If you could expand one movie into a miniseries..........

The Original Series

IF you could expand one trek film into a miniseries.....

STMP
No votes
STWOK
22%
STSFS
No votes
STVH
No votes
STFF
No votes
STUC
28%
STG
6%
STFC
6%
STI
No votes
STN
39%

Total votes: 18
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

If you could expand one movie into a miniseries..........

Post by Granitehewer »

If you could expand one trek movie into a miniseries, what would it be and why?
Mine would be 'The Undiscovered Country' as loved the cold war paranoia,politique and conspiracies
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Well, most of them have just singular plots, so its quite hard. The only ones that could really be expanded are The Undiscovered Country, and Star Trek Nemesis. So it's pretty obvious that everyone would rather have The Undiscovered Country. :wink:
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I would love to see Nemesis as a mini-series. They could have explored the part about Worf's issues with the Romulans, which was only hinted at in the movie. And they could've had Riker command the Titan in the mini-series and made the story more elaborate then evil-clone seeks revenge on the world. There was potential but little of it showed, except the awesome battle scenes.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Yeah I voted Nemesis to. Mainly because I want to see more of the romulans and it would have been great to expand on that.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Cyd
Petty officer second class
Petty officer second class

Post by Cyd »

I would say the Wrath of Khan, with elements of The Search for Spock put in. Perhaps Khan would have a plan to destabilize Klingon/Federation relations by attacking a Klingon outpost with the genesis device. The Enterprise would be sent to investigate.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I go for Nemesis also, because I'm part of the minority who really liked it, and I think expanding it that way would give time to explore some deeper character issues - the lack of which exploration was one of the major knocks against the movie.

Besides, then we get to see more of that hot little Valdore and her hot little CO.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Generations - an expansion would a) allow for a more extensive Klingon involvement (i.e. get a Vor'cha or three in to avoid loosing an Enterprise to an obsolete heap of junk), and would have given a bigger budget for Kirk's last mission (i.e. don't let him be killed by a rusty bridge defending people we never see, have never heard of and never will).
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

My vote goes to ST-VI because that was a great story but it felt rushed in movie format, there was so much room for growth and even the series writers could have gotten it right.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Enkidu
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Enkidu »

I'll go for ST VI as well, as despite not been (in my opinion) the best ST film, that honour going to ST II, it seems like the most solid one, and probably the best paced, as if they had got the formula right. Though obviously they hadn't, as they followed it up with three duds and one on target.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Wrath of Khan was a great film, I'd love to see that made into a mini-series.
You may have to change things slightly, but it would be great.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

khaaaaaaaannn!!!
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:lol:

See? That film even had the most memorable dialogue!
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

I beg to differ

"If you prick, do we not bleed, if you tickle us, do we not laugh, if you wrong us, shall we not revenge"

"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!"

:)
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Okay, it has the most memorable dialogue of a Trek film. :P
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Rochey wrote:Okay, it has the most memorable dialogue written specifically for a Trek film. :P
Fixed it for you. :P