Cloverfield

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Why was she upset? Is it an emotional film, or what?

Welcome to the forums, by the way. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
danman
Crewman
Crewman

Post by danman »

she got scared. not a emotional movie at all just some parts of the movie really got to her.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Ah, okay.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Foxbat
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Foxbat »

Supposedly the pic at the beginning of the thread was 'debunked' by Paramount. But I haven't seen it, so I can't comment if the 'debunked' word is correct.

I got the impression looking at the trailers that it was a fusion of a Godzilla-Like monster movie and Blair Witch Project. The movie critics in my area for the most part liked it (11 critics, average grade B), which is odd for a monster movie...
"Nothing is more Airwolf than Airwolf!" http://www.ernestcline.com/spokenword/airwolf.htm
Logan Nolag
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Logan Nolag »

I just saw it and the one word I think described it best was weird. O and the Star Trek XI trailer was ok.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

The picture at the beginning is a bit off.

Read this for spoilers on the look of the monster:

The actual monster is close to what the picture had but the little ones look almost identicle to the sandlions of Half Life 2. The little monsters are also a lot smaller than what the picture showed, like the size of a dog. The big monster is a lot smaller as well. He's about half that size at the most. At the end of the movie you still don't know really what the hell it is. Or what happens when bitten by the little ones.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Monroe wrote:The picture at the beginning is a bit off.

Read this for spoilers on the look of the monster:

The actual monster is close to what the picture had but the little ones look almost identicle to the sandlions of Half Life 2. The little monsters are also a lot smaller than what the picture showed, like the size of a dog. The big monster is a lot smaller as well. He's about half that size at the most. At the end of the movie you still don't know really what the hell it is. Or what happens when bitten by the little ones.
Which is the exact reason I lost all interest in seeing the movie.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

So.....you never actualy see the monster? :?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Rochey wrote:So.....you never actualy see the monster? :?
Oh you do. But even the clear shots like... from air... >.> aren't very conclusive. I still don't know what the hell it is. Just some big gray thing that looks similiar to that picture.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Ah, okay then.
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

I just saw the movie, and the monster looks a lot like those insect like creatures in STAotC used for excecution on Geonosis, but the heads are completely different. And the little bugs look more to me like the soldier bugs in Starship Troopers.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-