The Original Series
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Make Your Own Movie Plot

Post by Aaron »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:
Not unlike the current, real one, eh? :P
:lol: That's why aliens don't stop here, the planet has intergalactic facial herpes in the form of humanity.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:lol:

Seriously, though, the only way you can destroy Earth is if you have a deus ex machina ready to bring it back. Otherwise the Federation falls into ruin.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Captain Picard's Hair wrote:
Not unlike the current, real one, eh? :P
:lol: That's why aliens don't stop here, the planet has intergalactic facial herpes in the form of humanity.
Then why do they only abduct the inbred bottom-feeders from East Buttf**k?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:
Then why do they only abduct the inbred bottom-feeders from East Buttf**k?
Why they want samples of genital herpes of course.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

If that were true, they'd only have to abduct Lindsay Lohan.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Tsukiyumi wrote:If that were true, they'd only have to abduct Lindsay Lohan.
Yeah but that would draw to much attention. No one cares about Hillbilly Willy, the media's all over her though.

Of course we could write her ramblings about aliens off as another drug/alcohol induced haze.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote: Trek producers gave us Data's death tempered by B-4. They don't seem to have the balls to pull off such a move, not since TOS.
You'd have thought so, but it must've take brass balls the size of gas giants to kill off Kirk, and they did it.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, too bad his death was crap.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Thorin wrote:
Captain Picard's Hair wrote: Trek producers gave us Data's death tempered by B-4. They don't seem to have the balls to pull off such a move, not since TOS.
You'd have thought so, but it must've take brass balls the size of gas giants to kill off Kirk, and they did it.
They might not have needed to be that big... Kirk was done as far as the Franchise was concerned. Better to have him die serving Starfleet rather than drooling oatmeal in a retirement home somewhere.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

My movie idea is very different. I would want to fill in the blanks in Star Trek history. And it would be three movies.

Movie one. Centered around the E-B. A lot of freedom for creativity. Then, at the end of the movie (or the beginning of the next... see movie two) the E-B gets destroyed (in a non-meaningless fassion, unlike the E-D).

Movie two. Centered around the launch and early years of the E-C. Could even include a Constellation class ship in the movie (like the construction of the Stargazer).

Movie three. The end of the E-C. Would start with them getting the distress call. They would go. They fight the Romulans for a little bit. Then, following Yesterday's Enterprise, the E-C disapears after being hit by a torpedo. A few seconds later, she reappears and fights again. She is destroyed, but not before the Romulans capture Yar and others. The movie would end with the clean-up and search for survivors at the colony.

With these three movies, a gap in the history of Trek would be filled. Of course, I would also keep Brannon and Braga in Antarctica to protect the movies from their curse. And if Paramount had any stupid suggestions, I'd tell them (as politly as possible) to shut up and practice dentistry on an alligator. And I would pay attention to previously established canon.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The E-C story would make an interesting movie.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

So kind of like the Lost Era which if I recall did a story with the E-B, not a bad idea if the people in charge cared and the story was unique.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

On a related note I think ST could easily pull of several straight to DVD movies like Stargate did. Doing little filler movies.

Like the little Romulan war that lead to the signing of the no cloaks treaty.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Teaos wrote:On a related note I think ST could easily pull of several straight to DVD movies like Stargate did. Doing little filler movies.

Like the little Romulan war that lead to the signing of the no cloaks treaty.
I always hated that kind of stuff. A lot of good series became far more inconsistant because of them. It's also rarer for those movies to be on TV and not everyone's going to risk 20 bucks on a DVD. That's why I prefer checking it out at a theater for 6 bucks first.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Unless your whole family goes and then its (in my case) $42.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.