USS Daystrom sign in

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sounds good to me. :D
Just throw up a bio there, and I don't think Teaos would mind you jumping on. (we are in dire need of a CMO)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I think I might need one for myself once Commander Crystal over there gets done with me...
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

MetalHead wrote:
Thorin wrote:So what sort of control are we having other people's characters and the storyline? Obviously the Captain will decide the overall plot, but smaller (but not insignificant) details would need to be decided how much each character can change it. We can't kill/seriously mame/indefinitely put out of action other people's characters, obviously.
Agreed, but for one thing

Seriously mame. Dermal regeneration and surgical reconstruction will work just fine. We can mess people up as long as they are repaired haha.
That's maming. Seriously maming is chopping off both of someone's legs. You can't do that to someone else's character.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

Ok...

Name: Dr. Sarin Taal

Species: Joined Trill, 3rd host

Bio: After completing the Trill Initiate program and becoming the 3rd host for the Taal symbiant, joined starfleet medical. Graduated and worked as a medical assistant on the U.S.S. Galaxy. Applied for position of Cheif Medical officer on the USS Daystrom when the ship was commissioned.

i dont think ensign would be appropriate so i will go with Lt. Cmdr

How's that?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sounds good to me.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Lt(j.g.) Blackstar reporting for duty! Sorry I'm late sirs, I was surfing the web and I wiped out.

Bio:
Name: Blackstar
Species: Chakat
Background: Born in a parallel universe an accident sent hir ship into this universe. Seeing as shi couldn't replicate the accident shi felt it best to do what shi loved to do, fly starships. Shi joined Starfleet and despite hir attitude problem passed the academy and quickly became known as one of the best pilots ever produced. Shi is rated to fly most starships, shuttles and land-based vehicles. If shi wasn't so good shi would've been kicked out for hir attitude and occasional practical jokes. Shi also has a love for 20th century Earth stuff, and owns or replicates many things from that era including a number of weapons and vehicles. Shi has a fondess for using dynamite-loaded arrows.

Being the only Chakat has presented little trouble as they're a durable species having two sets of all hir vital organs, one in hir lowerbody and another in hir upper body. Shi is empathic to a limited degree but doesn't pry into a person without permission, but is still a good lie detector. The only real trouble is hir build, while shi can sit anywhere, and has a custom taur-form chair on the bridge, shi does have issues with jeffreys tubes. Hir larger size also takes up the equivalent of two humanoid patterns in a transporter. The only other problem is that shi can be too friendly and trusting.

Also NEVER refer to hir as 'it'. Shi'll ignore you for a week if you're lucky.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

LOL.. the multi-sexual pronouns are going to be fun :P
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

DarkOmen wrote:LOL.. the multi-sexual pronouns are going to be fun :P
Shi and hir are the proper pronouns but shi/I don't have a problem with female pronouns if that's easier for you.
DarkOmen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkOmen »

wasnt one of the characters in the New Frontier books a multi-sex species?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

DarkOmen wrote:wasnt one of the characters in the New Frontier books a multi-sex species?
Yes, Burgoyne 172, a Hermat. Started as Excaliber's cheif engineer and was promoted to first officer on the Excaliber-A. Our species aren't related.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I still need a security officer to lead 1st squad! Any takers!

*Comms Metalhead*
Report to my office. I have duties for you.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Lets see so you've got everything except engineering, counselor(if Akiras post those) and, for an Akira, the customary XO for the fighter squadron (the ship is a carrier after all).
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Ok guys I am making another thread for all official details so we can keep on using this one to hammer out the points.

Metalhead would you be willing to head up the fighter squadron wing?

WE NEED FIGHTERS! If someone can write up some comprehensive stats for them it would be great. I'd suggest using the DITL Perigene stats as the base line but modifie it to fit our needs for a fighter. Remember it's 2380 as well so the tech is a bit more advanced.

Also I am posting everyones official character bios and some made up ones for our OC's. If anyone wants someone to boss around thats bellow them like other people in engineering or the sickbay or other members of the tactical squad you are responcibal for your own OC's. IE The chief engineer writes up the engineer OC's and the CMO writes up the nurses. You can just have them as nameless nobodys like I will for science but if you want to make it personal go ahead.

Current crew just so everyone knows what we got

Captain
Second in command
Chief science officer CSO
Chief Medical officer CMO
Chief of security
Chief fo tactical
Chief of Engineering CEO
Chief of Opperations COO
Tactical crew memeber
Helm
Diplomate
Last edited by Teaos on Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Hello? I'm blue, not invisible! We also have a senior ops officer!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer