USS-Daystrom Alpha mission

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

"WHAT KIND OF DREK IS GOING ON IN MY SHUTTLEBAY?!" boomed Sharkey, in the voice he normally reserved for speaking over artillery. He had just walked in to find Munro and a tech completing the installation of the AP mines and severing any link from the slave control station to the rest of the control system.

Munro slowly rose and turned to face the chief. "It is not your shuttlebay, chief," he said, emphasizing Sharkey's grade - rather than rank - "and I will tell you when this becomes your concern. I am operating under orders."

"And I have orders to make sure this bay is a safe place for personnel to land, take off, and repair ships. And that's what I'm gonna do." Sharkey began to walk past the Breen officer when Munro grabbed him.

"You will stand down, chief, and leave this bay until further directed by me."

"My hairy ass I will!" As Sharkey began to push his way out of Munro's grasp, Munro pushed back, to little effect. Sharkey managed to shoulder his way past the Breen, when Munro finally cuffed him with a backhand blow across his chin. Given his experience with humans, Munro was surprised when his blow was rewarded with only a slight turn of Sharkey's head. The human growled something unintelligible and landed a roundhouse punch on the chin of Munro's faceplate. There was no chin to actually connect with in that part of his helmet; however, Munro reflected that this human must have been unusually strong for his kind, as the Breen tumbled backwards.

Munro quickly regained his feet and produced a small sidearm from his e-suit. "I SAID stand down, Sharkey." Touching his comm badge, Munro continued, "get a detail down to aft shuttlebay. Mr. Sharkey is to be confined to quarters indefinitely." At least, if he didn't put the human in the brig, he wouldn't have to answer as to why he struck first.

Leaving the issue of Minnsky's intel in Grr'lek's capable paws, Mikey quickly communicated his plan to Retaal, who seemed eager to help - especially since she was the one who would be flying OUTSIDE the line of fire. Giving her a few minutes to prepare, Mikey paused to arm himself. He then encountered Rochey, while both were on their way to the shuttlebay.

"Commander," began Mikey, "I assume that the captain didn't have time to inform you that I am mounting a rescue mission for our captured crewmen."

"Excellent," replied Rochey. "Whitmere and Lane don't deserve that fate."

"I'm bringing back all three," replied Mikey evenly.

"Are you insane?" snapped Rochey. "We have an opportunity to be rid of that beast, and you're going to try and bring it back?! I thought you were more practical, W'trisk."

"Why does everybody keep saying that? Anyway, I thought you had more of a military mindset than that, Commander."

Rochey's eyes narrowed. "Explain yourself, W'trisk," he said slowly.

"A member of a crew who does wrong should be judged - and penalized, if it's found necessary - by that crew. If you were leading an assault team and one of your soldiers showed cowardice in battle, would you abandon him or would you administer justice yourself?"

"I would... judge him myself," answered Rochey thoughtfully.

"Of course you would. It's not the expedient thing to do, but it's what a real soldier would do. This case is no different."

"Are you sure your emotions aren't playing a part in this, W'trisk?" asked the commander.

"Of course they are," said Mikey. "But don't mistake me for a pinkskin. I may be passionate, but I have never been sentimental. I have a personal stake in this - my trust and confidence have been betrayed. That's why it's only fitting that I'm the one to bring her back, to be tried by our own people. Besides," said Mikey, leaning conspiratorially close to the Tholian, "don't you want to be on hand, to see justice done to Blackstar with your own - " Mikey peered at the Tholian's face for a moment to do a quick count - "two eyes?"

That was almost enough for Rochey. Mikey decided to play his last card, going from subtly playing Rochey's personality to appealing to open greed. "Besides, I might have a gift for you." Rochey cocked his head as Mikey continued, "Didn't you lose your pistol planetside? I understand that Federation phasers might be uncomfortable for the way your hands are contructed. I thought a Jem'Hadar phased polaron pistol might suit you better, and I happen to have one in my posession."

As the pair proceeded toward the shuttlebay, Rochey tipped his head toward Mikey. "Happy hunting, then," he said as they entered to find Sharkey being led out by a security team, as well as a satisified-looking Munro. Mikey stared at him for a second, and said, "I don't have time for this right now, lieutenant, but I had better get an explanation when I get back." IF I get back, thought Mikey. "Is that understood?!" Without waiting for a response, Mikey rounded on Rochey. "Keep him away from my gunny, OK?!"

Mikey begin warming up the Xindi craft as Retaal entered the shuttlebay. "Fire it up," he said to her, "and keep your comm open on my frequency. We're going to have to fine-tune this as we go."
Last edited by Mikey on Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

"WHAT KIND OF DREK IS GOING ON IN MY SHUTTLEBAY?!" boomed Sharkey, in the voice he normally reserved for speaking over artillery. He had just walked in to find Munro and a tech completing the installation of the AP mines and severing any link from the slave control station to the rest of the control system.

Munro slowly rose and turned to face the chief. "It is not your shuttlebay, chief," he said, emphasizing Sharkey's grade - rather than rank - "and I will tell you when this becomes your concern. I am operating under orders."

"And I have orders to make sure this bay is a safe place for personnel to land, take off, and repair ships. And that's what I'm gonna do." Sharkey began to walk past the Breen officer when Munro grabbed him.

"You will stand down, chief, and leave this bay until further directed by me."

"My hairy ass I will!" As Sharkey began to push his way out of Munro's grasp, Munro pushed back, to little effect. Sharkey managed to shoulder his way past the Breen, when Munro finally cuffed him with a backhand blow across his chin. Given his experience with humans, Munro was surprised when his blow was rewarded with only a slight turn of Sharkey's head. The human growled something unintelligible and landed a roundhouse punch on the chin of Munro's faceplate. There was no chin to actually connect with in that part of his helmet; however, Munro reflected that this human must have been unusually strong for his kind, as the Breen tumbled backwards.

Munro quickly regained his feet and produced a small sidearm from his e-suit. "I SAID stand down, Sharkey." Touching his comm badge, Munro continued, "get a detail down to aft shuttlebay. Mr. Sharkey is to be confined to quarters indefinitely." At least, if he didn't put the human in the brig, he wouldn't have to answer as to why he struck first.

Leaving the issue of Minnsky's intel in Grr'lek's capable paws, Mikey quickly communicated his plan to Retaal, who seemed eager to help - especially since she was the one who would be flying OUTSIDE the line of fire. Giving her a few minutes to prepare, Mikey paused to arm himself. He then encountered Rochey, while both were on their way to the shuttlebay.

"Commander," began Mikey, "I assume that the captain didn't have time to inform you that I am mounting a rescue mission for our captured crewmen."

"Excellent," replied Rochey. "Whitmere and Lane don't deserve that fate."

"I'm bringing back all three," replied Mikey evenly.

"Are you insane?" snapped Rochey. "We have an opportunity to be rid of that beast, and you're going to try and bring it back?! I thought you were more practical, W'trisk."

"Why does everybody keep saying that? Anyway, I thought you had more of a military mindset than that, Commander."

Rochey's eyes narrowed. "Explain yourself, W'trisk," he said slowly.

"A member of a crew who does wrong should be judged - and penalized, if it's found necessary - by that crew. If you were leading an assault team and one of your soldiers showed cowardice in battle, would you abandon him or would you administer justice yourself?"

"I would... judge him myself," answered Rochey thoughtfully.

"Of course you would. It's not the expedient thing to do, but it's what a real soldier would do. This case is no different."

"Are you sure your emotions aren't playing a part in this, W'trisk?" asked the commander.

"Of course they are," said Mikey. "But don't mistake me for a pinkskin. I may be passionate, but I have never been sentimental. I have a personal stake in this - my trust and confidence have been betrayed. That's why it's only fitting that I'm the one to bring hir back, to be tried by our own people. Besides," said Mikey, leaning conspiratorially close to the Tholian, "don't you want to be on hand, to see justice done to Blackstar with your own - " Mikey peered at the Tholian's face for a moment to do a quick count - "two eyes?"

That was almost enough for Rochey. Mikey decided to play his last card, changing from subtly playing Rochey's personality to appealing to open greed. "Besides, I might have a gift for you." Rochey cocked his head as Mikey continued, "Didn't you lose your pistol planetside? I understand that Federation phasers might be uncomfortable for the way your hands are contructed. I thought a Jem'Hadar phased polaron pistol might suit you better, and I happen to have one in my posession."

As the pair proceeded toward the shuttlebay, Rochey tipped his head toward Mikey. "Happy hunting, then," he said as they entered to find Sharkey being led out by a security team, as well as a satisified-looking Munro. Mikey stared at him for a second, and said, "I don't have time for this right now, lieutenant, but I had better get an explanation when I get back." IF I get back, thought Mikey. "Is that understood?!" Without waiting for a response, Mikey rounded on Rochey. "Keep him away from my gunny, OK?!"

Mikey begin warming up the Xindi craft as Retaal entered the shuttlebay. "Fire it up," he said to her, "and keep your comm open on my frequency. We're going to have to fine-tune this as we go."
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Blackstar groaned as shi woke up. "Did I make it?"

"Nope," said Whitmere. "How far did you get?"

"I made it to an auxiliary control room after ten minutes, but had to leave before I could use it. I evaded them for twenty minutes, until they cornered me in a cargo bay, and another 30 minutes while they beat me," said Blackstar. "I could've lasted longer if they weren't starving me." Shi rubbed hir sore joints, and checked hirself for any broken bones. Shi counted hirself lucky that there were none. Just a few bruises, and a minor cut on hir forhead, to which Whitmere was applying a cloth that he'd torn from his shirt.

"What do you mean," asked Lane, "you've been given the same amount as me and Whitmere."

"Yes, but I'm a good two or three times larger then you two. I have two stomachs to fill. My digestive system is more efficient at gathering nutrients, but still there's only so much I can get from the food. I don't think I have the energy for another, brute force escape attempt."

"Just as well," said Lane, "they've added a half-dozen guards to our cell's security corridor. I doubt you could beat that even at full strength."

Blackstar gave a heavy hearted sigh. "Blast. If I don't get you out of here myself I'm going to be in a cell for sure. I was hoping I could lessen the charges somewhat if I rescued you two. Now I may have to run for it if someone else rescues us, but I still have a kid on board the Daystrom. Unless I can convince the Captain to let me leave Starfleet and rinse his hands of me. I doubt my word is any good against Rochey's, especially after he's had so much more time to convince the Captain of his side. Since Talora shot at Rochey, by accident, I don't think her word is worth much. The only friend I have that's still in good standing is Mikey and I'm not even sure about that. His friendship I mean."

"Now don't say that," said Whitmere.

"Oh, stop trying to make me feel better," said Blackstar. "This is how things are for me." Shi raised one hand. "Rock," shi indicated hir hand. "Hardplace," shi raised hir other hand. "Me," shi put hir head in between the hands.

"You should've been a moral officer or counselor," said Lane, "you'd be good at it and you'd get in less trouble."

"But I'd be bored out of my mind. The away mission and this rescue mission, is the most fun I've had since I joined Starfleet."

Whitmere and Lane exchanged glances. "Okay, you shouldn't be a counselor. You should see a counselor," said Lane. The small group broke into laughter. Despite everything they were going through they could still find something to smile about, baffling the guards outside their cell.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Mikey usually hated designing plans on the fly, but this was different. Lack of substantial sleep made him buzz - true sleep deprivation symptoms didn't affect Andorians until close to a week - and all five kidneys were churning out cortisone like factories. He finally got his head wrapped around the idea of Sally. "But, can I trust it, Retaal?"

"I think so, commander. It's only loyalty is to Blackstar."

"Hmmm. Good, I can use that." Flipping his channel, he addressed the Chakat's shuttle. "Umm... Sally, is it? I'm Lt. Cmdr. W'trisk..."

"Yes, I know," came the surprisingly organic-sounding response. "I've been with Blackstar since well before shi came aboard the Daystrom. I assume Ensign Retaal has informed you of my nature?"

"Of course," responded Mikey vaguely, then forced himself to focus on the matter at hand. "Can I count on your assistance in my attempt to rescue Blackstar and our security personnel?"

As the Chakat's Dream fell into formation with the Xindi craft, Sally answered, "Certainly. I had calculated that you would be the one. Now, what did you have in mind?"

The bridge of the mercenary ship rang with the klaxon of its proximity alarm. "It looks like the craft that chased the Tholian-built shuttle out of the atmosphere, skip," said the helmsman.

"Well, what the frag is it doing here? I don't know who was on what's side in that mess. Raise the shields."

The urchin-like Xindi craft drifted almost carelessly across the merc ship's lazy orbit, although not on a course that would take it directly towards the ship. Suddenly, from beyond the horizon came the Chakat's Dream with guns blazing, trained on the spiky shuttle. The merc skipper relaxed for a moment as he told his helmsman to keep the viewer on. "It looks like we get to see Act II of their little show!"

Sally's shots, set on training-excercise power, did little but impact Mikey's shields; however, his intermittent cut-offs of the inertial dampers made it seem that his little ship was being rocked with incoming fire. "Have you located their bio-signs, Retaal?"

"Aye, sir!" she replied from her cloaked vessel. Even Fed sensors wouldn't have detected her - not with everybody engrossed in the dogfight taking place in front of them.

"Wait for my signal," said Mikey. Turning his shuttle to face the Dream, he loosed his own volley from the shuttle's particle cannon - also low-powered, but highly charged. He made sure to hit the Dream as it passed relatively close to the mercenary ship, causing an ionized spray to ricochet from the Tholian-made hull. That backwash was harmless to the merc ship, but certainly caused enough interference with its shields. "NOW!" hollered Mikey, as he read the destabilization of the merc shields. At the same time he vented and ignited as much plasma as he could spare; relinquished the Xindi ship to Sally's tractor beam; and engaged the emergency transport he had enabled to take him to Retaal's cockpit. As far as the mercs could tell, the Tholian shuttle had just made off with a prize of its own.

"Ha! I knew it!" said Blackstar, newly materialized in the Romulan shuttle. "See guys?" shi said to Whitmere and Lane, "Sometimes you just have to develop your own luck..." Hir voice faltered as she saw the phaser in Mikey's hand.

"I'm sorry, Blackstar," said Mikey quietly. "But you're going back. I understand that you had to do what you did... but I have to do what I must, as well." Mikey reached with his left hand for a comm panel. "Sally? I trust you understand the meaning of the schematic I sent you. People have taken steps to have you destroyed if you return to the Daystrom - Blackstar will be incarcerated, perhaps, but under the captain's supervision. He will not have hir harmed. You know as well as I that any foolhardiness will only put hir in harm's way. Take the Xindi craft and lay low with Thrall."

"It's OK," chimed in Blackstar. "Don't get yourself or the Dream hurt."

"Good show!" said the merc skipper. "I don't grudge anyone the spoils of a good fight... so long as I still have my own prize."

"Skip?" came a voice over the mercenary's comm. "Did you have the prisoners moved?"

"DAMMIT!"
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

The S'tei emerged from warp and decloaked. It had been close with the Merc ship. It had began pounding everywere with disrupter bolts after their 'prize' escaped. It wasn't too hard to evade.
"Shuttlecraft S'tei, this is USS Daystrome. Stand by for landing sequence..." Said the comms officer said. Then another far more frustrated voice appeared, screeching as he spoke.
"Do you have it? And the Ensigns?" Rochey asked.
"Yes, commander. All have been retrieved." Mikey said before Talora could respond. He turned to her and smiled lightly.
"Very well. Opening forward bay doors. Land as soon as possible. Daystrome out."
Blackstar sat in the chair, with the ensigns (each carrying a phaser) sitting close by.
"This thing is pretty drab, Talora. You should find some form of decoration..." Shi said. Talora turned, her face flushed with disbelief.
"You face your expulsion from Starfleet, arrest and possibly prison and you talk about the decoration of my ship!!!" She screamed. Blackstar face paled, not that it was easy to pale a felinoid face.
"I..I..I'm sorry," Blacky said. Talora immediately regretted her actions. She turned around just as she began the docking sequence.
"Sorry. Blackstar. I'm just a little frustrated." An alarm bleeped. Talora span around once more.
"Oh bugger..." She said dragging the S'tei back on course with a sharp burst of the thrusters. The Shuttle drove through the energy barrier. Immediately there was an unusual energy reading all through the shuttlebay.
"Shuttlebay control this is S'tei what's goi.."
"Don't worry about, Ensign. It's just power fluctuations from one of the relays."
She accepted the explanation even though the energy was on a completely wrong frequency.
"Blackstar?"
"Yes?"
"I'm getting unusual readings. Don't be surprised if Rochey and that Breen...creature have set something up for you."
"I'll keep that in mind."
The shuttlecraft put down on the deck...
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Blackstar took one of the last moments before docking to thank Mikey. "I appreciate what you did. Coming to rescue me I mean."

"I didn't do it to just rescue you," said Mikey, "it is-"

"Oh, shut up. You can say all you want, but my empathy tells me your true intentions. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me. It's too bad things won't work out immediately for us, but we'll meet up again someday," said Blackstar.

"Blackstar. There's no way you're going to escape, and no way for you to stay in Starfleet."

Blackstar snorted, "let me worry about that. I can handle myself just fine."

Blackstar was only half-surprised when a number of darts struck hir. Not so much surprised that shi was attacked, but more surprised at the method. Blackstar gave a half-grin as shi pulled the darts out. "Creative, but in most circumstances, ineffective against Chakats."

The security detachment in the shuttlebay, led by Munroe kept their weapons trained on Blackstar. Munroe looked in disbelief. The Chakat wasn't showing any effects from the tranqs, and was complimenting his tactics. Then a slight buckling of hir knees suggested that the tranquilizers were starting to take effect.

Blackstar sensed what Munroe was thinking, or at least had a good idea of what it was. "Normally I would be able to handle the tranqs without trouble. However, I'm half-starved and much weaker then normal. It seems you got lucky." Blackstar then, half-collapsed, supporting hir upper body, with hir hands on hir bent front knees. "Very lucky." And then shi collapsed completely, with a smile on hir face.

Blackstar awoke in sickbay. Shi looked up to see Captain Fletcher standing over hir. An translucent force field gave hir some privacy, but shi could make out a security officer. Probably Rochey or Monroe's idea. "I'm sorry I failed you captain." Shi proceed to explain everything that had happened. "I guess I wasn't cut out for Starfleet."

"Oh, I think you could've been. You just needed a little discipline, and more trust in your fellow crewmates. This will probably mean you'll spend a few years in a prison. Probably never get your own command. That really doesn't matter, because from what the Doctors told me, your probably not going to make it. Your weakened state, combined with that overdose of tranqs is killing you."

Blackstar nodded. "I see. I'd like my resignation to be on file. And if possible without the records of my more questionable actions."

Captain Fletcher nodded, feeling that he shouldn't refuse the reasonable request of a dying man...hermaphrodite, he corrected himself. "I suppose since you're dieing, it won't hurt if I forget to record the charges the Commander wanted to bring against you. Anything else?"

"I want a torpedo, funeral. The rest of it is in my will. Talora has a copy of it on a data chip I gave to her." It took a moment for Fletcher to realize what shi was saying. "If anyone wants to say any last words to me, send them in before I lose consciousness."

"I'll have them sent in one at a time." The Captain walked out. He shrugged, figuring that if some of hir tall tails were true then shi was prepared to die a long time ago. "Tail High Blackstar." He left the enclosed area.

Blackstar grinned. Hir escape was close at hand. Then shi realized what the captain had said. "Wait, how did he know that phrase?"[/i]
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Talora stepped into the room, Nodding gently at the security guard. The Human nodded in return and dropped the energy barrier. Talora stepped into the sphere. And the barrier appeared.
"Blackstar." She said weakly. The Chakat turned.
"Tally. I suppose this would be a goodbye," Blacky said, slightly more dramatically than was normal. Talora raised an eyebrow. And Blackstar winked. Talora drew closer.
"What!" Talora hissed.
"I am not dying." Blackstar whispered softly." Its merely a coma. Once i'm torpedoed into space, i can be picked up. With all charges gone!"
Talora was stupified. Only Blackstar could have thought up something of this magnitude. It was brilliant really. Only Talora would have noticed medical discrepencies in Blacky's corpse, due to her skills.
"Well that settles it." She said, simply.
"What?"
"I'm resigning." The room fell silent. The Dr. had heard her say it as well as the guard. Both looked in shock
"No! Don't ruin your career for me!"
"Blackstar! You are the closest thing I have to family now. I am not going to loose you the way I lost N'val."
"Who?"
Talora's face flushed with blood. She had inadvertantly brought out memories she had all but obliterated from her mind.
"It doesn't matter now." She winked. "goodbye Blackstar."
Blacky schooled her features to look like she was upset yet calm. Perfect. It worked, easily fooling the Dr. and the guard.
"Goodbye Tally. Take care of the baby for me."
"I will. What is she to be named?"
Blackstar thought for a moment....
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

*error*
Last edited by Blackstar the Chakat on Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

"Starbolt. It seems like an appropriate name," replied Blackstar.

"Aww...that's such a sweet name," said Talora.

Blackstar grinned, "I'm glad you like it. Talora there's something else I'd like to talk to you about. You have helped take care of Starbolt in my abscence, and well, in Chakat culture when two adults who agree to share responsibility for a child makes them denmates. And to be honest I have feelings for you. And since you did mention that I was like family to you I know you have some sort of feelings. Now whether or not you want to pursue a more romantic relationship is up to you. But if you accept I will give you all the love and support that goes with it. That's what I'm offering you. Now since we haven't known each other that long you can feel free to cancel it at any time should you find me an unsuitable mate."

Talora's voice took a moment to come back to her. "I think, I'd be willing to give it a try. I will be your denmate, Blackstar." She wasn't able to get anything else out as Blackstar gave her a hug and a lick-kiss. An awww from the guard made Talora worry about how much he heard. She looked at Blackstar with concern.

"Don't worry," said Blackstar, "Latinum is very effective at sealing lips. Not that I or the security officer know anything about that. As for the rest of the stuff that we're going to deal with as a couple, like quarters, or a cermony, if you want one, should wait until after my funeral. There's a phrase I never thought I'd say."

"Well, don't worry too much, I'm pretty easy," said Talora. She wondered why the guard was snikkering.

"I don't think that's something you should advertise hun," said Blackstar. Talora then realized what she had said and blushed. "We can celebrate later, but we can't draw too much suspician or else this plan of mine may be blown."

"Of coarse," said Talora. She gave hir a peck on the cheek and began walking out.

Blackstar watched as hir new mate walked out, recalling an old phrase shi had heard: I hate it when she has to leave, but I love seeing her walk away.

Silvertail whispered to Talora as she left the sickbay, "Do you ever wonder?"

"Wonder what?"

"If shi plans it all out, or simply makes it up as shi goes along?"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Mikey was, of course, unsurprised at the reception which Rochey and Munro had prepared for Blackstar. Rather than watch and probably engage in some emotional outburst - directed at which side of the argument, Mikey couldn't be sure - he strode deliberately out of the bay.

Entering Sharkey's quarters, Mikey was surprised to find the chief in civvies. Sharkey held up a hand to forestall Mikey's question and handed the commander a PADD. After perusing it quickly, Mikey paused a second, and then said, "Are you kidding? I'll fix things with that ice-brained-"

"That was the straw, not the camel, sir," interrupted Sharkey. "That Breen is just the latest in a long list. This ain't my Starfleet anymore, sir. We try to be everybody's friend, and then when it don't work out, we fight our wars half-assed. We get our butts kicked clear across the Alpha Quadrant, and then 'win' by threatening biological genocide. Then when we HAVE won, we invite our enemies in - and crew our ships with them." Sharkey looked up at the Andorian, and continued, "I'm a grunt, sir - a soldier. I appreciate the Federation's ideas, but the policy just don't make any sense to me anymore, and if that's the case then I can't put my boots on the ground behind it anymore."

Mikey was quiet for a moment, and then said, "I don't want to lose you, Gunny. We've seen and done a lot together. But I will respect your wishes. 24 years is a lot of habits to break, though. Have you thought this through?"

"I have, sir."

"Where will you go?" asked Mikey.

"Ah... I haven't figured that part out yet."

"I might have an idea for you on that end..."

Mikey entered sickbay after receiving the call. He passed through the perimeter of the forcefield, looked somberly down at Blackstar for a minute, then grinned ironically and said, "You were right. You do get yourself out of some pretty tight spots."

Blackstar turned hir head toward Mikey in surprise. "You know?" shi said softly.

"I knew you were going to pull something, and I put the bug in Rochey's head to not use lethal force against you - you know, so he could watch you stand trial."

"You manipulate people too well to adhere to such a strict code, Mikey," said Blackstar. "Are you still so adamant about your dedication to some abstract principles?"

"I am," answered Mikey without hesitation. "And if I weren't, I wouldn't be the man you met. I do have a request to make - for old time's sake, perhaps?" Blackstar looked curiously at Mikey, and he continued, "Take Sharkey with you. He's tendered his resignation, and he's got nothing but space in his blood. He's a good man and a hell of a right arm."

"I will," said Blackstar, who was about to mention the news about hir and Retaal. Shi thought better of it, and simply said, "I won't say anything as pointless as telling you to take care of yourself, Mikey. Goodbye."

Retaal had waited for Mikey outside sickbay. He walked out with antennae down, but could still tell that Retaal was buzzing with some suppressed excitement. "Are you going with hir?" he asked. As Retaal stared agape, Mikey continued, "Yes, I know. I've spoken with Blackstar about this. If you go, take Sharkey with you. He's going to be joining on with hir."

Recovering her composure, Retaal said, "I'll take him. Of course I'll be going with hir - I can't just let my new denmate go off without me!"

Mikey choked. "Your new... denmate?" He looked intently at the floor before saying, "How wonderful for you. I... I must be going."
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Mikey turned on his heels and walked off, his antenna drooping slightly. Ah. So there was some attraction there Talora thought. His dismay had been so close to the surface of his mind she had been able to read it. That was almost unheard of. She may have a latent empathic sense but it wasn't anywhere near powerful enough to read minds. She heard the word almost as if it was spoken.
She headed to the turbolifts, walking past staring crewmembers. She had only been aboard for a short time but she was already renowned for her less than enthusiastic face. She was positively beaming.
Talora schooled her features as she exited the turbolift, entering the bridge. She walked over to the captains office and chimed the door.
"Come in." Came the voice. She walked through the doors.
"Ensign! Do come in. What can I do fo...oh thats not a good face. Whats wrong?" He said, his voice trailing through a rather large spectrum of notes.
"I would like to hand in....my resignation." Silence, like a thick fog, cloaked the room.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes," she said producing a PADD with the official resignition on. She handed it to him.
"Very well. You are hereby relieved of Starfleet service."
"I would request captain that i be allowed to remain until the Funeral service is finished," She said, a faked tear welling up. She was surprised that the amateur dramatics worked.
"Granted. I'll assume you'll be leaving after that. Sharkey going with you?" He asked.
"I didn't know that you knew he was leaving. He is leaving with me, yes."
"Ok. I expect you have lots to pack. And a Baby to care for."
She nodded once and turned away, leaving for her quarters.
"Retaal to shuttlebay."
"Go ahead."
"I will be leaving soon. Please prepare my ship for departure."
"very well, Ensign."
"I am no longer Ensign Retaal." She cut the channel.

Starbolt sat in her cot, clenched by the fist of sleep. Talora walked over to the desk. And removed the single rank insignia on her collar. She went over to the replicator, looking for civilian clothes. She chose a simple knee length single piece dress in a dull green with tights and small heeled shoes. It was certainly different to what she had been used to. She had spent her life since the age of 14 in uniform, be it the broad-shouldered tunic of the Empire or the simple, elegant starfleet uniform. It would take a while to get used to her...freedom.
Talora stopped, looking at the framed picture of N'val. He had given everything for her. His career, his family. Even himself in the end. She picked it up and placed it in the case of various little objects she had decided to pack. Never shall he be forgotton she thought, writhing in her mind with anger and hatred for everything Romulan. She even felt as though her mind was attacking itself, trying to destroy itself purely out of spite.
She regained control, picked up Starbolt and her bag and left her quarters.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

"No, absoulutly not," said Munroe.

"Come on, just one look?" asked Blackstar.

"No. Now stop asking. I do not find this amusing."

"Come on I won't tell anyone. Are you really going to deny someone their dying wish. Escpecially when you're the reason they're dying?"

"How do I know you're actually dying?" asked Munroe.

"Oh, right, I'm actually faking my death to prevent the charges from being on my record and to escape the Daystrom without you and Rochey trying to do anything else to me," Blackstar said with a sarcastic tone.

Munroe stared for a moment. "Okay, that was a little amusing. Fine, one little peak, as long as you don't tell anyone." Munroe slowly removed his helmet's face mask. "Under my mask is...another mask!" He put his outer face mask back on.

Blackstar grinned, "okay. I suppose I did ask you to remove a mask. I never said, 'let me see your face' or something like that. I probably would've done the same thing in your position." The two looked at each other in silence before Blackstar said, "you can leave if you want. And don't feel guilty or anything. I'm not sure you would or whatever, but just to be clear, anyone could've made the mistake of overdosing someone."

Monroe nodded and left. Silvertail walked over to Blackstar with a look of confusion. "You just told him the truth about what you're doing, and he didn't belive you."

Blackstar nodded, "third method of lying. First method is a total lie, second method is where you don't tell the whole truth, third method is to tell the truth and the whole truth but in a way they think it's a lie. The best way to convince someone you're lying is to tell them you are."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

After the Breen left, it wasn't long before Blackstar's body succumed to the overdose of tranquilisers. She entered her comatosed state, looking for all intents and purposes, dead. Just as well really, considering what shi had planned.
The senior members of the crew, Plus Talora, stood in the torpedo control room, all ringing around the Black torpedo casing. Inside lay the body of Blackstar, deep in her trance.
"We are gathered here today, to pay respects to Lieutenant Blackstar of Chakona," The Captain began."Shi died in the line of duty, fighting for what shi percieved as right. And I respect that. Above all I respect hir choice to follow hir morale center. It's what formulates the Federation. I understand that the circumstances before hir death where...questionable. But shi performed hir duties to that point with a tenacity and capability that Starfleet has rarely known. But of all hir qualities, the best was hir nature. Shi always had a smile, hir sense of humour was always with hir and hir pure...joyfullness was what made hir a unique person. A wonderful person that shall be missed by all." A round of applause, even managing a small token of appreciation from the Commander, even though his ability to clap was hindered by his suit.
"I believe that lt. cmdr. W'trisk has a few words to say," The captain said, indicating for the Andorian to proceed forward.
"Before hir arrival I had been a little detached from the rest of my crewmates. Be it on previous ships or this one. But hir indefatigable kind and trusting nature changed everything. I had rarely recieved such friendship from those not of my own race. Shi was a capable being and a fantastic friend. Whatever others may say," Glancing toward Rochey."Shi was and forever will be, one of the best." Another round of applause.
"anyone else?" The Captain asked, sweeping his vision around the room. Talora shook her head, tears drifting down her face.
"Very well. I commit hir body to the stars she chased," He said. The torpedo slid into the tube. He keyed in the commands. The Torpedo fired, emerging into space.
"Dismissed!" He said. The company began drifting from the room, Talora being one of the first to leave. She began her fast paced walk toward the shuttlebay.
Last edited by Reliant121 on Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Munro watched the Romulan leave the funeral his natural suspicion growing by the minute. The thing had died too easily for a tranqulizer he had ran against her genome to ensure she would not be killed.

Making sure that the Romulan had not noticed him he followed her from behind. "Munro to security, track Talora and moniter for transporter usage, communications, and shuttle activity."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

The Slender green craft slipped out of the shuttlebay doors, leaving behind all Talora had known.
"Computer, Activate Cloaking device, Maximum stealth mode," She commanded, Speaking in fluent Romulan. The lighting dimmed and all non-essential computer terminals deactivated.
"Computer, Locate target designated Echo-56." The Torpedo. A consistent noise filled the air.
"Target Located, Bearing 014.67," The computer droned.
"Set course, Maximum warp." The starfield erupted into streaks as the powerful engines of her shuttle sprang to life. Judging by the time she had taken leaving and gathering Sharkey and his...possessions together, There wouldn't be much oxygen left in the torpedo.
"So...what are we doing, Talora?" He asked, consuming a yoghurt.
"Retrieving Blackstar's pod." Sharkey tried to stop eating in shock, but he failed. The spoon caked in yoghurt hurtled into his closed lips. He had developed a new beard. She stiffled a giggle away,
"What? Why?"
"Because shi's not dead." Silence filled the room, punctuated by the door opening to Silvertail's arrival. Talora had taken the Hologram with her to help care for Starbolt.
"Um...but shi was torpedoed. Shi was registered as dead!" He cried, wiping the layer of yoghurt from his face.
"Shi was in a Coma. Hir life signs would have been almost impossible to determine between dead or comatosed." He sat, not saying anything. He then returned to devouring his yoghurt.

"We're in transporter range," Silvertail said. Shi had taken over from Sharkey because he needed sleep.
"Good. Dropping Cloaking device, Energize when ready," Talora replied. She spun around to look at the pad. A Green sweeping field appeared, depositing the Torpedo on the pad. She walked over, carrying a hypospray.
She Keyed in the release commands. It opened.
Pressing the hypospray against Blackstar's neck, she injected the stimulant into her blood stream. It took a while to work. Hir eyes fluttered.
"Oh...remind me never to do that again...Tally!" Shi said looking up. Talora bent down a little lower and kissed Blacky on the cheek. Shi replied with a lick kiss. Silvertail made a dramatic impression of being sick. And Talora, smiling, promptly threw the hypospray at hir. It phased through her and slammed into the panel.
"Right, Talora. We need a new ship, this thing is too small." Blackstar said, lifting herself slowly out of the torpedo.
"Thanks," She said sarcastically. "Where do we get one."
"Take us back to the planet we escaped from. Thrall owes me a ship. He's building it at the moment."
"Very well. Now, you go and rest. Try to avoid Sharkey though. Still not sure if he's on the verge of throwing up..." Blackstar nodded, smiling, and walked into the aft compartment.
"Computer, Set course for E'tarax IV. Maximum warp.
The shuttle leapt into the abyss...