What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by IanKennedy »

Yes, we're still sailing Princess. We long ago achieved Elite status, the highest level of their reward system. It gives us a whole host of benefits we wouldn't get if we went with someone else. For example free internet on board, free laundry, free minibar, anytime boarding, jump the line on tender transfers... etc.

We've just been away on a entirely different trip. This time to the Norfolk Boards driving our own motor cruiser, this one.
email, ergo spam
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

So I know it's quick, but dad and I had a talk about a new pup. Trouble was very good for us on several levels - since mum died (two years ago this december) dad's been pretty down and doesn't have a whole lot in his life. Trouble was a friend and somebody he could engage with. She was also good for both of us physically - he's disabled and I'm not the fittest guy in the world, so getting out to talk her / take her to the park was great.

So... meet the new doggie, who we met on Saturday. Drove more than 300 miles round trip to do it, too. She's a Cockapoo (what a wonderful name), and she's very possibly going to be called Peanut. There is some disagreement on this last point!

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Graham Kennedy wrote:So I know it's quick, but dad and I had a talk about a new pup. Trouble was very good for us on several levels - since mum died (two years ago this december) dad's been pretty down and doesn't have a whole lot in his life. Trouble was a friend and somebody he could engage with. She was also good for both of us physically - he's disabled and I'm not the fittest guy in the world, so getting out to talk her / take her to the park was great.

So... meet the new doggie, who we met on Saturday. Drove more than 300 miles round trip to do it, too. She's a Cockapoo (what a wonderful name), and she's very possibly going to be called Peanut. There is some disagreement on this last point!

Hello, doggie! :D
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Graham Kennedy wrote:So I know it's quick, but dad and I had a talk about a new pup. Trouble was very good for us on several levels - since mum died (two years ago this december) dad's been pretty down and doesn't have a whole lot in his life. Trouble was a friend and somebody he could engage with. She was also good for both of us physically - he's disabled and I'm not the fittest guy in the world, so getting out to talk her / take her to the park was great.

Aww. She's cute and she knows it.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Nutso wrote: Aww. She's cute and she knows it.
That's when they're the most dangerous. "Why, yes. You want to give me treats and snuggles."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

She's a very cute little puppy. We saw her on Saturday but she was still a bit nervous. She's setting down some now.
email, ergo spam
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Graham Kennedy wrote:
Too. Friggin. Adorable. :D

I work Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Then I'm on vacation for my birthday.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I'm now on vacation. :D I so needed this.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

I now have 10 days work left until I retire. If you take holiday (vacation) time I have left to take for the year. Officially my last day is 2nd Noveber 2019. However, that's a Saturday so it becomes the 1st. I have 4 days meaning Monday 28 Oct is my last work day, ever. One afternoon of that is going to be my work leaving meal. So strictly it's 9 1/2 days and counting...
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

IanKennedy wrote:I now have 10 days work left until I retire. If you take holiday (vacation) time I have left to take for the year. Officially my last day is 2nd Noveber 2019. However, that's a Saturday so it becomes the 1st. I have 4 days meaning Monday 28 Oct is my last work day, ever. One afternoon of that is going to be my work leaving meal. So strictly it's 9 1/2 days and counting...
You can do it, Ian! Eye of the tiger!
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

IanKennedy wrote:I now have 10 days work left until I retire. If you take holiday (vacation) time I have left to take for the year. Officially my last day is 2nd Noveber 2019. However, that's a Saturday so it becomes the 1st. I have 4 days meaning Monday 28 Oct is my last work day, ever. One afternoon of that is going to be my work leaving meal. So strictly it's 9 1/2 days and counting...

Short Timer, got that countdown calendar going yet?
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

You mean this, but that's full days until my official departure, 2nd November. :)
email, ergo spam
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

IanKennedy wrote:You mean this, but that's full days until my official departure, 2nd November. :)
That means it'll sneak up on you and seem to come even faster!
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Graham, I'm so sorry for the loss of Trouble. However I'm glad that you'll be able to keep another dog happy and healthy. All you can hope for is to spend a life loved and happy which Trouble certainly had.

Congratulations on your new lease on life Ian! Lucky thing.