My own review

Discussion of the new run of Star Trek XI+ movies and any spinoffs
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: My own review

Post by Tyyr »

Well Rochey and Kendall pretty much covered all the points I would have. Suffice it to say that I think the reviewer is full of shit to put is simply.

I consider myself a hard-core Trekkie and I loved the movie. I think we need to start differentiating between hard-core Trekkies and freaks who take it as a religion.

He lost all credibility the instant he mentioned Nemesis as anything other than awful and wanting to see a movie with Janeway in it. Given that Voyager slit the franchises' throat and Janeway is in a dead heat with Archer for being the worst Trek captain EVER (and I'm including the Pakled captain in this grouping) I can't imagine wanting to make a movie with her in it. Well... a movie that doesn't have her dying awfully in the first five minutes. I mean really awfully, burned beyond recognition and then blown out into space kinda awful.

As for the Orion... *sniff* I can only salute JJ Abrams for that. Not only did he embrace the stereotypes, he committed them to film. Here's to you JJ, may you have Kirk bang multi-colored hotties across the galaxy for years to come.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Hey, I liked Nemesis. What does that make me?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

An abomination. :P

So...any bets that AQ isn't coming back to defend his views?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Rochey wrote:So...any bets that AQ isn't coming back to defend his views?
I doubt it. Seems a bit like a spam post.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

me,myself and I wrote:Hey, I liked Nemesis. What does that make me?
A sad strange little man.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Tyyr wrote:
me,myself and I wrote:Hey, I liked Nemesis. What does that make me?
A sad strange little man.
Toy Story reference?
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I doubt it. Seems a bit like a spam post.
Actualy, I think you may have a point. The guy's only post wasn't to actualy write his review here, but to post a link to his website, basicaly saying "hey, come check my site out!". Doesn't that fall under the No Advertising rule the Kennedys have?

I'll remove the link for now, and bring it up in the Mod Forum. If Graham and Ian say it's okay, I'll put it back.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

me,myself and I wrote:
Tyyr wrote:A sad strange little man.
Toy Story reference?
Yeah. I like it.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:I doubt it. Seems a bit like a spam post.
Actualy, I think you may have a point. The guy's only post wasn't to actualy write his review here, but to post a link to his website, basicaly saying "hey, come check my site out!". Doesn't that fall under the No Advertising rule the Kennedys have?

I'll remove the link for now, and bring it up in the Mod Forum. If Graham and Ian say it's okay, I'll put it back.
I figured it was just trolling.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Tyyr wrote:
me,myself and I wrote:
Tyyr wrote:A sad strange little man.
Toy Story reference?
Yeah. I like it.
Ah... back when Disney was good.

And i disagree with your characterization, but I also understand why so many people hate the movie with a passion. Not to re-open that debate, but I'm just not bothered by those things. :)
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

That wasn't Disney, that was Pixar. :mrgreen:
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Which made the Incredibles, which lived up to its billing and is a great movie that just happens to be animated.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

stitch626 wrote:That wasn't Disney, that was Pixar. :mrgreen:
It was a Disney/Pixar project wasn't it? :?
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Pixar did all the work, Disney just wrote the checks.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Pretty much. I personally like all of Pixar's work (though Cars was just meh for me).
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.