If the Dominon had won...

Deep Space Nine
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: If the Dominon had won...

Post by McAvoy »

For some reason when I read this, Firefly popped in my head.

If it were a series, I would think the Jem'Hadar would end up rebelling against the Vorta. Like said above.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

It would have been one hell of a series indeed.
Genius insania et conseri manum
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

If I had a choice I'd rather have Firefly back. But that is just me.

Realistically, the concept would have never gotten off because Star Trek is percieved in a different light than many sci-fi series. This would totally change it. Then to many it wouldn't be Star Trek.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

McAvoy wrote:If I had a choice I'd rather have Firefly back. But that is just me...
It sure as hell isn't just you. :wave:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

McAvoy wrote:Star Trek is percieved in a different light than many sci-fi series. This would totally change it. Then to many it wouldn't be Star Trek.
Something like that did happen once... geez, it's on the tip of my tongue... a series with a completely different feel and setting paradigm...

I think it was called "DS9" or some junk. Didn't do too well. :wink:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

:P

Well, the Federation was still around and going strong. Wipe that out and make the semi-utopian Star Trek into a survivial/rebellion series for the human race to become a new UFP 2.0 wouldn't really be Star Trek would it? Sure same species, planets, locations, ships but the idea isn't Star trek.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Until DS9, neither was a series set on a stationary platform, nor one with a decidedly darker, film noir feel, nor one with an ongoing war as a continuing theme - especially one which the UFP was losing until resorting to espionage, intrigue, and "bad guy" tactics.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Unfortunately, the Jem'hadar don't have much of a choice. Aside from their programmed reverence of the founders, they are dependent on White and I'm guessing the Vorta grip the keys to its production tightly.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Mikey wrote:Until DS9, neither was a series set on a stationary platform, nor one with a decidedly darker, film noir feel, nor one with an ongoing war as a continuing theme - especially one which the UFP was losing until resorting to espionage, intrigue, and "bad guy" tactics.
Which is why you have a small group insisting it isn't Trek.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Really? Wow. It's my favorite of the franchise.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, I've run into a few who don't like it because it "contradicts the spirit of Trek", or something.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Rochey wrote:...contradicts the spirit of Trek...
I fail to see how DS9 contradicts Gene Roddenberry getting laid and making money.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

:laughroll:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
I fail to see how DS9 contradicts Gene Roddenberry getting laid and making money.
It had class? :P
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

:laughroll:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu