Tech level of the Vulcans/Romulans

Enterprise
robjkay
Senior chief petty officer

Post by robjkay »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
robjkay wrote:
Yes we all know that in "Balance of Terror," the Romulans had cloaking devices (in the series Enterprise they messed it up being the Romulans did not have this technology at that time) but also there ships did have warp power! Maybe it was not powered the same way as Federation vessels, but the Romulans ships did have warp power to get to places. Being if there ships were not warp capable, they would not be able to get anywhere.
Where are you going with this? Mikey didn't say they lacked warp drive, indeed anyone who's watched the episode (and doesn't have an agenda) wouldn't claim that. Scotty's answer is commonly explained as the BoP having only a fusion reactor, which definetly fits with the ships constant shortage of power and short legs.
So if some makes a posting in this forum, they must have some sort of agenda? Sorry, I don't nor was I trying to go anywhere with it! I was just simply pointing out that the Romulan ship did have some sort of warp capability other then simple impulse power.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

robjkay wrote: So if some makes a posting in this forum, they must have some sort of agenda? Sorry, I don't nor was I trying to go anywhere with it! I was just simply pointing out that the Romulan ship did have some sort of warp capability other then simple impulse power.
I was speaking in general terms about the often claimed "Romulans only had impulse drive" tactic. And seeing as I was actually referring to people claiming that they did, it doesn't apply to you then does it?
robjkay

Post by robjkay »

Mikey wrote:Robjkay - before you get all bent... "simple impulse power" is not my invention, it's a QUOTE FROM THE EPISODE. Secondly, I specifically referenced "power generation" not "warp capability" in my post. If you want to argue with me, that's fine, but don't argue with me about something that I didn't say, or make up things and attrribute them to me in order to argue against them.
Mikey- before you get all bent... I am not trying to start an arguement, but it seems your trying to start one for some unknown reason.

Another thing yes I see that you were specifically referencing to "power generation" and I was (maybe you noticed) I was simply saying that the Romulan BOP also had warp power, I hope thats ok with you? If not, I really could care less!

Another thing, I was not saying you were trying to make things up or that you said something of which you did not say and then attribute them to you. Unless your feeling guilty about something being you have done those things from a previous posting of which has been pointed out which I had nothing to do with. If not, I don't see why you even brought it up.

Anyway Mickey, have a nice day!
Last edited by robjkay on Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Does anyone else have trouble understanding robjkay?
robjkay

Post by robjkay »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
robjkay wrote: So if some makes a posting in this forum, they must have some sort of agenda? Sorry, I don't nor was I trying to go anywhere with it! I was just simply pointing out that the Romulan ship did have some sort of warp capability other then simple impulse power.
I was speaking in general terms about the often claimed "Romulans only had impulse drive" tactic. And seeing as I was actually referring to people claiming that they did, it doesn't apply to you then does it?
In all actuality your reference should not have been made at all.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Reliant121 wrote:Does anyone else have trouble understanding robjkay?
Yes.

That's nice.
robjkay

Post by robjkay »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Reliant121 wrote:Does anyone else have trouble understanding robjkay?
Yes.

Me to, and I am the one who wrote it! :lol:
robjkay

Post by robjkay »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Reliant121 wrote:
That's nice.
Yes it is.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I know you are but what am I?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Rob - I'm not trying to start anythign with you... I don't know you well enough to dislike you. :wink: All I was trying to say is that the Romulans very obviously had warp drive - but per a quote from the ep, their power generation tech was very obviously inferior in Scotty's opinion to Fed, tech - and by extension, the contemporary powers in the A and B Q's.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Teaos wrote:I know you are but what am I?
I'm rubber, your glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you!
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I've always figured we could trust Scotty to not screw up on such an obvious thing, and that the 'simple impulse' comment referred to power generation instead of propulsion.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Exactly.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That seems the best conclusion. Unless the Romulans spent generations on each ship, then it'd be impossible for the Earth/Romulan War to happen at all.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Right. Scotty's quote was, "...simple impulse POWER." (My emphasis.)
as Bull offed Custer