Stupid Criminals

Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Mikey wrote:I thought that they weren't even married yet when she had JC.

And JC was pretty tight with Mary Magdalene - a hooker by trade.
I've argued with Christians who just flat deny that.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

But it's in the Bible, isn't it?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The Bible also has God commiting atrocities, and punishing people for laws which are extreme and make absolutely no sense (I believe there's one law about not wearing a certain type of fabric) which all get glossed over. A lot of fundies tend to be rather hypocritical when it comes to what they believe in.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

One more case to support my belief that faith =/= fundamentalism; in fact, fundamentalism often precludes true critical thinking about one's faith.
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Rochey wrote:I heard one before about a guy robbing a bank. He goes in with a gun and everything, and gets the cashier to hand over the money. Now, he apparently thought that that would be a great time to deposit that money into his savings acount, while he was still in there. No, that's not a give-away at all! :lol:
That's a pretty familiar one. Happens a lot, it seems.

I saw this on TV. A guy tried sliding down the air vent of a restaurant. Turns out, at the bottom, it split... and the guy landed hard. He stayed there all night and had to be cut out. His balls were... swollen, to say the least.
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

Mikey wrote:One more case to support my belief that faith =/= fundamentalism; in fact, fundamentalism often precludes true critical thinking about one's faith.
Yup. Very succinct and true.

Personally, even though I'm not religious, I LIKE the example set by a "god" who, in his mortal form, walked with lepers and prostitutes and tax collectors and all the most hated people of his time.

Problem is, I think if any such guy showed up today, organized Christianity would cooperate to off the guy. Much like what happened the first time. ;)
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Rochey wrote:I heard one before about a guy robbing a bank. He goes in with a gun and everything, and gets the cashier to hand over the money. Now, he apparently thought that that would be a great time to deposit that money into his savings acount, while he was still in there. No, that's not a give-away at all! :lol:

I saw this on TV. A guy tried sliding down the air vent of a restaurant. Turns out, at the bottom, it split... and the guy landed hard. He stayed there all night and had to be cut out. His balls were... swollen, to say the least.
Ow... deserved it. :D
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

stitch626 wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:

Ow... deserved it. :D
yeah. Almost gotta feel he served his sentence right there. :P
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

And JC was pretty tight with Mary Magdalene - a hooker by trade.
I believe the chuch has confirmed she wasnt a hooker.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Duskofdead
Captain
Captain

Post by Duskofdead »

To the very best of my knowledge there is some huffluff about how Mary Magdalene and the follower of Jesus who was a prostitute were two separate people or two different Magdalenes or something to that effect. But I argue with people and they make whatever fine distinction as if that changes the fact that Jesus ran around with the lowest of the low in contemporary Jewish society.

You'd think, if you listened to modern Christians, that Jesus would be white, upper middle class, shop at the Gap and have a country club membership, or play golf. They treat his image more like that of beloved politician than spiritual savior.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Didn't you know Jesus drove a Volvo?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Why a Volvo?
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Middle class car.

RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Teaos wrote:Middle class car.
I would've thought a BMW, actually.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Volvos are middle class now? I drive a GMC and a Pontiac - I must be frigging homeless or something.
as Bull offed Custer