USS Daystrom Beta Prep

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Not saying I'll purposely try to lose. Just I'll be okay with it.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

We should win. We just shouldnt kick arse at it. And we'll suffer loses.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I already have a pretty intense engineering disaster scene concept, and as my characters are more expendable than the Daystrom crew, I'm sure some of them won't make it. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I imagin the land army will not go to well apart from the unit Monroe is training. Probably the only ones who will be prepared and have a tactic.

The commodore in charge may be in for a wake up call :)

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

I want in(?)

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Hey all,

Is there any way I can get in on this RPG? I'll take a recurring guest role if possible(?) I'd like to post something from the POV of a ship commander/first officer in the attack fleet, preferably the one dealing with the Defense platforms. However I'd like to know if thats permissable (ible?) first and what the plans for the platforms are.

Before you wonder how much I know of whats going on, I have been a perpetual guest on the forum since almost the first full week of activation, and the Daystrom RPG is something I check everyday. I know the storylines and the various characters, conflicts etc.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Welcome! And it's definitely cool with me. I would check with Tsukiyumi about anything to do with the ODP's, and with Teaos because the RPG is really kind of his baby, but I think we're generally all agreeable and wonderful people. :D
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Thanks! This is also my first forum so I'm guessing DP Plans would be PM territory? Unless we're allowed to give the plot away in the comment page? I've noticed you all seem to get along, thats what prompted me to finally sign up. :)
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I personally am of the opinion of using a PM to check in with someone if you have something in mind which would better served as a surprise twist. Of coourse, we don't really care for anything that would radically alter the course of the thread, maim or kill someone else's char, etc.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

me,myself and I wrote: I've noticed you all seem to get along, thats what prompted me to finally sign up. :)
Well... we have our moments... *hides the old OOC thread*
But we're able to work things out pretty well :)

Its good to have you on board. If you find yourself really liking it you should go for a pernament character later on for mission 3.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I'm cool with someone else commanding one of the other ODP task force ships. I'm using the Lakota-class, but there's still a Nebula, an Intrepid, two Sabres, and four New-Orleans class ships that are open. Of course, as I'm the task force commander, I'm still in charge overall, but I'm pretty agreeable. :wink:

Feel free to PM me about details, etc.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yip you can join. If you've read the story so far you know what works and what doesnt. Just give the mission prep thread a quick read and it'll be sweet.

You and Tsu can sort out your roll for this mission and if you like playing you can make a long term character to put on the Daystrom next mission.

I'll post the fleet leveling tomorrow if anyone want to make a last post while at the station. WE will be traveling for a week then once I give the green light to attack ITS ON :twisted:

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I really need to make a post. I'll whip up my arrival and subsequent actions on the Dakota later on today, now that I'm free for the next few days.

Me, Myself and I:
Happy to have you aboard. Love the sig, by the way. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Welcome abourd, Me,myself and I. I simply hope your command decisions are good one :wink:

we are really nice people

-cough-
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

me,myself and I wrote: I've noticed you all seem to get along, thats what prompted me to finally sign up. :)
Ya, sure...we can go with that...now if you'll excuse me I need to finish digging a shallow grave out back.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Oh, how convinient. That'll save me digging one.
*racks shotgun*
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"