Independence Class

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Independence Class

Post by DarkOmen »

Well, here's the next one... the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-H, Independence Class.

I'm not sure if I like this one... It's kind of a combination of all the past Enterprises lol... as the gap shrinks between E and J, it gets harder and harder for me to make a logical progression.

I didnt make as detailed a layout for this one, but it should be sufficient. If you want anymore info, let me know.

Last edited by DarkOmen on Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

It has certinly moved more away from the E-E and gone towards the E-J.

If you want to make a obvious difference you could make it quite a bit fatter and have it slim down as it gets closer to E-J.

Can these ships still seperate or has that been binned?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

good man,sam!
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I like the idea of the seperate weapons pod, although I think it would become a direct target. I think it is a good idea as it sould be kept more secure and is an area of ALL business...
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Cool, I like it. :)
It's a jump all right, but it still keeps in line pretty well with previous ships, while building towards the E-J.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Thank you for the compliments guys.

I don't think that it has any sort of seperation capabilities Teaos. Canonically, E-D (and we can assume all Galaxy's) is the only ship in all of Trek to have that capability.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Well the constitution class has emergency seperation abilities. There was an episode were Kirk told Scotty to seperate the ship and break orbit if necessary. But that's a last resort and never actually done.

Sweet design though.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

You've got too much talent. You do motion with your models?
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

the only one of my enteprises i have a model of is F... models take a very very VERY long time to make, and if i have a year of freetime in the future, i may make them into 3D models... these are just 2d schematics that i drew in CAD.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Looks wonderful - just a little thing, the decks are a bit tall - 7 metres, to be exact, I'd suggest about 25 decks. :wink:
Also looks a bit like the USS Premonition from ST:Armada.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

there is space where there would not be decks... namely the pylons going down to the secondary hull and in alot of the secondary hull.. that comprises about 40% of the height...
Thorin wrote: Also looks a bit like the USS Premonition from ST:Armada.

It does?!?! I could almost take that as an insult :P

The Premonition

Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

DarkOmen wrote:there is space where there would not be decks... namely the pylons going down to the secondary hull and in alot of the secondary hull.. that comprises about 40% of the height...
Ahh, okay :wink:
It does?!?! I could almost take that as an insult
If you squash down the forward view of the Premonition, the actual saucer section looks a little similar, but no insult intended! I loved the USS Premonition!
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

DarkOmen wrote:the only one of my enteprises i have a model of is F... models take a very very VERY long time to make, and if i have a year of freetime in the future, i may make them into 3D models... these are just 2d schematics that i drew in CAD.
Well if you have anything with non-copy righted material (Or stuff you've copy righted) and have a video of it let me know. I'll put it in the winter movie I'm helping with Art design on.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Other than the dorsal of the saucer, it's awesome!
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Thorin wrote:If you squash down the forward view of the Premonition, the actual saucer section looks a little similar, but no insult intended! I loved the USS Premonition!
If you squash or pull a little... doesn't basically every Fed ship look alike?
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...