Crossover: The Reality Bomb

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Crossover: The Reality Bomb

Post by Monroe »

"My life for Aiur!" Zanitav declared, "I will go with the assault team."

Xan shrugged an unusual reaction for him. While he'd love to go with the inflitration team he knew that although he fights best in close cooridors he's not incredibly stealthy. "I will destroy on the team you think I should be on." He didn't mind really which team he was on.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Primal held his hand up. "I volunteer for the distraction team. I can provide more precise air cover with my jets and weaponry."

Rhinox reached behind his back. there was a click before he pulled out his two chain guns. "I think Huron and i will make quite the team."

Primal sighed and looked to Cain. "I can brief you on the battle bridge's operations. You can command the ship from the new chair, but I'd suggest you use some crew."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

(I'm guessing we're in the shuttlebay or on comms. When I know for sure I'll erase this part of the post.)

Dothude grunted as he held a new armour plate onto Huron-Fel. "I should join the Infiltration team. Few here could match my stealth."

Huron-Fel groaned through his vox. "A single assault team is far to risky young warriors. I believe that I am too slow and to visible to move on a fluid battle field."

Dothude laughed lightly. "Visible, Big One, is a very under spoken voice for you." Relaxing from his work after sealing the final armoured plate in place. "How do you feel?" Stepping backwards too avoid the machines system checks Dothude watched with an almost joyful mindset. He had fixed his own ship before but it was never a living thing.

Huron-Fel stretched and reached. Twisting every joint and fiber bundle in perfect start up order. "All of my systems read in order. My repairs are complete." Walking over to the group of warriors discussing the battle to come. "Listen to one who has the wisdom of age." Turning down his vox as he by mistake had drawn the attention of the whole shuttle bay. "Should we enter any enemy hold with the thought too make way with their belongings. One team should be quiet and the other loud. Multiple angles of attack from without and from within. The Emperor Himself used such tactics in battle. I should know as I was there."
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Primal sighed and looked to Cain. "I can brief you on the battle bridge's operations. You can command the ship from the new chair, but I'd suggest you use some crew."
"I think I'll mostly leave the running of the ship to the crew." Cain replied. "They've far more experience with starship combat than I, and what little I do know on the subject seems inapropriate for this ship's capabilities."
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Primal nodded. "Trust them, Cain. They're good people." he turned to the rest as they stood around him in the shuttle bay. "Cain and Jurgen will be on the ship distracting Anubis and buying time. Phebes, Huron-Fel, Zanitav, Xan, Rhinox, Ashok, Kallen and i will assault the base while Iceman, Dietrich, Dothude, Jack Bauer and Roland infiltrate to retrieve the naquadah and naquadriah."

He looked to Master Chief, Arawden and Belgarion. "Now, for you three... any ideas?"

A large wall-mounted viewscreen lit up, displaying the schematics of Anubis' base. Rhinox walked up to it and crossed his arms. "Looks like we've got some studying to do."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Arawden listened quietly to the large beast/machine begin to outline his plan. "Now, for you three... any ideas?" the thing said. As near as Arawden could tell, it was some form of wraithlord - artificial, but animated by some spirit. It was far more independent, sapient even, than any creation of a spiritseer that Arawden had ever seen, though.

The tactical science of a Waaagh, thought Arawden. An infiltration team of mon-keigh, plus that large armored Kroot-man, he reflected ironically, careful to conceal his thoughts from the Astartes librarian and the Protoss. They might as well send an announcement. "I believe my ability to remain undetected in an infiltration team may be compromised by the mon- by, these others," he said in response. "In addition, there would be little room to employ long-range fire with such a unit. The assault team, however, would benefit from the use of a sniper and scout." Arawden paused dramatically, as if about to deliver some grave announcement. "Arawden, the Arghenfilir, will accompany the assault team and provide such abilities." He paused again, seeming to think that his agreement was cause for general celebration.

Instead, the only response he received was a general lack of interest. Ashok's thoughts pushed into his mind, These are seasoned warriors all, ranger. Don't expect them to grovel or kowtow that you deign to assist. They will laud you when you perform on the field of battle, not before. Arawden bent to inspect some nebulous feature of his rifle.

"Thank you, Arawden," said the one called Optimus Primal graciously. Surely his waystone contained the soul of an autarch.

Finally, the other beast/machine spoke. "Looks like we've got some studying to do."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Huron-Fel laughed at the Eldar. His vox speakers rumbling. "I would rather leave an Eldar too painting then war. Ever more so since even his own people found him unwanted for combat." His tone of the word Eldar was more fitting to that of a child's name.

"We need also compare our weapons to figure what will serve best and where. The Eldar will of course have to be far from the battle." Huron-Fel grumbled a slight laugh more. "And the Astartes will be at the front of any battle where we belong."

Dothude stepped forward. First because he had what he counted a good plan. Second, he was worried that the Big One was picking a fight with the very Little One. "I, Dothude will go to the planet and scout the enemy. When I return, we can discuss a plan of attack."
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

After the plan was finalized Commisar Cain arrived at the bridge. "Sir, we will be dropping out of Transdimensional Space in three... two... one..." The helms officer said taking a deep breath. The twisting vortex of colors before them shifted far into the red spectrum and then a whirl of stars as the warp engines groaned trying to take over to reduce the speed from above Warp 10.

The ship lurched heavily as it dropped into the new universe creating a subspace shockwave that rippled across the entire cluster of Galaxies and sending a massive shockwave in real space which pushed the Ha'taks a good 300 kilometers causing all kinds of alarms and klaxons to turn on.

"Sir it appears our intelligence might have been flawed." The sensors officer reported.

Ahead six Ha'tak, not the four that Q had assured them lay ahead. "I'm reading a battalion strength force of Jaffa on the ground around a village. Plus nearly fifty Kull warriors. Less ground forces than Q predicted but more air cover... sir we are recieving a transmission."

A visual transmission appeared. A human male looked distainfully at Primus in the background while a Jaffa stood in the forground addressing the team, "Behold, the great God Zipacna. Messenger God of the all powerful Anubis." The First Prime of Zipacna told Cain.

Cain stood up and walked towards the view screen. He hoped his plan would work.

Meanwhile the data for the location of the mine and Pyramid were downloaded into Primus and Heron-Fel to make any last minute changes to the battle plan.

The location of known Kull highlighted in purple and the pyramid shielding blocking all reading into the massive structure. A strange ring transportation device magnitude on the actual map to make it easier to find. The entire map was about 5 KM by 5 KM but the extensive mining shafts and underground works of the Pyramid extended far beyond that.

The transporter chief who had set up a station in the cargo bay turned to Primus, "Sir where do you want to be beamed in? And where should we beam the infiltration team to?"
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

"Fortunately, what you would rather do is of little consequence," Arawden muttered in response to the dreadnought. "Typical mon-keigh thinking - brute force, and nothing else. No subtlety. As young and puerile as your race is, it's surprising you made it even this far. If your tactical puissance was so great, you wouldn't have been killed to be so ensconced in that machine. As to the disposition of our team: the human Marines should indeed go in front; flanked and supported by the Protoss, the beast/machines, and the human known as 'Master Chief.' The cyborg and the machine piloted by the one known as 'Kallen' should be used as mobile support, ready to cover any gaps and to explot any opportunities, as they have the greatest combination of mobility and firepower. I will find a vantage point from which to engage high-value targets.

"Of course, the dreadnought - who, to hear himself speak one would think is the equivalent of Khaine himself in waging war - had no such tactical offerings." Arawden once again retreated to an area of relative solitude.

***********************************************************************************************

Jack Bauer had barely heard the footfalls behind him in the corridor when he heard the voice in his head. You are troubled, Mr. Bauer. It was a statement rather than a question.

Jack spun to see the Space Marine librarian surprisingly close. Ashok was clad in a simple replicated red and black habit rather than his massive armor, with the ever-present shroud worn over his head, yet still possessed considerable bulk. Jack was somewhat unnerved by the fact of a man of such size moving so quietly, but then figured that it wasn't that odd for an hallucination.

"This is no dream, Jack Bauer," Ashok said quietly.

"Really?!" Jack asked in exasperation. "Then why aren't you just as freaked-out as I am?!"

"Because I have experience of phenomena similar in nature, if smaller in degree. I live with things every day which to you would seem like 'wizardry' or the supernatural."

"Really." Jack was nonplussed. "I guess I'm just so small-minded that I don't even belong here."

"On the contrary," Ashok replied. "In fact, I have sought you ought because you and I have much in common."

"Do tell," Jack said skeptically. Then, on a sudden tangent he observed, "You're wearing a different pattern of colors. Why?"

Ashok was a bit surprised by the observation but answered, "These are the colors of the Angels Sanguine."

"Your... regiment?"

"Chapter," Ashok corrected him. "My armor bears the colors of the Deathwatch - selected Space Marines who are seconded from their chapters to perform special operations for the Ordo Xenos - the institution which combats the threat of the alien in our society."

"I guess I understand," Jack said plainly. "I've been pulled for... special duties from my former positions." The pair had been walking as they spoke, and eventually reached a lounge or mess hall of some sort. The few Starfleet personnel who were present gave them a wide berth, and they sat at an isolated table.

"Indeed - as I said, we have much in common. The 'special duties' to which you refer - many think of you as a warrior, a killer; yet the core of what you do is the gathering of information, is it not?" Jack looked up sharply at the hulking figure. How was it possible that someone so... alien to what he knew was the only person to understand that fact? Ashok continued, "We librarians are rightly regarded as fearsome fighters, but that is not our essence. We are called librarians for a reason. We are etnrusted with the gathering, preservation, and communication of information - both battlefield intelligence and the history and cultures of our chapters."

Jack continued to peer at the shaded face across from him. "There's something else we have in common, isn't there?" he asked. "I don't need any magic powers to tell that your service has taken something from you."

Ashok stared at Bauer for a moment, his eyes two embers in the shadow of his hood. His tone crew cold as he said, "It has, Jack Bauer. I have lost myself - my soul, if you will - in combat. I have turned into something which I didn't recognize. And it may happen again at any time." Ashok sighed and straightened. "Enough of that, for now. Let us just say that I'm glad that you won't be within my line of sight on our upcoming mission."

Jack didn't know how to take that, but heard enough in Ashok's voice to let the matter drop. A thought brought on by Ashok's mood struck him and he asked bluntly, "I don't suppose the same people who expect you to do the job they've given you judge you for it?"

Ashok laughed humorlessly. "My Deathwatch comrades are drawn from all different chapters. I am invariably judged for the... traits which are the same ones which allow me to perform as well as I do. You see, Jack Bauer - we do indeed understand much of each other." In a rare moment of unguardedness, Ashok pushed the hood back from his head to hang across his shoulders. Jack saw a bald head spiderwebbed with many fine scars, and a row of four gleaming golden studs riveted into the Space marine's forehead.

"What are those?" Jack asked in surprise.

"Service studs," came the answer. "They commemorate my length of service."

"Like stripes. Bolted right in there, huh?" Jack laughed ruefully.

Ashok answered with no hint of humor. "A Space Marine is created to ignore pain, and to recover quickly form injuries you would consider either incapacitating or deadly. Having a service stud implanted for us is no more troubling than you getting your ear pierced."

"Really." Jack whistled. "So... 12 years in?" he asked.

Ashok laughed, good-naturedly this time. "No, Jack Bauer. Each stud represents a century of service. I have been a Marine of the Angels Sanguine for 425 years."

After everything they'd discussed, the thought of either hallucination or sarcasm didn't even cross Jack's mind.
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Primal's combat computer whirred into action. "Beam me into midair," he told the transporter operator. "Prime jets, on!" he shouted. Twin boosters popped out of his back. He looked to Kallen and her large mech. "Kallen, fly down into the atmosphere and take up a position above the camp for air cover and to take out any heavy artillery positions." He activated his internal comlink. "Cain, lay the slag on Zipacna thick, but if they lock weapons, send those Ha'taks to Unicron himself. Use saucer separation if you have to and rely on the crew. I handpicked your bridge crew."

He turned to the rest and his double-barreled blaster cannon slid out of his left forearm. "There are hills where a sniper would be quite ideal for you, Arawden. As for the rest of the assault team... go with Primus," he said before looking to the infiltration team. "Your datapads will have images of the materials we need, but not much else. You'll be beamed onto the outside of the pyramid with a warhead sufficient to breach the outer wall. Good luck... to all of you."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Huron-Fel laughed even harder at the Eldar. "Almost clever isn't it..." Dothude wasn't sure which 'it' the Big One was talking about. "Loud and rough is the point little creature. We WANT the locals to come running too us. Besides, the tactic has worked well enough so far. Care to take a guess how many of your kind I've sent to the afterlife with my subtlety?" Huron-Fel walked over to the massive transporter to be used for him. His vox speakers still booming with humor.

Dothude walked next to Huron-Fel. "Not much honor between your kinds is there?" Dothude was speaking between Humans and Eldar.

Huron-Fel stopped on the transporter pad. "No my young friend. There is no Honor, as you say, between Humans and Eldar. They are an old race. But, they have fallen. Their own ways have left them weak and twisted. They wish others to bow to them, yet they can't follow their own advise. They see themselves as masters of the galaxy yet my Emperor is the one who rules the stars."

Dothude laughed. "You know Big One! The humans of my home act much the same way. They are the younger race yet like to think that the galaxy should belong too them."

Huron-Fel's laugh died out. Hearing how humans were the lesser in someone's galaxy wasn't an easy thing to take in. Truth was truth though. As the Emperor's will, it was his place to bring and recieve enlightenment. Not to like it. "Then Little One, we have much to teach each other. And much more to teach the little Eldar..."

The two laughed together once more.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Zanitav walked up to the Dreadnought and aliens speaking. "Seems in nearly every universe the humans act the same. My race was colonizing the stars before humanity even evolved. Yet they think they can take whatever worlds they wish and strip them to the bone with no respect for the natural order of things. No wonder the scourge of my Galaxy, the Zerg, find them such easy prey. Huron-Fel, your universe might have humanity as the top but I am sorry to inform you that in mine they merely become infested by these Zergs and then the Protoss Fleet must burn the planet to halt the infestation." Zanitav looked over Dothude and the Elder. Though all three of them had slightly different cultures they all seemed to fit the same niche in their respective universes. And he suspected all three faced a grave threat from humanity, even if he would never admit it about his own universe, and that scared him. "Perhaps your return will bestow some knowledge in respect for your Elders." The pun lost on the language of the Khala which was translated via the comm badges they were all given.

Xan walked up to the group and poked Huron-Fel in the leg joint causing the venerable brother of war to turn towards the cyborg. "First cyborg to reach a hundred kills wins."

"Win what Xenos?"

"Human. I originated as a human. And win the contest... unless you don't think you can kill a hundred Jaffa before I?"

Zanitav laughed slightly, "You're weapons are designed for close combat much like mine.. what makes you think you can win?"

"I am the Alpha and the Omega." Xan replied as if that answered all the questions. "Give the word Primus. Let the match begin." He adjusted his shock rifle, which he had spent the last several hours making extensive modifications to take off the Tournament 'safety' protocols which limited its destructive power. Now it was properly enhanced.

-Remain Star Trek-
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

"I'll ask again, Admiral," he spat the last almost as an insult; Jack had seen her records. This woman had cost the lives of a lot of good people through her stupidity, " How did you send the signal?"

Janeway smirked, raising an eyebrow, " I've read your file, Mister Bauer. You won't torture me. You have a reputation for cruelty to your adversaries, but you've never once physically tortured a woman."

Jack barked a short laugh, rubbing his temples, "Ma'am, with due respect, you didn't read far enough. I'm not going to torture you."

Janeway blinked, then half-grinned at Jack, " I knew you'd see reason. My people "

Jack cut her off, " Your people are our people now, ma'am. And, I said I'm not going to torture you." he gestured toward one of the high-ranking pajama-clad men who had tried to retake the ship, "I'm going to blow him out of the airlock..."

Jack motioned to Roland, who shoved the man into the airlock with unnerving ease, then sealed and vented the small bay without question. The pajama-clad man vanished from view in a silent white whoosh of atmosphere. " Lieutenant Barnes was the last of your loyal staff, ma'am. Cooperate now, and I promise that you won't have to walk home." Jack's face was a mask of indifference. Janeway scrutinized him, calmly walking toward the airlock herself.

" Fine, Mister Bauer. If you want another death on your conscience, kill me the way you did Lieutenant Barnes." She deliberately stared Jack down, but he saw the fear behind the sham of her resolve, and smirked to himself. He really couldn't get away from this job.

" Roland, if you please?" Jack's smirk outlived Janeway's stare; her eyes widened fearfully as the gunslinger effortlessly tossed her into the airlock, and sealed the door behind her. Roland said he'd learned the controls from talking to the computer. Jack had yet to visit the quarters assigned to him.

" Sorry, ma'am." Roland seemed worn down, as if he'd marched a lot of people to their deaths before this. Jack made a mental note to ask the gunslinger how this all seemed so normal to him as soon as they had a moment to speak.

"Don't do this. We brought you here to help us all." Janeway pled through the comm. She sounded desperate.

Jack shrugged, and tapped on the window, " Ma'am, I certainly never asked to be brought here, and I don't think any of them did either." He turned his back to the porthole, and made a small gesture at Roland. The gunslinger nodded; they'd worked this out beforehand. Roland started the airlock cycle.

Janeway pounded on the hatch, " OKAY! I'LL TELL YOU!!"

Jack made a knifing gesture at his throat, and Roland punched a number of keys on the console

"Computer, re-route sensor feed from airlock 10-B to the bridge," Jack paused as the computer chirped. The organic-machine face of Optimus Primal appeared on the corridor's viewscreen.

Primal nodded after seeing the recordings, " Thank you, Jack Bauer. I'm sorry it came to that " Jack could tell the machine-beast was as upset as he was over the method used. Okay, Jack thought, nodding his head, this is real. This is no hallucination... I'm here for a reason.

" I request you and Roland's presence on Deck One as soon as possible. We're planning the assault, and I'd like to explain your role in more detail." The machine/beast said. Jack nodded, and glanced at Roland. The gunslinger nodded back, and made a rolling "get-on-with-it" gesture with his left hand.

Jack chuckled, shaking his head, " You first, my strange friend."

Roland shook his head in return, and headed down the hallway at a brisk pace. He called over his shoulder, " I think it's safe, Jack. I'd rather not go alone."
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

While the others were making their preparation, Cain was busy trying to buy them all the time he could manage.

"I am Commissar Ciaphas Cain." He announced, hiding his disgust at the self-proclaimed god with decades of practice. "I have been sent here by my superiors to open negotiations with your master."

"Negotiations?" The heretic repeated. "Of what kind?"

"Of a possible alliance between our two peoples. And a possible exchange of technologies that could benefit us both."

"And who do you represent?" Zipacna asked.

"I represent the Imperium of Man." Cain answered calmly, deciding that simply saying what was true would be easier than making crap up on the fly.

"I am not aware of this Imperium." Zipacna replied.

"Our borders are still expanding." Cain said, glancing to the side of the viewscreen where a couple of red-shirted officers were monitoring the status of the two other teams. One looked up and shook his head - they still hadn't beamed down yet. Frak, Cain mentaly swore and continued talking. "Recently we have come into contact with planets bordering your master's empire. We heard much about the might of the great Anubis, and realised that making an enemy of him would be a foolish move."

"I see your masters are wise." Zipacna commented, nodding. "An alliance would surely be more profitable than war." One of the red-shirts gestured to Cain that the assault team was ready to beam down on his mark.

"Quite right." The commissar replied. "Given the current galactic situation, a war between our two peoples would be unwise."

"The current galactic situation?" Zipacna asked.

"I am reffering to what you call the 'Replicators'" Cain answered him. He was quite pleased with how this was going, the heretic was taking the conversation to exactly the rehearsed lines Cain wanted. "I am sure you've dealt with them before."

"We have indeed." Zipacna replied. "What of them?"

"My masters have developed a weapon. A new type of weapon that can destroy Replicators with little difficulty. We have tested them recently and found that they work exactly as expected." Zipacna was certainly interested now. "My masters would be willing to share the plans for these weapons, in exchange for certain items we believe you have."

"And just what items would these be?" The heretic asked suspiciously.

"I've been informed that this facility is mining large quantities of the substance 'naquadah'." Cain said, pronouncing the odd material carefully. "The manufacturing process for our weapons requires naquadah. Our own planets are not very rich in this resource, so we would like to trade some of our weapons for supplies of naquadah."

"Naquadah? Hmm." Zipacna mused, his face carefully not giving anything away. "Is that all you require?"

"Not precisely." Cain answered. Here's where things would get tricky. "We've heard that you have access to a device known as a ZPM."

"You want a ZPM?" Zipacna asked incredulously. "That will not happen, regardless of what you have to offer in exchange."

"Oh." Cain said, dissapointed but not surprised. "Well, it was good talking to you then. Cut communications." He ordered, turning away from the viewscreen as it deactivated. "Fire weapons on our pre-prepared targets and inform the teams that they can depart when ready."
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

After saying a brief prayer and hastily arming himself, Ashok met his battle-brothers and the rest of the assault team in a cargo bay of the Federation ship. Apparently, they needed to use a cargo transporter, as the ship's personnel transporters couldn't handle Huron-Fel's bulk. Picking up on the dreadnought's residual annoyance at the Eldar, he spoke to the venerable brother's mind. I agree that he is merely a xeno, brother, and a particularly annoying one at that. However, the Emperor has seen fit to grant him to our cause as a tool to use. The Eldar see fit to try and manipulate humanity to their own ends; why should we not also do so? He might yet serve our purpose. Do you worry about the personality of your power claw, or get discomfited by your lascannon? A mechanical grumble was Huron-Fel's only response.

Ashok looked around him darkly as the team arranged itself on the transporter pad. That the piloted mechanism and one of the beast-machines had already used the device did nothing to improve his assessment of the situation. He was far too new - relatively speaking - in the service of the Angels Sanguine to earn terminator armor, and the Deathwatch did not bestow the crux terminatus; so he had no experience with teleporters. He had been through the webway infinity circuit of an Eldar craftworld, but he was led to believe that the device he was about to use was purely technological with no dabbling in the Immaterium at all. He was doubtful.

Arawden looked on, his face unreadable behind the mask of his helmet. He had re-painted the symbol on the forehead of his helm, which glyph to any onlookers from 21st-century Earth would have resembled nothing so much as a Japanese torii. Finally, the main force of the assault team stood ready on the dais and the Starfleet serf said, "Energizing." White spots danced before Ashok's eyes before his vision faded to white.

As suddenly, his vision returned and he was rewarded with a view of the landscape. His mind, disciplined as it was against the Warp, recovered immediately from the transport and he fell easily into a fighting stance as he took in his surroundings. A number of small structures rose to his right and the road ran on before him, hemmed on both sides by small grassy hillocks. To his left was the dreadnought and beyond him the Iron Snake apothecary, his bolter coupled magnetically to his chest plate and his tall sea-lance addressed. The remainder of the team appeared behind and somewhat to the left of the Astartes in a support position. He circled out to his right and slightly ahead of the line, placing himself at the dreadnought's 2 o'clock. A couple of black-armored humanoids began to move towards Ashok; he read little more sapience from them than from a servitor - some sort of warrior-drones, he guessed. Bright blue St. Elmo's fire crackled from both ends of his force staff as he brandished it in front of him and his eyes glowed a dull red.

Arawden stepped onto the now-empty transporter pad; it seemed less efficient for the traveller than Iyanden's webway portals, but it held no discomfort for him. "The hilltop we discussed, yes?" he confirmed with the transporter operator; then, he felt a vague sense of dissociation as his body was transported.

Rematerializing on top of the indicated hillock, he immediately crouched into the longish grass. Looking around, he found a barely-suitable thicket of low shrubs on the ledge of the hilltop overlooking the road he'd seen on the tactical display. He stood to make his way toward the brush, but two black-armored figures on the opposite side of the hill noticed his motion and began to head towards him. He dropped into the grass, concealed as his camo-cloak took on the shade of the ground cover, and rolled so as to change his position without revealing himself.

As the black warriors converged on his previous spot, he stood, drew, and fired his shuriken pistol in one fluid motion. The black warriors - "Kull," Arawden remembered them being called - were halted in their tracks by the hail of missiles from the high rate of fire of the gun. A handful of the razor-sharp discs found their way into the armpit and elbow joints of the first Kull Warrior, forcing him to stagger backward; the second's armor was proof against the shuriken - a number lodged in his armor, but he soon resumed his trudging pace toward Arawden. The second warrior raised his right arm and fired a brief salvo of energy bursts toward the Eldar.

Arawden easily avoided the clumsy shots with typical Eldar agility as he circled the pair, but his second barrage still affected the Kull Warriors little. Coming around behind the duo, he was presented with the back of the first warrior as he rose from where he'd stumbled; a well-placed shot from Arawden's shuriken pistol sent a disc through the back of the warrior's knee joint, forcing him prone - immobile, but still able to fire an off-target barrage from his own energy weapon.

Reaching out with his mind, Arawden found the thoughts of Optimus Primal and Kellen, the pilot of the small flying Titan. Gritting his teeth unconsciously, he said silently, Under attack by Kull Warriors. My sidearm is slow to deal with their armor. Assistance would be... appreciated.
as Bull offed Custer