Bridge Commander, 23rd century

The Original Series

If Bridge Commander had done an expansion which now included the 23rd century, which decade would be

2250s
No votes
2260s
No votes
2270s
No votes
2280s
No votes
2290s
No votes

Total votes: 0
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Bridge Commander, 23rd century

Post by Meste17 »

If Bridge Commander had done an expansion which now included the 23rd century, which decade would be appropriate
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Bridge Commander, 23rd century

Post by McAvoy »

Well at least this poll requires thought behind it in which decade to be put in.

Like in the 2250's you could have the Constitution class as the Premier class, maybe even the Federation class, but then you could have older classes that predate the Connie. Could even put in TOS era versions of the Abrams verse ships in there. Then the 2260's would be full on Connie and her derivatives.

The 2270's would be a mix of old and new, TOS and MOV era ships. 2280's would be full on MOV with the Excelsior herself being the singular Excelsior class. 2290's would have the Excelsior class in numbers along with the E-B type plus Excelsior class type frigates and destroyers. Mixed in with other MOV era ships.

Plus the interior stuff would change from monocolor of the 2250's (The Cage) to the colorful bridges of TOS to TMP era uniforms and bridge. Then go to the similar but still different bridges but new TWOK uniforms and the progress to the ST6 type of bridges.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

McAvoy wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 3:42 pm Well at least this poll requires thought behind it in which decade to be put in.

Like in the 2250's you could have the Constitution class as the Premier class, maybe even the Federation class, but then you could have older classes that predate the Connie. Could even put in TOS era versions of the Abrams verse ships in there. Then the 2260's would be full on Connie and her derivatives.

The 2270's would be a mix of old and new, TOS and MOV era ships. 2280's would be full on MOV with the Excelsior herself being the singular Excelsior class. 2290's would have the Excelsior class in numbers along with the E-B type plus Excelsior class type frigates and destroyers. Mixed in with other MOV era ships.

Plus the interior stuff would change from monocolor of the 2250's (The Cage) to the colorful bridges of TOS to TMP era uniforms and bridge. Then go to the similar but still different bridges but new TWOK uniforms and the progress to the ST6 type of bridges.
Thanks! That's exactly the point. All I would need is which decade to put this in, I'll do the rest. :)
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

To be honest, any of them could be a reasonable choice, so it would depend on the storyline itself.

I loved Bridge Commander back in the day, though I was always more into "Skirmish" mode than full on storyline. But I would engage in multi-ship battles fairly often.

It would have been cool to see the game in a TOS-setting, with Connies, Mirandas, and eventually Excelsiors maybe.

And the Klingons, Romulans, and possibly Tholians or Gorn of that era.

I guess 2270's-2280's could be a good option, the with the various other powers recently back on the scene (or new to the scene).

Do you have any particular ideas for a storyline in mind at present?
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:05 pm To be honest, any of them could be a reasonable choice, so it would depend on the storyline itself.

I loved Bridge Commander back in the day, though I was always more into "Skirmish" mode than full on storyline. But I would engage in multi-ship battles fairly often.

It would have been cool to see the game in a TOS-setting, with Connies, Mirandas, and eventually Excelsiors maybe.

And the Klingons, Romulans, and possibly Tholians or Gorn of that era.

I guess 2270's-2280's could be a good option, the with the various other powers recently back on the scene (or new to the scene).

Do you have any particular ideas for a storyline in mind at present?
Something similar to the actual storyline, with a system exploding and us investigating, but with the Klingons as the enemy, not the Cardassians.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

So any ideas?

Even The Lost Era would be suitable. I just need a specific date. :)
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Why do you need a specific date? You got a meeting with a game developer soon?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"