Russell Watson

Enterprise
Enkidu
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Russell Watson

Post by Enkidu »

Russell Watson, the factory worker turned opera singer who sang the theme tune to Enterprise, is recovering from emergency surgery on a brain tumour at the moment:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7063587.stm

He seems to be doing fairly well. I feel I should point out that the photograph in the article of him in a talent show was as an expert in a Strictly Come Dancing style show, with a celeb paired up with a professional, rather than him finding fame on an X-factor style show, which could easily be falsely assumed from the article. Sloppy reporting, BBC.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Poor guy. While I'm not exactly in love with ENT's theme song, I hope he's all right.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I wonder if his singing ability will be impaired? Brain surgery is tricky business, after all. That would really suck.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939