode had the quote"Quoth the raven, "Nevermore", but I felt that was a kinda corny line. So I looked for a line that seemed to suit the Raven's mission.
D. Sergez
Senior chief petty officer
Senior chief petty officer

Post by D. Sergez »

nice one... very nice work..
"Let me get this straight. You've gone to all this trouble to program a three-dimensional environment that projects a two-dimensional image and now you're asking me to wear these to make it look three-dimensional again?" - B'Elanna to Tom.
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

I'm just going through the annotations on the story I have written so far, making some corrections, and then I'll start posting it up here.

Bear in mind that it isn't finished yet, but most of it is. Hopefully, by the time we get to the parts that haven't been written yet, I'll have written them.
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Fantastic work, Dark, and I look forward to reading the novel, Tiberius. How many pages is it?
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

At the moment, it is almost 112,000 words. That's over 400 pages if it is published.

But as I said, it's not finished yet. I'd say it could get up to 130,000 words or so when it's done. However, there are several appendices in it as well.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Cool, I look forward to seeing it. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

As do I. And I think you picked the perfect line from the poem for the plaque.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

Thanks Mikey.

The biggest thing stopping me from starting to post it is that The third chapter, the one that introduces the hansens, is one that I am very unhappy with. I've just gotta fix that, then i'll be able to start posting some of it.

But like I said, it's not finished yet, so I might have to rewrite a fair part of it....
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

To show you how much work DarkOmen put into this, these are the original sketches I sent him to show the basic deck layouts. Most of the detail in the finished plans is his, with just a few notes and comments by me.

I'll start posting the story. However, it will be a while between installments, as it's still a work in progress. You can read it HERE