What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:56 pm
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:50 pm Well, I get home from work Monday morning feeling lousy. I take the test and... yup. I got Covid-19. How effin' lovely.
Damn man. Considering you work at a Walmart and it took this long for you to catch Covid-19, you've done an incredible job of protecting yourself.
Well, I work overnight and my main job means I avoid a lot of people. I'm also vaccinated and got a booster shot. The sad thing is I was gonna get my next shot the Monday I found out. What perfect fucking timing, eh? :bangwall: :bangwall:
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:50 pm Well, I get home from work Monday morning feeling lousy. I take the test and... yup. I got Covid-19. How effin' lovely.
Bugger... Although not literally :)

Sorry to here that. My wife cause it recently and although it wasn't horrible it was a PITA. A week of flu like symptoms and another still testing positive, hopefully you will do better.
email, ergo spam
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:28 pm
Nutso wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:56 pm
Damn man. Considering you work at a Walmart and it took this long for you to catch Covid-19, you've done an incredible job of protecting yourself.
Well, I work overnight and my main job means I avoid a lot of people. I'm also vaccinated and got a booster shot. The sad thing is I was gonna get my next shot the Monday I found out. What perfect fucking timing, eh? :bangwall: :bangwall:
Yeah. It sucks. Hope for the best. Hopefully your Walmart let's you do the 10 days of isolation.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

So far work's been accommodating me, so yay there. And sorry about your wife, Ian. I hope she's doing better.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

She's completely fine now. Back to normal. Thanks.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:04 pm She's completely fine now. Back to normal. Thanks.
Brother had it about a month ago. His wife locked him in the basement. Just kidding. He only slept down there because between him smoking two packs a day and Covid, he had a bad cough that annoyed her.

Also we got to keep away anyone who has Covid away from my mother. Kidney transplant and all. Her immune system is compromised.

Unfortunately I think we are going to have Covid seasons like Flu seasons. Each year a new strain.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Very likely, but each year they will have a jab, just like they do for Flu.
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Yup. As i said I was going and getting my booster shot and flue shot the day I came down with it.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Getting a new car tomorrow. Monday was the last straw for my old reliable Nissan. 15 years I have had her and had since she was 2 miles old. Right out of the factory.

Past year she truly started to nickle and dime me. Mostly stuff I can fix myself but Monday was when she started to stall. Now a car stalling can be anything, but I am leaning on the ECM.

I was hoping to hang onto her longer since I am driving 1000 miles a week. Really do not want to put 50k miles on a brand new vechile. But with the used car prices the way they are, might as well just buy a new car.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:23 am Getting a new car tomorrow. Monday was the last straw for my old reliable Nissan. 15 years I have had her and had since she was 2 miles old. Right out of the factory.

Past year she truly started to nickle and dime me. Mostly stuff I can fix myself but Monday was when she started to stall. Now a car stalling can be anything, but I am leaning on the ECM.

I was hoping to hang onto her longer since I am driving 1000 miles a week. Really do not want to put 50k miles on a brand new vechile. But with the used car prices the way they are, might as well just buy a new car.
Enjoy the new car, McAvoy.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

McAvoy wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:23 am Getting a new car tomorrow. Monday was the last straw for my old reliable Nissan. 15 years I have had her and had since she was 2 miles old. Right out of the factory.

15 years is a damned fine run for a car. My first car lasted about that long. Good luck on getting a new one.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Wow, 15 years on a car is pretty good. I've never managed to go that long.

1000 miles a week is pretty impressive too. Would it be cheaper to move closer to work?

I know what you mean will car prices though. The second hand ones are almost as much as the new ones.
email, ergo spam
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I haven’t had a car in almost 12 years.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:27 am Wow, 15 years on a car is pretty good. I've never managed to go that long.

1000 miles a week is pretty impressive too. Would it be cheaper to move closer to work?

I know what you mean will car prices though. The second hand ones are almost as much as the new ones.
Yeah I got a used 2018 Honda Civic. Brought the price down to $22,600. That much for a four year old car and 39k miles on it. Whereas a base model 2022 Honda Civic costs $25,045. Ridiculous really. Though in the case of my new car it is a much nicer trim.

Hell my brother's 2015 Honda Accord is still worth $20k.

I have been looking to replace the car for the past year and let's say my car was in better shape. That 15 year old car is worth $6k. Though my car is worth the price of scrap. Unless I take the time to pull the engine and transmission.

I am planning on moving closer. Just not going to happen for another six or more months. So I have to drive a 1000 miles a week.

Side effect of driving that much is I actually burned YouTube into my screen of my phone. Oh well.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Had a day out for my birthday with my best friend, I don't get out much due to mental health. Had a really good day, until this evening in London when I got pickpocketed on the tube. Wallet, cards, ID, everything gone. Thankfully I cancelled all cards via the apps as soon as I noticed and reported them stolen.
“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.”
― Captain Jean-Luc Picard