Things that Never Happen on Star Trek

Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Things that Never Happen on Star Trek

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Found this online...

20 Things that never happen in Star Trek

1) The Enterprise runs into a mysterious energy field of a type it has encountered several times before.
2) The Enterprise goes to visit a remote outpost of scientists, who are all perfectly alright.
3) Some of the crew visits the holodeck, and it works properly.
4) The crew of the Enterprise discovers a totally new life form, which later turns out to be a rather well-known old life form wearing a funny hat.
5) The crew of the Enterprise is struck by a mysterious plague, for which the only cure can be found in the well-stocked Enterprise sick-bay.
6) The Captain has to make a difficult decision about a less advanced people which ismade a great deal easier by the Starfleet Prime Directive.
7) The Enterprise successfully ferries an alien VIP from one place to another without a serious incident.
8) An enigmatic being composed of pure energy attempts to interface with the Enterprise's computer, only to find out that it has forgotten to bring the right leads.
9) A power surge on the Bridge is rapidly and correctly diagnosed as a faulty capacitor by the highly-trained and competent engineering staff.
10) The Enterprise is captured by a vastly superior alien intelligence which does not put them on trial.
11) The Enterprise is captured by a vastly inferior alien intelligence which they easily pacify by offering it some sweeties.
12) The Enterprise visits an earth-type planet called "Paradise" where everyone is happy all of the time. However, everything is soon revealed to be exactly what it seems.
13) A major Starfleet emergency breaks out near the Enterprise, but fortunately some other ships in the area are able to deal with it to everyone's satisfaction.
14) The Enterprise is involved in a bizarre time-warp experience which is in some way unconnected with the Late 20th Century.
15) Kirk (or Riker) falls in love with a woman on a planet he visits, and isn't tragically separated from her at the end of the episode.
16) Counsellor Troi states something other than the blindingly obvious.
17) The warp engines start playing up a bit, but seem to sort themselves out after a while without any intervention from boy genius Wesley Crusher .
18) Wesley Crusher gets beaten up by his classmates for being a smarmy git, and consequently has a go at making some friends of his own age for a change.
19) Spock (or Data) is fired from his high-ranking position for not being able to understand the most basic nuances of about one in three sentences that anyone says to him.
20) Most things that are new or in some way unexpected.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Things that Never Happen on Star Trek

Post by Mikey »

re: #18 -

Wesley DID make some friends his own age - all of whom were smarmy gits in their own right - but then ended up killing one and ratting out the rest.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Funny stuff, Graham. :)
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Heh, pretty good. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

So true!

I'd like to see the Enterprise come across a powerful Empire with a massive military and have a civilized conversation that leads to a new trading partner without incident.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Monroe wrote:So true!

I'd like to see the Enterprise come across a powerful Empire with a massive military and have a civilized conversation that leads to a new trading partner without incident.
That would be amazing. The things writers don't do.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

21) They get into a fight and don't lose shields.
22) There is more accurate scalings between ships.
23) Picard doesn't order hot Earl Grey Tea.
24) Kirk doesn't have to win a fight by getting his shirt ripped.
25) Archer wins a fight fair and square without getting too beaten up in the process.
26) Janeway get executed for criminal stupidity.
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

lol, I remember that! Awesome find, there.
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Mikey wrote:re: #18 -

Wesley DID make some friends his own age - all of whom were smarmy gits in their own right - but then ended up killing one and ratting out the rest.
hahahahahaha
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

4) The crew of the Enterprise discovers a totally new life form, which later turns out to be a rather well-known old life form wearing a funny hat.
So if I wore a funny hat, I could be a tribblehatodite. :hat:

BTW did anyone happen to notice that there is no way to do eight) using the number because it creates the emoticon 8).
Last edited by stitch626 on Thu May 29, 2008 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

8 )
8]
8}
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Of course you can do those as alternates, but there is no way to do a 6) 7) 8) thing without getting the emoticon.
Maybe some of us don't want to put a space between the number and the parenthesis. :P
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Click the 'Disable Smilies' button down the bottom of where you type in your post. Then you can do it. 8)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

And now I must hit my head against a wall for being so stupid. :oops:
Thank you Rochey.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

You're welcome/ :)