Re: Trek/Wars crossover

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

The Daleks... with the Skrulls! :laughroll:
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Nickswitz wrote:That actually sounds like fun, get rid of their weapons, and they have to think their way out the situation rather than fight their way out.
The problem is that you haven't named the situation. So saying you have to think your way out of something without any reason to do so. Because if the Q are there then there might not be a reason or way out.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

what I was thinking, was that we could create a new RP, where everyone could have their charecter from any universe....they would be transported into a new universe of somekind, we'd have to work together to figure out a way home....defeating the little mystic alian species from this universe that seem to hold the key to home.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Like a dream team of hero characters... Fucking awsome.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

exactly, except they don't all have to even be super heroes...for example, say I choose Picard, and the E-E, then someone else chose Luke Skywalker, and then someone else choose Wolverine...then we could have Luke, and Wolvierine (along with the other hero's as the crew for the E-E
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I'm sticking with Huron-Fel... I like him... :twisted:
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Deepcrush wrote:I'm sticking with Huron-Fel... I like him... :twisted:

I don't know who that is.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

A Space Marine from the Death Guard who was placed into a Dreadnought Armor before the Horus Heresy. It was thought he died but for this I'm just placing that he wasn't killed but taken for this "Mission" (RP as it is).
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Deepcrush wrote:A Space Marine from the Death Guard who was placed into a Dreadnought Armor before the Horus Heresy. It was thought he died but for this I'm just placing that he wasn't killed but taken for this "Mission" (RP as it is).
None of this is ringing a bell...what franchise?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I asked my little brother who I should RP and he suggested Nicolas Cage's character in Con Air and I had a mental image of him trying to fly the E-E into a safe landing on the Las Vegas strip.. lol good image.

Aaaaannyyway, I haven't decided who yet. I do like the idea of the Dalek Reality Bomb since it seems to be something that would affect all universes. I guess we could have an array of bad guys and an array of good guys. Be cool to have Strogg from Quake there.

Maybe I'll do Fenix pre-dragoon and death state from Starcraft. Or I was also thinking Kyle Katarn from Star Wars. Or maybe something else... so many choices.

Should Q or the Tardis be the ship that pulls everyone together? I perfer the Tardis but I'm up for whatever.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Lt. Staplic wrote:
Deepcrush wrote:A Space Marine from the Death Guard who was placed into a Dreadnought Armor before the Horus Heresy. It was thought he died but for this I'm just placing that he wasn't killed but taken for this "Mission" (RP as it is).
I take it you haven't read our 40k RP?

And, I'll still be Jack Bauer.

Or Jas, from my work.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Lt. Staplic wrote:
Warhammer 40k :P

Okay I've gotten an idea.

During one of the new Dr. Who episodes these bad guys who look like giant salt shakers called the Daleks created something called a Reality Bomb. It breaks apart the subatomic super force holding all parts of the universe and all universes together. Its powered by several large planets and what not all spinning around it.

What if Dr. Who failed to stop it. All reality is ceasing to be and Q in the Star Trek universe has learned of this. The continium unable to stop it, for it existed in another universe outside of the Continium's power has decided to pull together a small group of heroes that they think have a possibility of halting the Reality Bomb and confining it to the main Dr. Who universe (Since they go to other verses often). However, parts of alien technology is needed.

Say a powerful Stargate's Ancient reactor last known in the System Lord Anubis' world surrounded by Kull and Jaffa. To power the device
An interdimentional gateway on Mars in DOOM in the year 2077 (Or maybe Halflife if more people are familiar with that). To send it into Dr. Who's universe.
Psychic energy only on the level of the God Emperor of Mankind in Warhammer 40k to channel the energy much like they do with warp. And because all anicent technology has a mental component the reactor can store this so we don't have to haul around the golden throne.
A technobable device from Star Trek's Federation outpost under attack by... someone to shoot the device.
The central part of a gavity well cluster only found in the Star Wars' maw cluster to create a big enough disturbance in space-time to fire the device into the Dr. Who universes by breaking down the universal walls- or whatever they're called.

Then you have a final battle against the Daleks and whatever allies they have to cease the Reality Bomb and reestablish the timeline on the proper Dr. Who timeline.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Sounds ok. We still need a thread for this in the RP section.
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Rochey wrote:So I'd say it'd go fine, but you'd probably need to work out how they all fit together so you don't end up with those "X beats Y" debates. Personaly, I'd go with weapons and shields strength being the same for ships of equivelant tonnage. IE, a turbolaser is the same strength as a phaser, which is the same strength as an nBSG cannon, etc.
I'd argue you can have a curbstomp, the key is to make the people interesting. I.e. a supership comes in, how does the region deal with the sudden change in power? Have a passing comment about the scale, but the key question becomes "what do we do now".

I.e. the Maquis find a UEF commander (from Supreme Commander). The Maquis suddenly get access to a large industrial base, the Cardassians have to deal with a suddenly much more dangerous Maquis, the Federation is watching the Maquis fight the Cardassians in fleet battles, but the Maquis are having to deal with the fact that the UEF wanted to control all humans, and even enslaved members of their own society.

Or Galactica and fleet find an ARM Commander (from Total Annihilation). He is a living breathing being, but all the troops are cloned and used as cannon fodder in several cases. Fun comment about the ARM commander noticing they need to make babies, and he offers a cloning rig intead to get the personnel faster, or just to create a few birthing mothers. Of course, the medical technology will help, but the fact that he considers most people to be expendable is not going to sit well.

There is a Star Trek/nBSG crossover where the Ent-D is much more powerful than Galactica, but the key is how the people deal with each other (and legal issues due to potential Prime Directive violations). Even the Star-fleet officer who was stuck in nBSG has trouble dealing with the ship's computer, let alone Data.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Sorry, this exploded and I skimmed a couple pages, so forgive me if I repeat something already covered.

#1 - I don't think the "vs." restriction should or would apply to RP scenarios; the idea was to keep it out of normal discussion and debate.

#2 - Deep - why not pick a current, "real" venerable dreadnought, like Bjorn or Autolochus?

#3 - Before I read Deep's selection, I was thinking of using a Salamanders terminator but I don't know if we want more than one char from any given universe.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer