Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Ep Discussion: SG1 1.12 "The Nox"

Post by Varthikes »

Stargate: SG-1
"The Nox"

Here we meet the Nox. And, after this, we will only see one of them twice more. And, I thought it was very interesting how the creators treated them. The creature that SG-1 came looking for looks pretty cool.

This is also the first time Teal'c faces Apophis after his rebellion.

We also have the introduction of some dissatisfaction with the Stargate Program in the U.S. Government, which is a good development. Here we are halfway through the first season and not much has been gained by the Program by the way of technologies.

In this episode, we also have DS9's Armin Shimerman as the main Nox. If you ask me, I think he does a great job. Never saw Quark in his performance. Of course, a Ferengi character wouldn't exactly fit well with a Nox character, I'm sure.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Ep Discussion: SG1 1.12 "The Nox"

Post by Deepcrush »

Goes to show he's more then a one role actor.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I always find the Nox interesting. I would have liked to see how other species interact with them more.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

Especially the Ori.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The Ori are the funnest race to watch though. I don't think the two would have been a very good contrast for the show.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu