Terran Empire.
35%

Total votes: 17
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Mirror War of the Week

Post by Deepcrush »

Q has decided to play with the timeline... who would have guessed right. Now Starfleet has to face its worst fears, itself. From the Mirror Universe the Terran Empire has gathered for an all out attack. The UFP Starfleet has been brought home by the Q and now every world has a portal to its mirror. Either side can cross at anytime. It is now a war between the UFP and its people vs the Terran Empire and its slaves.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Mirror War of the Week

Post by Mark »

Ahh, this will be a war to remember. I think the UFP will be in BIG trouble here. The Empire will have the initial advantage because it has been on a wartime footing......forever, and because they will have the edge in intelligence, having possession of USS Defiant. They will have all sorts of intelligence to use on where to strike, who to assainate, fleet yards, and strategic targets. I see the war itself hinging on where exactly Q created the crossover. If the Empire can capture Earth before the Federation can rally, it's all over. The other member worlds would be fighting a rear guard action.

If Earth isn't taken in the initial invasion momentum, Starfleet and the Federation would likely react alot like the USA after Pearl Harbor in WWII. They will have awoken a sleeping giant. It would take awhile, because at this point it would have been nearly a century since Starfleet has been in a full blown war. But once Starfleet is fully roused, watch out. This ain't the diplomats of TNG here. This would include a highly pi$$ed off James T. Kirk, leading the counter charge, the man who can do more damage on accident than most entire species can on purpose.

At this time, the industry of the Federation will become an advantage, as the Empire holds nothing back from the war effort. The Federation will be able to recoup it's losses more and more quickly.

I think this will become a war of the heart. Starfleet and the Federation will NEVER give up at this point. The courage and loyalty of the Federation will prevail over the fear and greed of the Empire. The Empire would begin to suffer from a division of purpose, and their moral would erode more quickly than that of the Federation. The slaves of the Empire would see the chance for freedom, and rise up as well. And THAT is what would end this war. The final battle would be James Kirk on mirror earth, kicking the hell out of the Emperor, getting his shirt ripped of course, forcing him to free all of those that he conqured to save his own life.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Thats a hell of a first reply! :lol:
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Deepcrush wrote:Thats a hell of a first reply! :lol:
Told you I was waiting patiently :mrgreen:
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The cross over portals are in each system but Q has pulled every SF ship back into its borders before he sealed them. First it will be a battle between systems. Then, the winner will hold those systems and strike out on a broad front.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I went with the Empire. The Empire is obviously better prepared to start a war; but there is no reason to think that the "real" UFP has any better industrial capacity than the Empire. In fact, for the finite period of a war, the Empire would probably do better in this regard - they are already tooled to build warships specifically, and don't have to worry about flagging input from worlds that may object to the war. Plus, you have crews and commanders who are not only jaded to the horrors of war and the cold-blooded decisions that must be made; rather, they revel in them.

I think the UFP's Starfleet would show true gallantry and courage, and make a real fight of it, but I pick the Empire for a hard-fought win.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Mark, looks like you've been shot down. :lol:

That makes one FOR THE EMPEROR!
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Deepcrush wrote:Mark, looks like you've been shot down. :lol:

That makes one FOR THE EMPEROR!
Naa....once exposed to the concept of freedom, the Empire would destroy itself. Mirror Vulcans for example would want the same thing that our Vulcans have, and be willing to fight for it. The only ones who would hate what we have would be the mirror terrans, and they would be overthrown by forces from both external and internal.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

In time, perhaps. But it's tough to see that definitely occurring during the finite course of the war.
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

What do you think mikey, about an revolt inside the Empire during the war?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Ummm... see above.

Definitely a possibility, but counting on it would be a very poor strategy for the Feds. Even if it were an eventuality, a war-footing Terran Empire would be able to lock everything down long enough for the war.
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

But the question is what would happen if the revolt started during the war?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

An Empire at war with an opponent who can actually fight back reasonably? They'd smack down a revolt so hard, the rebels' grandmothers would fall down.
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Oh, thats gotta hurt!

Has anyone thought about the IQ of the parties involved? The TE seems to have a lot of stupid people in it. Remember that they lost their will to fight pretty quickly when Spock took over.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Mikey wrote:Ummm... see above.

Definitely a possibility, but counting on it would be a very poor strategy for the Feds. Even if it were an eventuality, a war-footing Terran Empire would be able to lock everything down long enough for the war.
I doubt Starfleet would base any plans on that (but being Starfleet you never know :worried: )

The TE would need to be able to field enough resources to either wipe out the civilizations of the planets, or occupy and control them as well. Big advantage for the UFP....they DON'T conquer, they may seal off a system or something, but they'd be able to use those same forces in defense, and for counter attacks. Not to mention I always felt that the size of Starfleet was bigger than the Empire (the Empire always being in some conflict or other likely had a larger loss rate than SF). Granted, the TE's fleet is comprised of warships, but most exploration ships have some teeth, and could be quickly upgraded. I think that the advantage would be with the defenders after the initial momentim of the invasion stalled, who would let the attackers wear spend themselves "on the walls". Then launch likely a direct counter attack, giving Kirk the chance to rip his shirt, and make the Emporer cry for his mommie.