CD-A10 Morningstar light frigate

Showcase your own starship and weapon designs or other creative artwork
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

CD-A10 Morningstar light frigate

Post by Reliant121 »

The Morningstar class light frigate was designed to combat some of the faster gunship classes fielded by rival companies. She is well armed with 7 AF laser cannons, and a single light battle laser mounted on the bow. She carries 3 high power Incarsis engines and an Iota grade slipstream drive. her shields are fairly capable and her armour plating is top rate for a design of this size. The main disadvantage of the design is the weak sensors she carries, making her less effective in the patrol role. But as a defensive frigate, or a light support ship, she is a great vessel.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Re: CD-A10 Morningstar light frigate

Post by sunnyside »

Is there a world/time/setting that goes with this?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I think you've shown a good deal of restraint with these, which I mean as a compliment. Based on you're write-up of the universe, it would be very easy for you to load these things up with battle lasers and ptoton cannons, but you've obviously made an effort to keep a modicum of common sense.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

a ship of this size would have trouble even powering a proton cannon, let alone a array of them. Plus it'd put the construction costs through the bloody roof.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I could try to render some of these in 3d for you, if you'd like. Same offer out to Graham. Bryce 5 is pretty sweet; I just need to practice.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Go ahead. Anything i post up here is up for grabbing and using.

At some point i'll have a go at an old Ultimatum Dreadnaught.

btw, mine arent anywhere near as good as Grahams 1) he's damned good at it and 2) i'm using paint. and he...isnt..
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Cool. I'll start on it today. :D

EDIT: Maybe I'm slow and old, but which way is the front on each view? One's from the side, and the other is top-down, right? It'd be a bit embarassing if I were to render them backward. :P
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Looking at the top image, the side on view, the left side is the bow and the right side is the stern.

Just to make sure, the wings mounted on either side are the almost the same thickness of the hull. not quite but almost ;)
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I could try to render some of these in 3d for you, if you'd like. Same offer out to Graham. Bryce 5 is pretty sweet; I just need to practice.
Hey, if any of my stuff takes your fancy then by all means.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...