Species of the week: Vulcans

The Original Series
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Species of the week: Vulcans

Post by Teaos »

From my favorite species last week to my most hated.

Originally from the Beta quadrant and mother race to the Romulans also the first official species to make first contact with Earth.

The racial trait of telepathy annoys me to no end as does there super human like power. Super strong with exceptional hearing and smell with a cool logical nature and a very long life span. They are what most would consider superior to humans in most every way physically and mentally but I would honestly rather make sweet passionate love to a cheese grater than be in a room with one let alone be one.

One of the only things I liked about Enterprise is the way they showed Vulcans to be controlling and scared of humanity. I can't remember the exact quote but it was something like "Humans have achieved more in the last hundred years than Vulcans did in a thousand, imagine what they will do in another hundred"

There has not been a single Vulcan character in trek which I have liked.

Thoughts? Come on Rochey you know you are going to disagree with me.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Teaos, you may want to sit down for this:

I also hate them..... :shock:

Bloody arrogant space elves with an ego the size of the Death Star...
Last edited by Sionnach Glic on Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

God damn it Rochey havent you read the unofficial rules of DITL guide book.

"Section 12 artical 4 line 7, Rochey must always disagree with what ever Teaos syas regardless of what it is"

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Okay, okay.

I disagree with you on this:
There has not been a single Vulcan character in trek which I have liked.
Spcok > all.

End of debate. :wink:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Well Spock is the best of them but he still cucks. And he is only half Vulcan. His humand side is what makes him bearable.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

While I agree with you both (boy, that feels weird to say!) about how amazingly annoying they are, I believe the species works as an element of the 'Trek universe. While I dislike the idea of one particular race having all the abilities that Vulcans do, at least those abilities for the most part have been explained from an in-universe viewpoint. In other words, they are far stronger than humans - Vulcan has higher gravity. We all know the history given for the reign of logic in the Vulcan psyche. Etc., etc.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I like the fact that although they think their being emotionless is an advantage and makes them better than humans its humanitys use of their emotions that pushs them foward to surpase the Vulcans.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

True - that's why the Vulcans don't bother me as much as they could. Because, as you said, despite all their superiorities, they are aware that they will (or have, depending on which series) take a back seat to humanity.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Indeed, that they're not the strongest race in the quadrant is one redeeming feature at least.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

mikey,my brother,i knew you'd like the vulcans, the 'live long and prosper' hand gesture is rabbinical :o just teasing, but it is like a rabbinical gesture isn't it?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Most rabbis I've met aren't quite that logical...
as Bull offed Custer
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

lol i was laughing with an orthodox guy, on the train last week, he was teaching me to pronounce certain words and found my musings on pronounciation hysterical,i wish people like that were politicians
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Vulcans ripped off Elves from the Lord of the Rings.

Though Spock is cool. And true, only because he's half human.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Spock's struggle between his human and Vulcan half was interesting.

Of course, he finally realized in TMP that logic wasn't the be-all, end-all of things. I do love that for all their 'superior traits', humanity's emotions, passions and gut instincts make them the ones in front.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Ha everyone rips off Lord of the Rings. I'd be more suprised if mthey didn't. All we need now are orcs.