Would it really be so bad if...

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Would it really be so bad if...

Post by Deepcrush »

You still have 25% less S/E and Rochey has 50% less. Thats a huge loss of capability.
I have to disagree and I'll tell you why. The 3/4s of the fleet open to the S/E won't have as many concerns to worry about as the current SF had. They'll have newer or atleast well upgraded ships to start. Second, have we ever heard of the SF using 3/4s of its fleet for S/E? No. Every SF ship performs whatever mission someone thinks up and then just picks the closest. Not the ship best suited for the task, or the best crew for the task. Just the closest ship. This is the problem I want to remove. The fleet could still act as it does now but it wouldn't have to. There would be ships on stand by to support any odd needs that come up and of course if you wanted you could still just send out a call to all ships in the area.
Oh find more! Why didnt I think of that. Well in that case I'll just ask Q to make all my ships indestructable.
Again, wrong person dumbass. :roll:

Relocation vs finding more (resources). A little different, just a bit. You should take that up with Rochey, not me.
I dont know what % would you? You saw my numbers, your fleet is tiny.
I know the fleet is small. Thats my reason to build it back to pre-war numbers. I'm not talking over night here. Something like this could take 10 or even 20 years to finish. Its a big goal no doubt but its one that is possible with strong effort.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I have to disagree and I'll tell you why. The 3/4s of the fleet open to the S/E won't have as many concerns to worry about as the current SF had. They'll have newer or atleast well upgraded ships to start. Second, have we ever heard of the SF using 3/4s of its fleet for S/E? No. Every SF ship performs whatever mission someone thinks up and then just picks the closest. Not the ship best suited for the task, or the best crew for the task. Just the closest ship. This is the problem I want to remove. The fleet could still act as it does now but it wouldn't have to. There would be ships on stand by to support any odd needs that come up and of course if you wanted you could still just send out a call to all ships in the area.
I can buy that for your 3/4 but not Rocheys 1/2 fleet. But in general that seems to be what SF is already doing with the Defiant and Akira ect.
Again, wrong person dumbass.

Relocation vs finding more (resources). A little different, just a bit. You should take that up with Rochey, not me.
Fair enough.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Fair enough.
Copycat! :P
I can buy that for your 3/4 but not Rocheys 1/2 fleet. But in general that seems to be what SF is already doing with the Defiant and Akira ect.
The problem is that both of those ships are built for war. Now, SF does have a lot of S/E ships that are more then able to take care of themselves (Nebs and GCS). But, which would you rather? You have a raider in your space and a new star cluster to study. You have an Akira and Defiant in one sector, a Neb and GCS in another sector. Which pair do you send to which problem? The great thing about SF is that both of these pairs could do either job. But, each pair is better then the other at a specific job. This is the reason behind my planning.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Why is this in DS9?
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That's a very good question. There's nothing pertaining to DS9 in here.

Hang on while I move it.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

And here we are.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Would it really be so bad if... Deepcrush ran the post-DW UFP?
I think this is why it was in DS9. This is the first post.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

To late, rochey bumped it already.