Yet more Traviss BS

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

You've got a point about the diffinition of an attrocity. Okay still though, the Empire has destroyed maybe half a dozen planets? They're evil yes, but I feel like a big reason for a lot of the uprising hasnt' been addressed yet in a book.
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

Make no mistake, the Empire was evil. Alderaan was a non-military target and Tarkin destroyed it for fun, various slaveries of alien races, including Wookies, were enacted by the Empire, Caamas was bombarded into nothing by the Empire, and of course, Operation Shadow Hand in Dark Empire-around three dozen or so worlds were destroyed. Not to mention the millions of infants and children killed by Palpatine's inquisitors and such to stop any Jedi from rising up again...
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Monroe wrote:You've got a point about the diffinition of an attrocity. Okay still though, the Empire has destroyed maybe half a dozen planets? They're evil yes, but I feel like a big reason for a lot of the uprising hasnt' been addressed yet in a book.
I'm cynical like this too. I always wonder why (I haven't read the EU, so I can only go on the movies) for instance the Alderaan family risked everything working secretly against the Empire in the first place. When I'm really cynical I wonder if they were just pissed that other planets got the better star destroyer military contracts or something. ;)
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

Duskofdead wrote:
Monroe wrote:You've got a point about the diffinition of an attrocity. Okay still though, the Empire has destroyed maybe half a dozen planets? They're evil yes, but I feel like a big reason for a lot of the uprising hasnt' been addressed yet in a book.
I'm cynical like this too. I always wonder why (I haven't read the EU, so I can only go on the movies) for instance the Alderaan family risked everything working secretly against the Empire in the first place. When I'm really cynical I wonder if they were just pissed that other planets got the better star destroyer military contracts or something. ;)
Alderaan was one of the founding planets of the Republic, over 25,000 years ago in the Star Wars universe. It hold Democracy in the highest regard, so the population didn't like the Empire.
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:
Duskofdead wrote:
Alderaan was one of the founding planets of the Republic, over 25,000 years ago in the Star Wars universe. It hold Democracy in the highest regard, so the population didn't like the Empire.
Other worlds, too, I mean. Not everyone's beef with the empire was probably noble. It seemed like a lot of ne'er-do-wells joined up in the rebellion also.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I always thought the New republic was cooler than the Empire.

Alderaan? Complete evil. Right there, Tarkin showed how pure slime and how evil the Empire was.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, but you liked Enterprise. You clearly have no sense of taste. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Rochey wrote:
* 'accidentally' trips and splashes water on Rochey's mainframe while unplugging him*

Whoops... :lol:
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

* Hires really good mechanic to make sure Rochey is ok.*

Can't get rid of our only 2-star admiral, or whatever. :)
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Rochey wrote:
* 'accidentally' trips and splashes water on Rochey's mainframe while unplugging him*

Whoops... :lol:
Hahahahahahhah HAAAAAAAAA.

I like it.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

You would. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Ha! you cant destroy The almighty God-circuit that is Rochey! He has backups in several secret locations! You have merely destroyed one Incarnation of him!

*insert evil genius laugh here*
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Sorry, Reliant, but clumsy old NR-liking, ENT-defending 'accidentally' dod that to all his mainframes. Whoops! I don't know what to say. *PUts on gas mask as Rochey goes up in flames*

"Are you my Mummy?" :lol:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:lol:
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:
Duskofdead wrote:
Didn't Alderaan commit its own genocide on the indigenous peoples that lives there thousands of years ago? Or did the native Alderaanians just up and disappear?