Dark Heresy: OOC Discussion/Dice Rolls...etc.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Dark Heresy: Sign In/Info

Post by Mikey »

I think we'll all live with a little time lag. I've got a question: I only have the base rules, but I'm considering void-born/Battlefleet Calixis. Any description for the homeworld traits "naval lineage skills, close-quarter fighter," and "officer on deck?"
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Tyyr wrote:Question I forgot to ask, is this going to be the usual forum style RP or are we going to try and do it all at the same time? If its the first I'm golden if its the second not so much.
No it'll be the usual style. The separate timezones would make it too hectic.

Mikey:

Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Been reading over the book, WH is pretty dark, isn't it?

I'm currently leaning towards tech-priest I think.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Lighthawk wrote:Been reading over the book, WH is pretty dark, isn't it?
Yeah it is, GRIMDARK!!!!! is kind of it's defining characteristic. Though if you get into the hobby enough it's also taking the piss on a lot of things.
I'm currently leaning towards tech-priest I think.
Excellent!
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Yeah it is, GRIMDARK!!!!! is kind of it's defining characteristic. Though if you get into the hobby enough it's also taking the piss on a lot of things.
I think I can get behind that :)
Excellent!
Good choice for the group is it?

I like the idea of a cyborg cult to a machine god, and getting all those implants sounds fun.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Lighthawk wrote:
Good choice for the group is it?

I like the idea of a cyborg cult to a machine god, and getting all those implants sounds fun.
Well, depending which path you take re: advances you could fabricate things from found parts, become a decent medicae, specialize in demolition, replace limbs. Any of that would be very useful. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if we lose at least one part during this, more if we go one longer then one mission.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Cpl Kendall wrote: Well, depending which path you take re: advances you could fabricate things from found parts, become a decent medicae, specialize in demolition, replace limbs. Any of that would be very useful. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if we lose at least one part during this, more if we go one longer then one mission.
Mmmm, demolitions...though if I'm going to be carrying around explosives, learning to replace limbs might not be a bad idea :)
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Techpriests are cool.

...1,000+ WH40K pics on my drive and not a single techpriest.... /shame

Wait! I have one, just one.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, if Lighthawk is going to take an AdMech role, I'll go for something else. Perhaps a medical role? I'll look over what types are available later.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote:Well, if Lighthawk is going to take an AdMech role, I'll go for something else. Perhaps a medical role? I'll look over what types are available later.
Adept has the Chirurgeon rank, which starts at 2000 xp. You can get three levels of Medicae and Talented (Medicae) as well.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Chirurgeon... I have a couple of those pics!

No but seriously, must read... stupid work getting in the way of goofing off.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Questions

1) Any objection to Phebia having been assigned the to Inquisitor? She didn't seek him out but her Order assigned her to the Inquisitor. The primary focus here is that while Phebia is all for busting heretic, xenos, and witch skulls her main goal is to prove her worth to her Order and become a full battle-sister. The details of her assignment aren't a big deal to me so much as the end result. So however she gets assigned is fine by me.

2) Would we need a pilot? I'd be willing to take the skills needed for it.

3) Any chance of ditching the standard laspistol for a revolver instead and using some of my cash on hand for a lascarbine? If I'm going to be part of the Dakka Dakka end of the equation something that goes bang with a little more authority than a laspistol would be nice.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Tyyr wrote:Questions

1) Any objection to Phebia having been assigned the to Inquisitor? She didn't seek him out but her Order assigned her to the Inquisitor. The primary focus here is that while Phebia is all for busting heretic, xenos, and witch skulls her main goal is to prove her worth to her Order and become a full battle-sister. The details of her assignment aren't a big deal to me so much as the end result. So however she gets assigned is fine by me.
Doesn't really matter I would think, usually Inquisitors find their own retinue so we can just say he saw something of value.
2) Would we need a pilot? I'd be willing to take the skills needed for it.
There was talk of Tsu taking Pilot but I'm not sure where he's at with it.
3) Any chance of ditching the standard laspistol for a revolver instead and using some of my cash on hand for a lascarbine? If I'm going to be part of the Dakka Dakka end of the equation something that goes bang with a little more authority than a laspistol would be nice.
I'll have to look at the specific skill rules for Battle Sister but you'd definitely have to take a SP Pistol skill. Honestly it's probably a waste if your looking to build her up to a flamer or melta chick.

Las weapons also reload faster then a revolver, which takes 2 full turns.

Edit: OK, yes you can use a Lascarbine and revolver without penalty or taking any additional talents/skills. That said, Laspistols do reload faster but stub ammo is plentiful, as opposed to las packs which are common. Your choice but I have no objection.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

If anyone needs the newer career options, PM me. Can't believe I didn't think of that before.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Doesn't really matter I would think, usually Inquisitors find their own retinue so we can just say he saw something of value.
Good deal.
There was talk of Tsu taking Pilot but I'm not sure where he's at with it.
I thought the discussion with Tsu was for a driver, I was meaning pilot. Either way, I'll be happy to drive if needed.
I'll have to look at the specific skill rules for Battle Sister but you'd definitely have to take a SP Pistol skill. Honestly it's probably a waste if your looking to build her up to a flamer or melta chick.
I used the online char sheet generator. I already took the SP Pistol skill, otherwise I would have doubled up on the Las Pistol skill since the Sororitas got the Las Pistol skill automatically and my only other option was SP Pistol.
Las weapons also reload faster then a revolver, which takes 2 full turns.
Oh I know. Not really going for the optimum here. I might have rethought it if you'd disallowed the carbine but since its just a back up gun I can live with a slow reload. I plan on eventually taking the quick reload feat anyways.
Edit: OK, yes you can use a Lascarbine and revolver without penalty or taking any additional talents/skills. That said, Laspistols do reload faster but stub ammo is plentiful, as opposed to las packs which are common. Your choice but I have no objection.
Great. I'll have two whole thrones to my name but the Emperor provides right?