Serenity

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Serenity

Post by Bryan Moore »

Opinions?

All I'll say about it for now is that I've never had a movie draw such an emotional reaction out of me upon the first viewing.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I liked it. Thought it was pretty good. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Foxbat
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Foxbat »

I felt it was an excellent continuation of the Firefly story. I just hope they do more (movie, mini series, etc...)
"Nothing is more Airwolf than Airwolf!" http://www.ernestcline.com/spokenword/airwolf.htm
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, it would be nice to see more.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
DBS
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DBS »

Definitely. I had seen a couple of the episodes before (and was utterly confused...), but when I saw the movie I REALLY enjoyed it. I would definitely want to see the whole (albeit brief) series now! :D
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Jean-Luc Picard, quoting judge Aaron Satie
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Its a pity that they ended it when they did. It had some more potential left in it, IMO.
DBS
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DBS »

I agree, but I think it might be better to get out too early than too late. I'd rather leave a show with a lot of potential than grind it into dust :(
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, the last thing you want to do is keep the show going when it should have ended long ago. Still...
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I saw it in a theatre the first chance I got... and then made it the only movie I have ever pre-ordered on Amazon. I just couldn't bear the thought of going one day longer than I had to without having it. It ROCKS.

Hell, I imported the box set of the series from the USA because I wanted to be able to watch them in the right order. Did I mention that I love Firefly? Joss is god...I own the whole of Buffy on DVD, and am casting a beady eye on Angel too.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
The Wormhole
Ensign
Ensign

Post by The Wormhole »

I loved Firefly during its brief tenure on air. Serenity is a good movie on its own, but when you compare to Firefly, things get a bit iffy. Really, the stroylines Joss Whedon had in mind would have been better had they played out in the TV show. Cramming them all into a two hour movie made the movie seem plot-heavy. But still, it was a continuation of Firefly, which I was grateful for. And, box-office numbers be damned, it was one of 05's best movies. In fact, it's probably the first movie I saw on opening day.
Putting the manatee back in humanity.
DBS
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by DBS »

The Wormhole wrote:And, box-office numbers be damned, it was one of 05's best movies.
That wasn't very hard to do. That said, I agree that any firefly is better than none! :D

Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

In my opinion, Firefly did not have a bad episode. Sure, there's only a handful of episodes, but "Saved" may be the only one that would fall in below a *** rating for me.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I actually became familiar with Firefly by watching Serenity on pay-per-view, and I thank G-d that I did. The only issue I had with the film was the end - 'you've won, so I'll forget our polar-opposite world views, and help you fix your ship'? I mean, c'mon![/i]
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
celeritas
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by celeritas »

*****Spoiler!*****

i was not happy they killed wash. he was my favorite character. plastic dinosaurs and all.

*****End spoiler*****
The Wormhole
Ensign
Ensign

Post by The Wormhole »

celeritas wrote: he was my favorite character. plastic dinosaurs and all.
Wash playing with the plastic dinosaurs was awesome.

"'This land is a fertile land. We shall rule over it and call it This Land.'
'I think we souldld call it Your Grave.'
'Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal.'"
Putting the manatee back in humanity.