USS Exeter

The Original Series

What happened to USS Exeter

Give her a new Captain and crew, and send her back out?
85%
De-commission her?
No votes
Declare her a "grave site"?
8%
Other?
8%

Total votes: 13
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

USS Exeter

Post by Mark »

Just a thought, what do you suppose they did with the USS Exeter AFTER The Omega Glory? After all, her crew is dead, and the only survivor is her Captain who was just arrested on multiple charges. What would Starfleet do? Re-crew her and send her out under a new Captain? De-commission her? Declare her a "grave site"? I never heard mention of her again after this episode.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: USS Exeter

Post by Teaos »

Probaby re crew her. It would be a waste of a ship other wise.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Tow her back to port, clean her up and get a fresh crew. At this point there's around a dozen Starships in the fleet, that's not enough to waste one as a grave site.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

They can rebuild it. They have the technology.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:They can rebuild it. They have the technology.
Faster, stronger, better than before!

Dude, you know about the Six Million Dollar man but not the Soup Nazi?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Blackstar the Chakat wrote:They can rebuild it. They have the technology.
Faster, stronger, better than before!

Dude, you know about the Six Million Dollar man but not the Soup Nazi?
I learned about it after That 70's Show did one of their dream sketches based on it, so I learned more about it from my parents.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I'm of two minds. I see them wanting to make use of what they have, but Exter would be like a freaking haunted Ghost Ship. Starfleet Officers are well trained, but who would want to serve on her? That would be kind of spooky. I kind of feel like they would have decalred her a grave site or a memorial or something. After all, over 400 people died on that ship. That's just my thoughts. On a side note, I got the idea when I learned that somebody had created a web series about the re-crewed Exeter.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

Its sad yes but to waste one of your most powerful ships with Klingons around every corner, by doing that you potentially declare every other ship, colony, planet, asteroid base, etc a grave site. If a crewman dies in his/her room do you declare it off limits for ever, no you treat it with respect but you clean it up and make use of it.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mark wrote:I'm of two minds. I see them wanting to make use of what they have, but Exter would be like a freaking haunted Ghost Ship. Starfleet Officers are well trained, but who would want to serve on her? That would be kind of spooky. I kind of feel like they would have decalred her a grave site or a memorial or something. After all, over 400 people died on that ship. That's just my thoughts. On a side note, I got the idea when I learned that somebody had created a web series about the re-crewed Exeter.
Uh yeah. Better go ask all those WWII Navy Vets that served on re-commissioned battleships how much that matters, you know the ones that they salvaged from the bottom of Pearl Harbour?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

As long as the ghosts aren't violent and don't interfere with ship's duties I don't see a problem.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:As long as the ghosts aren't violent and don't interfere with ship's duties I don't see a problem.
Exactly. We know the ships have a chapel, put a memorial to the former crew in there and call it a day.
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

I guessing we believe in ghosts?
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

KuvahMagh wrote:I guessing we believe in ghosts?
One night I talked for four hours with Grandpa Parker and he's been dead for 5 years...so ya I think it's possible that there are ghosts.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

KuvahMagh wrote:I guessing we believe in ghosts?
Not me personaly. Blackstar up there obviously does though. I'm talking in the context of placating whatever nervous crew there are.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I would hope no one in Starfleet believed in ghosts.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.