What class would make Voyager if you could change it?

Voyager

What class would make Voyager if you could change it?

Intrepid
29%
Galaxy
7%
Sovereign
14%
Prometheus
No votes
Other
50%

Total votes: 14
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: What class would make Voyager if you could change it?

Post by alexmann »

Just ignore that bit. I apologise.
ImageImage
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

alexmann wrote:Just ignore that bit. I apologise.
Don't worry, we still love ya!!!

Now where is that smilie...

Ah here.
:hug:
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

alexmann wrote:I think I already have. So much for he'll be back.
Aww, I wanted to get to use my "what's a blackstar" post I've had saved for about 3 months. :P
Bite my shiny metal ass
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

GCS, though I would prefer the DS9 edition that doesn't explode if someone coughs near the warp core. This is because if I'm going to be in an area where I'm going to be operating for extended periods, in hostile space and where I never know what will come up. Something with better range, on board facilities and larger crew to handle "guests" is a prime deal to me.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

That's great if you know before going on the mission that you're going to run into some strange hyper-tech alien thingy that's going to launch you into West Buttfuck, AND you know beforehand that you're going to forget how to set a timer and just blow the thing up stranding you in West Buttfuck, AND you know that you're going to abandon your quest to get home in order to stop and smell every proverbial space-rose along the way.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Hell, I was just talking about working in the bad lands...

I wouldn't want to be there on my own in an Intrepid knowing I may run into a pack Galors or a squadron or two of Maquis Raiders.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:Hell, I was just talking about working in the bad lands...

I wouldn't want to be there on my own in an Intrepid knowing I may run into a pack Galors or a squadron or two of Maquis Raiders.
Would a GCS be able to maneuver the plasma storms, as well as track those little raiders, in the badlands? That's like choosing between a Lancaster and a Spitfire.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The GCS whole, maybe not but maybe so. Also her shields would be a hell of a lot stronger so it wouldn't be as much a risk. Its more like going through a typhoon in either a Destroyer or a Battleship.
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

Condan1993 wrote:
alexmann wrote:I think I already have. So much for he'll be back.
Aww, I wanted to get to use my "what's a blackstar" post I've had saved for about 3 months. :P
Go on then. Im not the best clued up, I just know the general bits.
ImageImage
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Ah, Blackstar, His stupidity has become the stuff of legend. In-fact, I joined a good while after he was banned and got back in and was promptly gotten rid of again.
This is what “Rochey”, now named something in Irish I am not going to attempt to spell correctly, But he's the guy with the 'Raptor' of some description as an avatar, told Tyrr.
Rochey wrote: He's our resident village idiot. Though he's currently been exiled against his will. His idiocy and inept debating skills are legendary amongst those of us who were here to witness it firsthand. His most famous thread is where he seriously argued that whales are an alien race from a different planet, who send communications back to their homeworld via subspace whalesong, or something.

He was eventualy banned after blatantly lying to one of the Kennedys, and pissed Graham off to the point where he just flatly called for the mods to vote on banning him (and Graham's normaly an extremely lenient guy). Needless to say, the vote was unanimous. After his banning, he then went onto Livejournal where he proceded to rant about us, called for an invasion of the forums (which never happened, shockingly) and attacked several members of the forum, including the one person who'd been backing him up through the whole affair.

Despite it being made quite clear that we don't like him, he still has some sort of obsession with getting back onto the forum. To date, he's made three attempts at signing back in, not including the various bitchy emails he sent Graham to try and get his account reactivated.

And that, class, is the history of the DITL anti-Christ.
From having read some of the old threads from when Blackstar was around, I understand he was a 'Ladypart'. In the RP's he often seems to have godmoded, did things to completely change the plots of RPs and complained whenever he couldn't get his own way, at one point threatening to hack the computer of one of the players. The theories he came out with and arguments he tried to present we're utterly stupid, two I've come across involve physic power stopping head bands that don't actually work but do because people think they do, and his argument over what being a jerk meant.

He also liked to pretend he was a member of a fictional hermaphrodite cat/human species and tried to make the forum refer to him using “correct” pronouns to reflect this. (e.g Shi instead of she or he), Which, if I had been around at the time, wouldn't have done.

Basically, a Jerk.
Bite my shiny metal ass
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

What is the defenition of jerk? :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
ImageImage
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

I'm imagining a Romulan Warbird instead of Voyager. Definitely a different mindset, it uses a singularity so anything can be fuel, and the cloaking device means they can have lots of fun with the Kazon.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

Their over there
There's nothing there
Port bow
Not there
Starboard Bow
Nope
There behind you!
ImageImage
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

That would be interesting. Probably more survivable as fuel is less of an issue.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

Do the romuland have replicators?
ImageImage