Knight Rider (2008)

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Knight Rider (2008)

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Tonight will be the premier of the new Knight Rider backdoor pilot movie for a series to air later this year.

Wikipedia's article on it

This is going to be so cool! I'm too young to have lived through the original series, now a new series based off of it is being made! This must be what people felt like when watching the original series premier.

Just remember, it's not a remake, it's a spin-off. So don't go expecting it to be exactly like the original series. That causes most dissapointments with remakes and spin-offs.[/url]
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

NBC will also show it again on Feb. 23 if you miss it tonight.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I watched the original growing up, so I'm willing to give it a fair chance.

Plus, the Ford Shelby GT500KR Mustang is an awesome car.

I think Val Kilmer as the voice of KITT is an interesting move; I guess we'll just see how it plays out.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Enkidu
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Enkidu »

Did anyone ever see previous spin off Team Knight Rider? It was awful.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

The new KITT's information

I'm not sure how much of that is accurate since it isn't an official site/wiki. But most of it is reasonable and more then possible to do on-screen. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Enkidu wrote:Did anyone ever see previous spin off Team Knight Rider? It was awful.
Hopefully they learned their lesson with that one. Too many leads for a start, over-the-top story lines, looking like cheap James Bond rip-offs in each episode. Do I have that right? I've never seen it myself.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'm not really interested in watching it, and I probably don't even have the channel it's on (what is it, by the way?), but I just want to know one thing:
Is KITT's voice the same?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:I'm not really interested in watching it, and I probably don't even have the channel it's on (what is it, by the way?), but I just want to know one thing:
Is KITT's voice the same?
It's on NBC. And of coarse not. That would be silly. This show has the Knight Industries Three Thousand, the original series is the Knight Industries Two Thousand. This one is voiced by Val Kilmer. The Hoff does play Michal Knight though, which is a good idea IMO. I don't think the first KITT is to make an apperence in the movie. But who knows? Maybe it's going to be a suprise, or maybe he'll show up in the series, like for a season finale or for a significant episode(like 100!).
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

This movie was awesome! It had the best parts of the original series without the cheesy parts.

I'm sure the Nanites while not being as effect in protecting the car when the computer was off-line, are far more versatile with making minor repairs, transforming the car into 'attack mode' and the cool camouflage effect. Besides I'm betting the guy who built KITT wouldn't have been able to get ahold of two of the three scientists who built the Knight 2000's molecularly bonded shell. I'm sure fans of the original are gonna whine about it anyway.

I think this movie really shows the potential for the new Knight Rider series. I can't wait! I may even get around to writing this fanfic/fan film I've always wanted to do.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Enkidu
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Enkidu »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Enkidu wrote:Did anyone ever see previous spin off Team Knight Rider? It was awful.
Hopefully they learned their lesson with that one. Too many leads for a start, over-the-top story lines, looking like cheap James Bond rip-offs in each episode. Do I have that right? I've never seen it myself.
I only saw an ep and a half. One of those meetings of bad stories, terrible scripts, amateur level acting, and special effects that looked like they where done in someone's backyard with tonka toys and lighter fuel.

The new pilot: How did Val Kilmer pull off KITT's voice?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

I thought he did well, and it works with this KITT's looks
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Was disappointed they moved on from Talking Watches to Ear Pieces (when are we getting watch phones?)

It was cheesy, but good cheesy. First the Bionic Woman, then this - maybe they'll do Airwolf next.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

They should re-do V. It hasn't aged well despite being a pretty cool show (through the eyes of a teen anyways). I watched it again a few years ago and thought "this is bloody terrible, time for a reboot."
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

kostmayer wrote:Was disappointed they moved on from Talking Watches to Ear Pieces (when are we getting watch phones?)

It was cheesy, but good cheesy. First the Bionic Woman, then this - maybe they'll do Airwolf next.
Well the ear piece is closer to a cell, and I think KITT showed that he can easily communicate on a cell phone. The earpiece probably optimized for communicating with KITT, interferance, weak signal issues, and interception problems may be reduced.

Talking watches is silly