Hand Phasers

The Next Generation
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Hand Phasers

Post by Mikey »

Remember, kids: guns don't kill people - Deepcrush does.
Blackstar the Chakat wrote:If bullets became mainstream in the UFP the borg would adapt
ACHTUNG! Zis topic is verboten!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The Borg adapting to bullets? Isnt this one of the Forbidden topics?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The Borg have never shown themselves to be able to block physical contact. Bullets, Worf's blades, Data's hands or even the odd beam falling on them.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Deepcrush wrote:The Borg have never shown themselves to be able to block physical contact. Bullets, Worf's blades, Data's hands or even the odd beam falling on them.
It may take longer but eventually they would adapt. And they have shown themselves to be able to block physical contact. Worf bounced of a sheild of their's one. Why they don't block it 24/7 is still a mystery though.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

They never seemed to adapt to 8472's physical attacks.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Teaos wrote:They never seemed to adapt to 8472's physical attacks.
8472 is unlike anything else they encountered before.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

A physical attack is a physical attack. They didnt adapt to it after several months so aparantly they couldnt.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

While 8472 may be from the Land of Goo, they're still physical creatures with normal physical claws. If Borg had KE shields, they should have adapted. They didn't. Ergo, they don't.
Plus, there's all those other instances that Borg failed to counter simple KE attacks. Would you like me to list them for you?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Perhaps the Borg can only adapt if they have assimilated the source of the weapon. They could adapt to Starfleets phasers because the assimilated that smallish section of the E-D.
If this is the case, then they couldn't adapt to 8472 because they coiuldn't assimilate them.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:
Deepcrush wrote:The Borg have never shown themselves to be able to block physical contact. Bullets, Worf's blades, Data's hands or even the odd beam falling on them.
It may take longer but eventually they would adapt. And they have shown themselves to be able to block physical contact. Worf bounced of a sheild of their's one. Why they don't block it 24/7 is still a mystery though.
Worf get zapped by a ship based Force Field. DUH! :P
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Except KE is all the same. There's no difference between me punching you, or me shooting you. It all works with KE. Therefore, they should have been able to adapt to KE simply by assimilating some other race.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Deepcrush wrote:
Blackstar the Chakat wrote:
Worf get zapped by a ship based Force Field. DUH! :P
Which proves they can repel physical contact. They just choose not to.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

1) No, it proves that their ships can throw up KE shields (Which we already know, given that torps are stopped by them).
It does not prove that Drones can project KE fields.

2) So you're saying that 8472 didn't matter enough for them to use KE shields against them? Or simple fists when they boarded the E-E in FC?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Maybe Chakat hasn't seen the show? It would be his fault then.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Deepcrush wrote:Maybe Chakat hasn't seen the show? It would be his fault then.
Says the guy who thought phaser arrays were a pair of emitters on tracks