VOY: The Gift

Voyager
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: VOY: The Gift

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Nutso wrote:
GrahamKennedy wrote:I vaguely recall they referred to it by some techno-name... "Dermal coating" or some damn thing, rather than just calling them clothes.

Of course we did see her skin once, and she does have normal Human-looking skin underneath it. So there's little justification for it being anything technobabblish.
Was any reason given for those spine breaker high-heels?
Um... they made her ass look good? :)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

As a card carrying ass man I'd like to categorically state that her ass needs no help.
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Post by Lazar »

Now this is a topic I can get behind.

"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Nutso wrote:Was any reason given for those spine breaker high-heels?
To make me continue to watch VOY in order to keep pondering what those heels would feel like on my spine?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

And you learn something new every day. Not always something you'd like to know, but something every day.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Hey - I shoot straight. Take the message, discard it, whatever.
as Bull offed Custer
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Cpl Kendall wrote:And what? Promoting the guy is just a band-aid solution to the problem that there isn't anything else for the guy to do. What other responsibilities is the guy going to get? What prospects are there for him?

The answer of course is nothing. The guy hasn't a hope in hell of advancing unless they get home or through attrition. That's the result of being stuck 70 years from home and none of the senior officers dying.
It's prety much the same for everybody on Voyager.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Seven's left arm and left eye are prosthesis right? I think its a nice touch in the middle of a mediocre show, they should have done the same with Picard after The Best of Both Worlds, i don't know why they didn't, it would shown some scars from the (probably) most traumatic event on his life, something we never saw until FC.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I think the disparity between Picard's recovery and Seven's was fine. Picard was treated by one of the finest doctors in the fleet aboard the most well-equipped ship, while Seven was treated by an EMH. Seven was also a Borg a lot longer than Picard.
as Bull offed Custer
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Mikey wrote:Picard was treated by one of the finest doctors in the fleet aboard the most well-equipped ship, while Seven was treated by an EMH.
Ok i guess I never saw it in that way.
But if the borg take everybody's arm and eye why didn't they took Picard's arm and eye? OOU because the producers/writers didn't want to have a captain armless and eyeless, IU i can't imagine a better expanation than the one given by you:
Mikey wrote:Seven was also a Borg a lot longer than Picard.
Then what, wasn't Locutus a "full" borg? In any case the producers should have done as they did with Seven, IMO of course.

Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

No, Locutus was the Borg's spokesperson to humanity, that's why, the queen wanted him to look like the rest of humanity so they would respect him as a spokesperson...
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Good point, Nick. In addition, they seemed to be willing to skip some of the assimilation process in order to put Locutus to work right away.
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

SomosFuga wrote:
Mikey wrote:Seven was also a Borg a lot longer than Picard.
Then what, wasn't Locutus a "full" borg? In any case the producers should have done as they did with Seven, IMO of course.
It could also be that, since wasn't as with the Borg as long, his body/natural immune system was less dependent on Borg Technology.
Nickswitz wrote:No, Locutus was the Borg's spokesperson to humanity, that's why, the queen wanted him to look like the rest of humanity so they would respect him as a spokesperson...
"You wanted more than just another Borg Drone, you wanted a human being with a mind of his own who could bridge the gulf between Humanity and the Borg -- You wanted a Counterpart"
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Locutus was a spokesman. Seven was a drone.
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Nickswitz wrote:No, Locutus was the Borg's spokesperson to humanity, that's why, the queen wanted him to look like the rest of humanity so they would respect him as a spokesperson...
Ok, good point.