Moderators

Important stuff, please read before posting
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Moderators

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Right, that is IT for me.

I vote we ban Blackstar from this forum, right now.

All in favour?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Right, that is IT for me.

I vote we ban Blackstar from this forum, right now.

All in favour?
Are you asking for a mod vote or a vote from the users?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, that was abrupt.

Shall I set up a voting thread somewhere so we can get a tally of the forum members' opinions, or shall we mods just voice our opinions?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

As always with Blackstar you just got half the story. I did say this behaviour was on the point of trolling, the emphersis was his hot mine, BUT, and this is a big but we do have a rule about not being an jerk ('If you want to exercise your right to be a jerk, you will find that you will have to do it elsewhere.') and as I said to him he is currently getting to the point were that rule will have to be used.
email, ergo spam
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

No, I'm not polling the forum members. I am asking us, here.

I am sick and tired of the little git. I want him gone. Do YOU guys agree, or not?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

GrahamKennedy wrote:I vote we ban Blackstar from this forum, right now.
The hell? I'm the one who's been wronged here. I didn't break any rules. I was threatened to respond or else, then I got a warning after responding. Your own mods admitted there were no debating rules to break. I thought you could only get banned for breaking the rules.
As always with Blackstar you just got half the story. I did say this behaviour was on the point of trolling, the emphersis was his hot mine, BUT, and this is a big but we do have a rule about not being an jerk ('If you want to exercise your right to be a jerk, you will find that you will have to do it elsewhere.') and as I said to him he is currently getting to the point were that rule will have to be used.
I quote from your response on the PM system:
This behaviour has got almost to the point of trolling
This would be like getting a ticket for almost running a stop sign. It's always me 'almost' doing something.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

If we all KNOW that this is how Blackstar debates, and we still choose to debate, or continue the debate past a certain point, then shame on who exactly? Speaking for me personally here, if I go into a debate knowing how Blackstar is, and get frustrated because s\he won't debate as I think that s\he should, I consider that my own fault, and (hopefully) will learn from that experience so as not to debate with hir again. All I am saying is that rather than get frustrated because I cannot change Blackstar over whom I'm powerless, then I need to look at myself and see if I can make a change there so as not to get stressed out. Make sense?

Don't get me wrong, because Blackstar CAN BE ANNOYING (and you know it Blackstar, sometimes I think you argue just for the fun of it), but if Blackstar isn't directly disrupting the thread and all s\he is doing is talking out of hir backside, is a formal warning appropriate? As moderators, can you just block someone from posting on an individual thread? (if not, it may be a good idea to look into) I just don't want to see Blackstar get booted off the site for something this minor.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

because Blackstar CAN BE ANNOYING (and you know it Blackstar, sometimes I think you argue just for the fun of it),
I know a can be annoying and yes I argue just for the fun of it.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I vote against. I think that is unwarrented at this time.

Maybe a compromise here. Instead of TELLING Blackstar what to do, perhaps we could solicit an agreement. I am just speaking as a member of the forum here, but if we asked you to knock it off (you just agreed you know what IT means), would you? And agree to be held to consequences if you violated that agreement?
Last edited by Mark on Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:I know a can be annoying and yes I argue just for the fun of it.
Given the number of times and the number of people who have called you on your dishonesty, and told you to stop it, that's about as good an admission of trolling as I can think of.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Captain Seafort wrote:
Blackstar the Chakat wrote:I know a can be annoying and yes I argue just for the fun of it.
Given the number of times and the number of people who have called you on your dishonesty, and told you to stop it, that's about as good an admission of trolling as I can think of.
You forced me to respond in this specific case. I find many people in here annoying yet you don't see me whining about it at the drop of a hat, especiallyhen I'm the one who forced the hat to drop.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Oh, and Seafort, I owe you an apology. I thought this whole thing was the result of the USS Stargazer thread. Didn't realize this was a "newer" one. Sorry.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Mark wrote:If we all KNOW that this is how Blackstar debates, and we still choose to debate, or continue the debate past a certain point, then shame on who exactly? Speaking for me personally here, if I go into a debate knowing how Blackstar is, and get frustrated because s\he won't debate as I think that s\he should, I consider that my own fault, and (hopefully) will learn from that experience so as not to debate with hir again. All I am saying is that rather than get frustrated because I cannot change Blackstar over whom I'm powerless, then I need to look at myself and see if I can make a change there so as not to get stressed out. Make sense?

Don't get me wrong, because Blackstar CAN BE ANNOYING (and you know it Blackstar, sometimes I think you argue just for the fun of it), but if Blackstar isn't directly disrupting the thread and all s\he is doing is talking out of hir backside, is a formal warning appropriate? As moderators, can you just block someone from posting on an individual thread? (if not, it may be a good idea to look into) I just don't want to see Blackstar get booted off the site for something this minor.
Yes, but he has been warning and has had a suspension previously. When he came back he was told in no uncertain terms that he was to behave himself. This he is failing to do. To cap it all he's doing one of his favourite things which is to use something someone says and to miss out the most important part because it doesn't agree with his point of view. As I've said before he is so close to trolling that he's nearly there, BUT, there is a rule about being a jerk and on that front he has violated that so many times it's unbelievable. Now we have his own admission:
I know a can be annoying and yes I argue just for the fun of it.
This is not only an open admission to trolling but also jerkdom in the extreme.
email, ergo spam
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mark wrote:Oh, and Seafort, I owe you an apology. I thought this whole thing was the result of the USS Stargazer thread. Didn't realize this was a "newer" one. Sorry.
Not a problem. This has been building for months - the Stargazer thread was only one example of it. Note that part of the warning posted I posted refered to Blackstar's long history of this sort of thing.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yes, even in a thread where shi may get banned, Blackstar continues to ignore peoples' posts. :roll:
I, a short while ago, wrote:He told you to respond to the six or so people you ignored. "I concede" is a response. Ergo, you had the possibility of saying so.
It was perfectly possible for you to simply say "I concede". Doing so would have allowed you to avoid all this.

Now, I'm going to hold off voting for a short while, to give you one last chance. This chance is really quite a simple thing.
Answer me this: Why should we not ban you? What do you continue to this community that makes up for your constant disruptive behaviour, dishonesty and general annoyance?
Answer satisfactorily to those two simple questions, and I will vote against banning you. Fail to answer them satisfactorily before I go to bed, and I will vote to ban you.

Mark:
This isn't a result of one thread, per se. It's really a result of Blackstar's behaviour over the entire time shi's been here. The thread in question is just a case of the straw that broke the camel's back.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"