Knight Rider (2008)

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I'm gonna catch the Feb 23 repeat before commenting.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
kostmayer wrote:Was disappointed they moved on from Talking Watches to Ear Pieces (when are we getting watch phones?)

It was cheesy, but good cheesy. First the Bionic Woman, then this - maybe they'll do Airwolf next.
Well the ear piece is closer to a cell, and I think KITT showed that he can easily communicate on a cell phone. The earpiece probably optimized for communicating with KITT, interferance, weak signal issues, and interception problems may be reduced.

Talking watches is silly
And a talking car isn't :)

I think V has held up pretty well, but I admit it definitely had a bigger effect on me when I was a kid (I wasn't even a teen at the time :) ).

If it is remade, I hope they don't resign the ships. They were wonderfully understated - as giant Flying Saucers go. And Michael Ironside *has* to be in any remake.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Lessons learned from the new Knight Rider

I especially like the one about shaving, but its a lesson I didn't actually need to be taught.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

kostmayer wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:
kostmayer wrote:Was disappointed they moved on from Talking Watches to Ear Pieces (when are we getting watch phones?)

It was cheesy, but good cheesy. First the Bionic Woman, then this - maybe they'll do Airwolf next.
Well the ear piece is closer to a cell, and I think KITT showed that he can easily communicate on a cell phone. The earpiece probably optimized for communicating with KITT, interferance, weak signal issues, and interception problems may be reduced.

Talking watches is silly
And a talking car isn't :)
I know a BMW that talks. In fact, I'd love a talking car. It'd finally give me someone to talk to on the hour long trip home from school. And it would be a better driver I'm sure.
Lessons learned from the new Knight Rider

I especially like the one about shaving, but its a lesson I didn't actually need to be taught
Don't be a hater.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

I wasn't being a hater, I just thought it was a funny site.
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Talking watches aren't even original, think Dick Tracy, guys. But I loved the original Knight Rider as a kid, and this new one does look pretty good. By the way, there is an online store for dressing up your 1982 to 92 Trans Am to look exactly like K.I.T.T., down to the abbreviated steering wheel and the cool light bar in the front. All you have to do is paint it black and they'll provide you with the rest. I'll see if I can find the website for it.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

mwhittington wrote:Talking watches aren't even original, think Dick Tracy, guys. But I loved the original Knight Rider as a kid, and this new one does look pretty good. By the way, there is an online store for dressing up your 1982 to 92 Trans Am to look exactly like K.I.T.T., down to the abbreviated steering wheel and the cool light bar in the front. All you have to do is paint it black and they'll provide you with the rest. I'll see if I can find the website for it.
There are a few sites that do that. I even saw one that would convert it for you. For a price.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

I saw a site that was selling the Mr Fusion devices for the back of your DeLorean - although obtaining the car is a feat within itself :)
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

kostmayer wrote:I saw a site that was selling the Mr Fusion devices for the back of your DeLorean - although obtaining the car is a feat within itself :)
Do they have the other time-machine parts like a flux capaciter, the dashboard control panel, and that time-shift stick? That would be cool, on any car. And if anyone asks to travel through time you can just say you're out of Plutonium :D
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Don't know about the rest but

Flux Capacitor
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

kostmayer wrote:Don't know about the rest but

Flux Capacitor
How much is that in american dollors and do they deliver to the US?
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

About 250 dollars.

Don't think that site will ship to the US but if you google Flux Capacitor Replica then I'm sure some will turn up :)
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Just saw the re-aired pilot yesterday, and I gotta say, it was well done. The only problem I have with it is Val Kilmer. He does a good job, don't get me wrong, but the original KITT had a personality, would make witty comebacks and everything. Maybe it was the slight Boston accent, I don't know. The new one has more of an artificial feel to it. Forgive me, but he sounds like a Vulcan version of Data, spouting off statistics and showing graphs and pie charts and the like. However, the new KITT's tech is absolutely first rate, although it's kinda silly for him only to be bulletproof when the computer is on. Getting 167 mpg, top speed of @210 mph, hacking into all sorts of computers, the camoflage, all very cool, indeed, but how does he remove his spoiler like that? Is it made entirely of nanites, or what?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

mwhittington wrote:Just saw the re-aired pilot yesterday, and I gotta say, it was well done. The only problem I have with it is Val Kilmer. He does a good job, don't get me wrong, but the original KITT had a personality, would make witty comebacks and everything. Maybe it was the slight Boston accent, I don't know. The new one has more of an artificial feel to it. Forgive me, but he sounds like a Vulcan version of Data, spouting off statistics and showing graphs and pie charts and the like. However, the new KITT's tech is absolutely first rate, although it's kinda silly for him only to be bulletproof when the computer is on. Getting 167 mpg, top speed of @210 mph, hacking into all sorts of computers, the camoflage, all very cool, indeed, but how does he remove his spoiler like that? Is it made entirely of nanites, or what?
Well, this KITT is still young. That was probably his first time out in public, or doing anything other then testing. It'll be interesting to see if the writers are smart and have new KITT grow a personality.

And he's bulletproof because of the nanites, which are controlled by the computer. If the computer is off so are the nanites, and by extension the bulletproofness. They should've done that with the NX-01's defenses. Too bad that would rewrite Star Trek continuity.

And it's possible that the spoiler could be made out of nanites. Maybe that issue will be addresed in the series.
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

At least no one said "polarize hull plating"! :lol: