TNG's Original Coffee Lounge Bridge Sketch

The Next Generation
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

TNG's Original Coffee Lounge Bridge Sketch

Post by Aaron »

Gaze upon the sketch and despair and what would have been had Roddennberry's vision come to pass. Tables and lounge chairs on the bridge. Thank goodness common sense prevailed and we only got the pyscho-blatter on the bridge instead.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

They need a Breville toastie maker
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I find it rather pitiful that, when I first looked at it, I asked myself 'what's different?'.
Although, there really isn't that much different, except that it looks slightly more ridiculous.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Could've been worse. How about a few 24th century pinball machines over to the left there? Or a fountain? Flowers everywhere, and a couple of hippie chicks with mandolins?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Could've been worse. How about a few 24th century pinball machines over to the left there? Or a fountain? Flowers everywhere, and a couple of hippie chicks with mandolins?
I guess they didn't want to repeat The Way To Eden.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

If they had this bridge we never would've had the military argument.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Because any war would clearly be over shortly?

Captain Picard: "Status of their weapons, Mr. Worf?"

Worf: " One moment, Captain. I'm almost done with my latte..."

Jeez.

BTW, Blackstar, I think your character in the USS Daystrom forum is very original and interesting. Looking forward to more from all of those involved.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

' join us'as the ghouls from the novel 'i am Legend' might moan, or as the unfortunates from the film 'Freaks' would chorus; 'one of us, one of us!'
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Tsukiyumi wrote:Because any war would clearly be over shortly?

Captain Picard: "Status of their weapons, Mr. Worf?"

Worf: " One moment, Captain. I'm almost done with my latte..."

Jeez.

BTW, Blackstar, I think your character in the USS Daystrom forum is very original and interesting. Looking forward to more from all of those involved.
lol. I meant there would be no way to consider it a warship.

And do you mean original overall or original for a Chakat? You weren't really clear.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I just may. Writing is my occupation, and this seems like a friendly community. I was already thinking I could throw out a couple of relatively expendable minor characters (don't want to step on anyone's toes) to flesh out the story.

Oddly enough, I already feel welcome here. (perhaps because I've been watching the site and trying the caption comp for almost a year...)
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I wasn't aware of the species. Are they from the novels?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Tsukiyumi wrote:I wasn't aware of the species. Are they from the novels?
You mean Star Trek? Nope. But I'm hardly the first chakat. That would be Goldfur. We have our own Chakat universe which has many technological aspects from Star Trek(no point in reinventing the wheel) but chakats currently don't exist in the Star Trek universe.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Awesome. Then, it is an original concept, although you didn't personally create it. Your character is certainly interesting, and well-written.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Tsukiyumi wrote:Awesome. Then, it is an original concept, although you didn't personally create it. Your character is certainly interesting, and well-written.
Thank you. I have been developing hir for almost two years, given hir a backstory and given hir a personality based on my own. In a way shi and I are the same person. does that make sense or am I sounding crazy?
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Of course not. All of my best characters share at least some, if not most aspects of my personality. The only way any writer can create a good character is to write one that they can understand. Motives, moods, responses, those all have to come from yourself, even if you have to draw upon negative, or unwanted facets of your own soul.