Species of the week: Xindi

Enterprise
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well that's a....unique description. :lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

lol well you were going to be the calm mediators, but then i read your 'admiral' posts.........
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

So you switched me from 'calm mediator' to 'genocidal maniac'?
Sounds about right.... :wink:

Now, where did I park my Death Star?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

aah but if its manned by dubliners, i'd look in their equivalent of ten forward, before issuing any orders lol
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

If it was manned by Dubs', half the damn ship would be one huge bar! :lol:
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

back to the xindi..........i like the idea of a multiracial cooperative, perhaps them evolving on different planetoids and forming an alliance for other reasons etc, but sharing the same homeworld and such similar genetics reeks a little.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Well it still make more sense then the ENT cannon! :roll:
Not that it really takes much for that.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there at times 3 or even 4 Hommids few hundred thousand years ago at the same time? Homo Erectus and some others existed at the same time before modern man and Neandertal come about. I may be wrong on this one.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Rochey wrote:If it was manned by Dubs', half the damn ship would be one huge bar!
#1 - there's NOTHING wrong with that
#2 - at least it would beat the beatnik coffe house of Roddenberry's E-D bridge sketch
Monroe wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there at times 3 or even 4 Hommids few hundred thousand years ago at the same time? Homo Erectus and some others existed at the same time before modern man and Neandertal come about. I may be wrong on this one.
Yes, but advanced (such as, spacefaring) civilizations require planetwide space and resources. Those homonids weren't in direct competition with each other for every last drop of resources like the Xindi species would be.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

#1 - there's NOTHING wrong with that
Who said I objected to it? :wink:
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there at times 3 or even 4 Hommids few hundred thousand years ago at the same time? Homo Erectus and some others existed at the same time before modern man and Neandertal come about. I may be wrong on this one.
Yes, but the population levels were low and each race was more or less staying around their own areas. So there was no problem. If these races had evolved with us then we would have major problems.
Say that our race has 6 billion members. Now imagine three other races each with 6 billion members. Earth would be in quite a state.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I think the different types of hominids are like different types of dog breads today. Different but the same species and able to cross breed. Adventually they would merge into one species.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I liked the Xindi. And the name Xindi was mentioned once in TNG. Such a minor one-line mention that most people don't remember it.

It's possible, if it was a large planet, with as many as 5 continents(remember one species is aquatic) that were seperated long enough, it's plausable that a multi-species planet developed. Look at how different the native Australian animals are from animals in other parts of the world. If each continent had a unique ecosystem it's reasonable to assume that a multi-species planet is possible.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

but surely one xindi reached set stages of development eg boats, then there could have been strife, or at least cross-infections of assorted diseases........
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

And oce they reached an industrial level, they would be in direct competition for resources, if not for space itself.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

It's possible, if it was a large planet, with as many as 5 continents(remember one species is aquatic) that were seperated long enough, it's plausable that a multi-species planet developed.
There's nothing prohibiting the developement of multiple sapient creatures, but once they discover each other there will be trouble.
Look at things like the crusades, started over something as trivial a persons beliefs.
Then there was the conquest of Africa and South America, where anyone that wasn't white was deemed inferior. And these were members of the same species! Could you imagine the response if Colombus had been greeted by a talking insect?

It is unlikely, to say the least, that more than one or two of these races would ever survive to develope space travel.