So... what did you like about Enterprise?

Enterprise
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Teaos wrote:Compare it to the Constitution class and the Daedalus class.

Ideally it should look less advanced than the Daedalus and nothing like the far more advanced Constution.

But no it looks like a semi dummed down 2460's class ship.
What does the Daealus-class look like? Onscreen-note, onscreen-it was never shown. Just a model on Sisko's desk that was used for the encyclopedia-which occupies a nebulous qausi-canon area.

As for the Connie? Looks a lot sleeker, was a lot bigger and took a lot more punishment than the NX.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Onscreen-note, onscreen-it was never shown. Just a model on Sisko's desk that was used for the encyclopedia-which occupies a nebulous qausi-canon area.
The fact that it was on Sisko's desk means that it exists in universe.
As for the Connie? Looks a lot sleeker, was a lot bigger and took a lot more punishment than the NX.
Sleek? The only thing less sleek than the Connie is a brick.
Naturally it was bigger, the Federation had more resources. Shields also probably helped in keeping it in one piece as well.

The NX-01 looks like any other 24th century Trek ship. It should be blocky and bulky, with none of the stream lined designs.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I agree with you on the NX issue. It looks far to sleek and perfected.
I liked the Vulcan civil war. And the Andorian incidents. :lol: Especially Shran.
I Think the first series was bloody (Excuse me) awful. Poor plot lines, although the Suliban conflicts were ok.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Shran was about the only thing I liked about it.
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

I watched the pilot. Since I forgot it, I must conclude that it was forgettable. So, uh... I dunno?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I watched the pilot. Since I forgot it, I must conclude that it was forgettable. So, uh... I dunno?
I don't think it was forgettable. I think your brain just decided to pretend it had never seen it, to prevent brain damage.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

-The Xindi Arc
-NX class ships
-Vulcan Civil War
-Romulan Drone Ship
-Augments
-reason why Klingon foreheads looked smooth in TOS.
-IaMD
-Phlox: he was one of the very few characters who got development
-Archer being the first Starfleet captain with hair actually (No, everyone knows Janeway wore a wig).
-Twilight
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

JudgeKing wrote:-The Xindi Arc
-NX class ships
-Vulcan Civil War
-Romulan Drone Ship
-Augments
-reason why Klingon foreheads looked smooth in TOS.
-IaMD
-Phlox: he was one of the very few characters who got development
-Archer being the first Starfleet captain with hair actually (No, everyone knows Janeway wore a wig).
-Twilight
What? Janeway wore a wig? This is the most life changing thing since I learned that the North Pole is in San Francisco
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Wait she did?
Jordanis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Jordanis »

Rochey wrote:
I don't think it was forgettable. I think your brain just decided to pretend it had never seen it, to prevent brain damage.
That's also possible.
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

Monroe wrote:Wait she did?
It was an uncyclopedia joke. The Cpt. Archer article said he was the first captain with hair.
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Rochey wrote:
A shame, since it was pretty good.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, after season 3, it started getting better. But most of the stuff before that was just crap.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Rochey wrote:Well, after season 3, it started getting better. But most of the stuff before that was just crap.
And there was a lot that was good, too.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Do you mean before or after season 3?