The Forehead Episodes

Enterprise
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

The Forehead Episodes

Post by Monroe »

Personally I think they solved the mystery of the Klingon foreheads better than I could have. Which kind of irks me cause I think my imagination is pretty good and I know I wouldn't have came up with that theory.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

i thought it was a reasonable exlplanation
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I actually thought it was one of the best contrivances to cover bad continuity that Enterprise has done - even if they had used TOS Klingons from the outset, it made a very good arc on its own.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

It wasn't too bad at all. It did leave me with a few lingering questions... like how could Bashir possibly not know about this? It only happened 200 years ago to him, and it would be one of the biggest things in medical history. It's like a doctor today who had no idea what the black death was.

And what about the TMP foreheads? All non-Human, but all identical, and all different from the look used in STIII and beyond.

But hey, I can live with that. 90% of an explanation is better than nothing.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

GrahamKennedy wrote:But hey, I can live with that. 90% of an explanation is better than nothing.
My thoughts exactly. There are so many instances of "How could ______ not know about ________ before, it happened _________ years ago and effected ________ many people" that this one is almost forgiveable!
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

GrahamKennedy wrote:
And what about the TMP foreheads? All non-Human, but all identical, and all different from the look used in STIII and beyond.

Maybe it was a fake forehead. That's why they all looked the same. Or maybe it was the genetic material starting to go back to normal.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

GrahamKennedy wrote:It wasn't too bad at all. It did leave me with a few lingering questions... like how could Bashir possibly not know about this? It only happened 200 years ago to him, and it would be one of the biggest things in medical history. It's like a doctor today who had no idea what the black death was.
The solution they used was probably the only way that could realistically explain Bashir's apparent lack of knowledge. The Klingons changed as a gesult of genetic engineering. Bashir is genetically engineered. It's not difficult to believe that he was faking ignorance to avoid a discussion of a subject that he was far too familiar with.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

GrahamKennedy wrote:It wasn't too bad at all. It did leave me with a few lingering questions... like how could Bashir possibly not know about this? It only happened 200 years ago to him, and it would be one of the biggest things in medical history. It's like a doctor today who had no idea what the black death was.

But hey, I can live with that. 90% of an explanation is better than nothing.
Let's not forget Worf's comment in "Trials and Tribble-ations", where he said, "It is not something we talk about with outsiders."

Given that, it's probably even a taboo subject within the empire, so it's not like bashir would have known about the virus thing.
Go and read my fan fic "The Hansen Diaries"! And leave comments!
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Again, though, things leak out. It's a big galaxy, it seems like it would be a medical marvel. But again, it's a pretty clever solution compared to other things Trek has left hanging.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I like the idea of the movies Klingons having cosmetic surgery to give them normal heads. Just seems very funny to me.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

Bryan Moore wrote:Again, though, things leak out. It's a big galaxy, it seems like it would be a medical marvel. But again, it's a pretty clever solution compared to other things Trek has left hanging.
I'd say that Bashir DID know. Remember the hypothesis he raised?

"Genetical engineering? Mutagenic virus?"

Which are exactly the solution. I think he was hinting Worf
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I think he said those because they are the most likely causes.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.