Dukat-class

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dukat-class

Post by Graham Kennedy »

On the site somewhere I suggested the Obsidian Order stole the design from Starfleet and they managed to build a few inferior copies, which didn't work too well and were hence used on Dreadnought rather than real ships.

About the best explanation I could come up with.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Sounds about right to me. It would also explain why the equipment from the Dread was so easily used for Voy.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, I'd go with that.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Deepcrush wrote:Sounds about right to me. It would also explain why the equipment from the Dread was so easily used for Voy.
OR: It's Voyager.....what more needs to be said?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

me,myself and I wrote:
Deepcrush wrote:Sounds about right to me. It would also explain why the equipment from the Dread was so easily used for Voy.
OR: It's Voyager.....what more needs to be said?
:Q
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The man makes a valid point.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Rochey wrote:The man makes a valid point.
Which one? I'd say both are valid points.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Well one of those is an IU reason while the other is an OOU reason. The problem for us is finding a reason that fits both. I'd say we got lucky here.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Agreed.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

All in all, I like the Dukat Class. Seems to fit both a need and Cannon at the same time. You've done a great job here.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I also agree with that.

Wow, that's weird. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Umm, its the same thing... with detail added. You just agreed to the same thing twice... :poke:
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I like it. Its got the power and such that i could imagine the Cardies would feel coming in useful. But i would have thought the combat maneouvrability is a tad high, dont you think?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I don't mind it being pretty speedy. I can imagine the Cardies stripping out everything they don't need so they can get that little bit more power out of the engines.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

GrahamKennedy wrote:On the site somewhere I suggested the Obsidian Order stole the design from Starfleet and they managed to build a few inferior copies, which didn't work too well and were hence used on Dreadnought rather than real ships.

About the best explanation I could come up with.
found it
Wepons: Quantom Torpedoes wrote:The Cardassians are known to have developed a version of the quantum torpedo which equips their Dreadnought type heavy penetrator.2 It is known that the design schematics of the quantum warhead developed by Starfleet were scanned by unauthorized personnel at least once during the development of that weapon, and it is now thought that an operative of the Obsidian Order was able to copy this data and escape with it. The Cardassians have apparently encountered considerable problems with the manufacture of quantum weapons, and their version of the torpedo is significantly less reliable than the Starfleet model. As a result the central command considered the quantum torpedo unsuitable for use as the primary torpedo armament of a fleet vessel, hence its role as the short range defence system of a device like Dreadnought.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.