Coronavirus and racist attack

In the real world
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Coronavirus and racist attack

Post by Nutso »

Matt Gaetz made light of coronavirus by wearing a gas mask. Now he is in quarantine.
Days after Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) wore an enormous gas mask during a House floor vote on an emergency funding package for the coronavirus response, the congressman announced that he would self-quarantine for 14 days after coming into contact with a Conservative Political Action Conference participant who tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Oh, that is just beautiful.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:21 pm Matt Gaetz made light of coronavirus by wearing a gas mask. Now he is in quarantine.
Days after Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) wore an enormous gas mask during a House floor vote on an emergency funding package for the coronavirus response, the congressman announced that he would self-quarantine for 14 days after coming into contact with a Conservative Political Action Conference participant who tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
Ah, sweet Karma.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Bet no one here ever thought they'd see the phrase, "Coronavirus Impeach Scam." I sure as hell didn't.
Stan - South Park
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

Nutso wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:40 pm Image
Bet no one here ever thought they'd see the phrase, "Coronavirus Impeach Scam." I sure as hell didn't.

With the previous impeachment scams, I'm not suprised at all. :lol:
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by 00111010 01000100 »

I’m unsure how much of this is fear driven or factual anymore? One of my co-workers was apparently exposed to it at a political rally last week, he’s been into work since yesterday but called out sick due to concerns of contracting it from others at the rally which have since been announced to have been carriers. So too little too late for anyone in the people who work in my job. There’s other aspects of this virus which propaganda is definitely affecting my own outlook on people who are coughing or showing any kinds of sickness. :-/ while I’ll never be driven by racism (a form of hatred of differences), it’s origins are not important, but I can see how the fear the news helps to spread of it is affecting people’s around the world and causing their own fear to lead to actions of violence.

A faceless enemy cannot exist because it cannot be fought, giving a face to it, even a false one gives the masses something tangible to hate. :(

Doesn’t make it right though.

**last bit and an add-on note: while others at my job have expressed anger towards him for bringing it to us unannounced, I rationalize that being angry with him is petty and fruitless. After all, this co-worker has a wife and two children, imagining the anguish he has that he’s potentially exposed his family to it is enough of a personal penalty for a man/father to deal with.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:40 pm Image
I saw the video for that on twitter. She's in full-on tinfoil hat mode.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Okay, this bitch might be airborne now. This study awaiting peer review indicated that the COVID-19 virus could remain viable in the air "up to 3 hours post aerosolization," while remaining alive on plastic and other surfaces for up to three days. Previously it's been thought that it survived in the air through liquid droplets.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4 ... in-the-air
Federally funded tests conducted by scientists from several major institutions indicated that the novel form of coronavirus behind a worldwide outbreak can survive in the air for several hours.

A study awaiting peer review from scientists at Princeton University, the University of California-Los Angeles and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) posted online Wednesday indicated that the COVID-19 virus could remain viable in the air "up to 3 hours post aerosolization," while remaining alive on plastic and other surfaces for up to three days.

"Our results indicate that aerosol and fomite transmission of HCoV-19 is plausible, as the virus can remain viable in aerosols for 42 multiple hours and on surfaces up to days," reads the study's abstract.

The test results suggest that humans could be infected by the disease simply carried through the air or on a solid surface, even if direct contact with an infected person does not occur. That finding, if accepted, would come in stark contrast to previous media reports that suggested the virus was not easily transmittable outside of direct human contact.
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

No basketball for us Americans. The season has been suspended. March Madness (college basketball) will be played without fans in the seats. Hockey the same.

What caused the NBA to suspend their season was because a player ended up getting it. But two days ago he mocked it by touching every microphone. Karma I guess?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:25 am No basketball for us Americans. The season has been suspended. March Madness (college basketball) will be played without fans in the seats. Hockey the same.

What caused the NBA to suspend their season was because a player ended up getting it. But two days ago he mocked it by touching every microphone. Karma I guess?
Yep. The c**t was actually trending on twitter. Here's video of him being a c**t: https://twitter.com/pragmactivist/statu ... 2727284736

Ironic that the player who publicly mocks COVID-19, is the one who got the first case and shuts down the league because he touched everything with his diseased hands.
Stan - South Park
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Nutso wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:53 am Okay, this bitch might be airborne now. This study awaiting peer review indicated that the COVID-19 virus could remain viable in the air "up to 3 hours post aerosolization," while remaining alive on plastic and other surfaces for up to three days. Previously it's been thought that it survived in the air through liquid droplets.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4 ... in-the-air
Federally funded tests conducted by scientists from several major institutions indicated that the novel form of coronavirus behind a worldwide outbreak can survive in the air for several hours.

A study awaiting peer review from scientists at Princeton University, the University of California-Los Angeles and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) posted online Wednesday indicated that the COVID-19 virus could remain viable in the air "up to 3 hours post aerosolization," while remaining alive on plastic and other surfaces for up to three days.

"Our results indicate that aerosol and fomite transmission of HCoV-19 is plausible, as the virus can remain viable in aerosols for 42 multiple hours and on surfaces up to days," reads the study's abstract.

The test results suggest that humans could be infected by the disease simply carried through the air or on a solid surface, even if direct contact with an infected person does not occur. That finding, if accepted, would come in stark contrast to previous media reports that suggested the virus was not easily transmittable outside of direct human contact.
Hardy little bugger, isn’t it. Update from my end, the co-worker who thought he had it? Tests came back negative today. Doesn’t put anyone in the clear (not really) as you pointed out, it’s not only resilient, its morphing into other forms of communicable transmission.

I said this to one of the other co-workers tonight after we got the “negative” results news for the guy on days. :-/. This virus is spreading so rapidly, It’s like a guaranteed lottery, but a really crappy lottery. Chances are everyone will win, all we can hope is that we don’t win the grand prize of sorts.. but yeah, at this rate, everyone has a high chance of getting sick/winning.
“Pull a stunt like this again and I’ll court marshal you... or promote you. Either way you’ll be in big trouble”
00111010 01000100
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

So here’s an example of how things like this spread so quickly. The other night, I’m at a Walgreens (corner drug store). I happen to hear an elder woman cough, then cough again, then double cough. Corona is on everyone’s brain now so it hard to not wonder if she’s got it or just a cold/flu? But here’s the wth lady. I glance at her as she’s coughing and watch her cough into her hand and go back to using the photo kiosk keyboard and trackball. She had to be in her late 40’s to early 50’s, so should know better than to do so with her coughs but didn’t stop doing it. Germs spread and majority doesn’t seem to care that they might be helping this thing spread.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I've been wondering how Trump's response to the Coronavirus would play with his base, given how many of them probably think it's all a liberal hoax, viruses don't exist, vaccines cause autism, all you need is essential oils, etc.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...