Crossover OOC Discussion

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Crossover OOC Discussion

Post by Monroe »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Monroe wrote:McCarthy is shaping up to be a pretty good NPC. Too bad he had to listen to Janeway for so many years. Probably strained his sanity lol.

When do you guys think we should discover there's Replicators onboard?
Also did Xan go with the boarding team? He would have wanted to.
Mikey and I were planning on finding them when we got back, maybe there is one lurking in the corner of the hanger or something. Though Phebes pretty much destroyed the shuttle during the boarding action.
Okay cool. I'll let you guys take care of that then.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

So, the human form Replicators are made of the same stuff as the spiders? As in, their completely mechanical?

Just trying to work out Phebes reaction to them, things like that are outlawed in the IoM IIRC.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

They're made of the same stuff, but they seem to be immune to kinetic attacks as well as energy...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That's probably just due to their far greater mass.They're made of the same stuff, so there's no reason they should be different.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Rochey wrote:That's probably just due to their far greater mass.They're made of the same stuff, so there's no reason they should be different.
Same stuff but smaller parts.
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

No, I mean bullets literally pass right through them. I guess because of greater control of said parts.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Tsukiyumi wrote:No, I mean bullets literally pass right through them. I guess because of greater control of said parts.
Ah I gotcha. Well for balance sake let's say that 20th century bullets do because they're relatively slow. The kind of ammunition we're bound to be throwing at it is too fast that it might be able to let a few pass through it but can't keep up the rate of fire.

-Remain Star Trek-
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Or, we could find the "Replicator disruptor" schematics in the database, and Primal and Rhinox could whip a few up. Or a mix of both: find the tech after the battle is on.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Or, we could find the "Replicator disruptor" schematics in the database, and Primal and Rhinox could whip a few up. Or a mix of both: find the tech after the battle is on.
Oh I got an idea. We could use the psychic potential of one of the Ur-Quan's talking pets to disrupt the subspace communication between the little guys.

-Remain Star Trek-
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Dude. Having a Dinyari on board is way worse than Replicators.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Dude. Having a Dinyari on board is way worse than Replicators.

hmm yeah you're probably right.

-Remain Star Trek-
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I vote the replicator disruptor. Proven technology, there.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I vote the replicator disruptor. Proven technology, there.
We're a tad short on Ancient databases though and that piece of technology wasn't discovered at the time we took the Asgarde ship since we attacked an Anubis world.

-Remain Star Trek-
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Oh I got it. The Ultimate Evassor can have the side effect of disrupting the bond between Replicator pieces.

-Remain Star Trek-
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Monroe wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I vote the replicator disruptor. Proven technology, there.
We're a tad short on Ancient databases though and that piece of technology wasn't discovered at the time we took the Asgarde ship since we attacked an Anubis world.
Whoops, my bad. :oops:

What's an Ultimate Evassor? That thing Fwiffo's gonna give us?