Survival

Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Re: Survival

Post by Lighthawk »

Buck

As Buck looked around for a way up, stairs, a lift, even a ladder, he kept finding his path blocked by the winding mass of the factory line. Several times he bumped into some hanging or jutting piece of machinery, knocking things ascew or off entirely. After a few minutes searching, Buck realized he had no idea where he was, or where the exit was.

Mir

"Well hopefully you learned an important lesson than," Solaria said distractedly as she focused on the hairs. Walking to the window, she flung it open and tossed them out into the breeze. "Even if that works, it won't take her long to realize it's a ruse."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Mir quickly grabbed up his weapons and threw the longlas to Solaria. "Well we're out of here. We grab the Sentinel and go as far and fast as we can away from here. Too many people in the immediate vicinity want us dead."
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

Solaria caught the weapon and shouldered it. "We sure know how to make friends, don't we?" She marched over to the door and put a hand to it gently. "It's clear."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"Uhh, you sure?" Mir said as he readied his shotgun.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Lighthawk wrote:Buck

As Buck looked around for a way up, stairs, a lift, even a ladder, he kept finding his path blocked by the winding mass of the factory line. Several times he bumped into some hanging or jutting piece of machinery, knocking things ascew or off entirely. After a few minutes searching, Buck realized he had no idea where he was, or where the exit was.
Buck rumbled about. Confused, lost and slightly upset that he got forgot where and what he was doing. "Little metal friend! Where you go?!"
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

Solaria rolled her eyes. "No, not at all. Actually, there are 50 ork out there, they're just being really quiet."

Buck

The only answer was the returning echo of his voice. A sudden thud of metal sounded from somewhere off to Buck's right, followed by a grating sound, like something sharp digging through concret.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"Wait... what?" Mir said, confused. He aimed his shotgun at the door.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

"...it was a joke," Solaria said softly. "You feeling alright?"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"Let's recap ok? I fucked your imaginary friend. She took over your body. I went on Abaddon's own scavenger hunt for her. Then she popped out of you like you were made of plastic and starts killing a bunch of nuns so I had too shoot her in the face with two shotgun shells full of blood which pissed her off then she appeared in my dream and beat me up and I've still got burns on my shoulder in real life. Princess I've got no fucking idea what to believe or what not to when it comes to you and that voodoo you do."
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

Slinging the longlas across her back on its strap, Solaria crossed over to Mir and took his face between her hands. "I'm sorry. I guess I never stopped to think how messed up all this must be for you as well."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"Yeah well, I'm just rolling with the punches. Just don't be surprised when I look more confused and dumber than normal when you start talking about that psyker stuff."
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

Solaria nodded, and gave Mir a quick kiss. "How about we just pretend I have an auspex? Would that help?"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"Yeah, that could work," Mir replied. "We need to find a way back up to the roof and over to the parking garage to get the Sentinel back."
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

Mir

"There's bound to roof access somewhere on this floor. Lets go find it."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

"Alright," Mir said. He cautiously opened the door and scanned the hallway. The hotel seemed deserted but he wasn't interested in pressing his luck. He reached into his pockets and pulled out the master key that was inside. He checked several doors before locating a small janitorial closet. Inside behind the linens and towels he spotted a ladder built into the wall leading up to a hatchway. "Ah ha!" he exclaimed triumphantly. Pushing a few carts out of the way he grabbed the bottom rungs and started to pull himself up but paused. He set his feet back down on the floor and inspected one of the carts. Picking up a pair of big fluffy towels he tossed one to Solaria and stuffed the other in his ruck-sack. "Always keep a towel on you. Never know when it might be useful."