My NX-class (thanks for the Picture Graham)

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

My NX-class (thanks for the Picture Graham)

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

Ship Class: NX/Enterprise-class, used interchangeably
Length: 278 meters long (150 meter long nacelles)
Width: 100 meters wide
Decks: 14
Armaments: 12 Mass Driver Cannons, six Laser Cannons, four nuclear torpedo tubes (24 missiles each)
Crew: 84 (12 Officers, 72 Crew), Evacuation Capacity 150, Marines or MACO contingent 24
Warp: cruising 4.5, max 5.9
Auxiliary Craft: Four Shuttlepods in Aft shuttlebay
Last edited by SuperSaiyaMan12 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: My NX-class (thanks for the Picture Graham)

Post by Aaron »

Why do you have more MACO's than crew?
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Cpl Kendall wrote:Why do you have more MACO's than crew?
Figured a MACO contingent would be higher than the crew.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

I like it. Larger Engineering and Engines proportionate to the rest of the ship when compared with later designs - as it should be in the early years of Warp Drive.

Hows the Mass Driver canon work?
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

kostmayer wrote:I like it. Larger Engineering and Engines proportionate to the rest of the ship when compared with later designs - as it should be in the early years of Warp Drive.

Hows the Mass Driver canon work?
They come out of ports on various sides of the ship. There are eight on the aft and starboard that rise out of the edge of the hull (four on top, four on bottom), two that are dropped out of the bottom of the engineering hull, and two that are 'rolled out' right on the front of the engineering hull. The Lasers, three on top, three on bottom, are where the phaser cannons be on a Constitution-class. Torpedo tubes are two on the bottom of the primary hull, and two under the shuttle bay.

The Mass Driver Cannons/Mass Accelerator Cannons, affectionaly called MAC Guns by their crews launch shells of depleted uranium at speeds of near c at an enemy. Depending on the barrel size (the Enterprise has 18 inch, the same as the IJN Yamato's gun size), it can inflict massive amount of damage. Also for shells are 'nuke shells', which are basically a shell with a nuclear warhead at the tip.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Now with windows and cannon.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote: Figured a MACO contingent would be higher than the crew.
Why would it? A vessel's on board Marines seldom number larger than the crew, unless this is a space-going assualt ship there really isn't a requirement for more than a platoon. Especially if your just using them for general security and shore parties. Frankly they take up space that can be better used for more crew, which will be required for damage control and a proper shift rotation. Looks like you've got barely enough crew to stand two watches, little downtime for the crew unless the automation extends to cleaning, routine maintenace and filling in for sick call.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Cpl Kendall wrote:
SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote: Figured a MACO contingent would be higher than the crew.
Why would it? A vessel's on board Marines seldom number larger than the crew, unless this is a space-going assualt ship there really isn't a requirement for more than a platoon. Especially if your just using them for general security and shore parties. Frankly they take up space that can be better used for more crew, which will be required for damage control and a proper shift rotation. Looks like you've got barely enough crew to stand two watches, little downtime for the crew unless the automation extends to cleaning, routine maintenace and filling in for sick call.
That better? Reduced it to 24.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

GrahamKennedy wrote:Image

Now with windows and cannon.
Thanks! This looks awesome! Could we have a front side view?
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote: That better? Reduced it to 24.
Assuming three sections of six men plus a six man HQ section, that's kosher. Easily commanded by a WO. Or a Lt, if you really want to push it.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Cpl Kendall wrote:
SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote: That better? Reduced it to 24.
Assuming three sections of six men plus a six man HQ section, that's kosher. Easily commanded by a WO. Or a Lt, if you really want to push it.
Yep. So how do you like the overall look, Kendall?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Assuming three sections of six men plus a six man HQ section, that's kosher. Easily commanded by a WO. Or a Lt, if you really want to push it.
Patience, my child...
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:
Yep. So how do you like the overall look, Kendall?
It's interesting, a nice bridge between TOS and earlier vessels. I rather like it, the inclusion of railguns and lasers on the same ship is a good idea.

Patience, my child...
I don't follow. :?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Assuming three sections of six men plus a six man HQ section, that's kosher. Easily commanded by a WO. Or a Lt, if you really want to push it.
Out of curiousity, how well would a six-man section work? I'd assume that it would cause problems if the fire-teams had to manouevre independently because of humans' tendency to work best in pairs.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Split the sections up into 3 groups of 2?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"