YOU are hired to create ENT

Enterprise
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: YOU are hired to create ENT

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Mikey wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:Like Tsu's example of child molesters. Or rapests, or murderers, and these Vulcans the Vulcan government discriminated against were on par with these types of criminals as far as the Vulcans were concerned.
Tsu's example doesn't refer to prejudice; it refers to (righteous) vindictiveness and anger at an actual event. There is a difference. Making war with the Andorians may have benn able to be rationalized; lying and fabricating evidence can not be so justified by the Vulcan mindset that we had known previously. As far as the outlaw Vulcans, they were made into criminals because of the prejudice against them; not discriminated against because they were criminals.

And I still want to hear why they were silver.
Argent... :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Mikey wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:Like Tsu's example of child molesters. Or rapests, or murderers, and these Vulcans the Vulcan government discriminated against were on par with these types of criminals as far as the Vulcans were concerned.
Tsu's example doesn't refer to prejudice; it refers to (righteous) vindictiveness and anger at an actual event.
Then I suppose a more accurate analogy would be pedofiles then
lying and fabricating evidence can not be so justified by the Vulcan mindset that we had known previously.
Isn't it logical to shift blame away from one's self?
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
lying and fabricating evidence can not be so justified by the Vulcan mindset that we had known previously.
Isn't it logical to shift blame away from one's self?
Wouldn't it be more logical to accept blame for one's mistakes?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:From its general look?
How do you tell a spaceship from a starship from its general look?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Nacelles?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Teaos wrote:Nacelles?
There are no nacelles on the picture we saw of that ship.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Look for signs of visable FTL drives
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

GrahamKennedy wrote:
This is the S.S. Enterprise right? The one in TMP that had either ring nacelles or a rotating ring for gravity depending on your stance on canon?
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:Look for signs of visable FTL drives
Like what? The Cardies and the Klingon BoP have no visible signs of a warp drive yet are warp capable, neither did Dreadnought or the infamous Eyemorg space dildo.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
GrahamKennedy wrote:
This is the S.S. Enterprise right? The one in TMP that had either ring nacelles or a rotating ring for gravity depending on your stance on canon?
That one. The ring is of unknown function; frankly it looks to thin to be anything useful at all.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Like what? The Cardies and the Klingon BoP have no visible signs of a warp drive yet are warp capable, neither did Dreadnought or the infamous Eyemorg space dildo.
Actually the BoP Warp drive is right next to the Impulse Drive(I think it's the red one). And the Cardie warp drive is assumed to be in the wings.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Cpl Kendall wrote:
Actually the BoP Warp drive is right next to the Impulse Drive(I think it's the red one). And the Cardie warp drive is assumed to be in the wings.
Can anybody prove that any part of the ship we see on the rec deck in TMP is an FTL drive?
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

GrahamKennedy wrote:
That one. The ring is of unknown function; frankly it looks to thin to be anything useful at all.
This is the only decent image I could find:

The pic in TMP actually looks like an artists depiction, so I don't expect it to be very accurate but I agree it doesn't look large enough to be useful. Perhaps a proof-of-concept vessel demonstrating that they could make a vessel with artificial gravity?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

GrahamKennedy wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Cpl Kendall wrote:
Can anybody prove that any part of the ship we see on the rec deck in TMP is an FTL drive?
Well, we know Vulcan ships have those warp-rings so maybe the rec dec Enterprise was humanity's attemt to copy that at some point.

Hey, maybe if they do with TMP like they're doing with TOS they'll replace the original picture with the NX-01. Hopefully that won't be as big a deal as who shot first. :lol:
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

GrahamKennedy wrote:
Of course not, that's what I was trying to get across to Chakat. The FTL drives in Trek are so varied that the ring could be anything.
Actually the BoP Warp drive is right next to the Impulse Drive(I think it's the red one).
What, the big red/orange light on the ass? In TSS and TVH it didn't look any different at warp than at impulse. That's the point, it's not visibly noticable.
And the Cardie warp drive is assumed to be in the wings.
If you look at it though, you can't see anything indicating warp drive can you? There's a list a mile long of vessels like that in Trek:

Eyemorg dildo
First Federation ballship
TOS BoP
Orion pirate
Maquis Raider
Neelix's Scow

There's five off the top of my head, I'm sure there's a bunch on DITL or MA if I Cared enough to look.